XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Saboteur (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   The Need Help with a Freeplay Target Thread (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195097)

True Marvellous 12-11-2009 10:17 AM

The Need Help with a Freeplay Target Thread
 
Seeing as the forum is going to get quickly cluttered with threads regarding some of the more elusive freeplay targets, I thought it may be a good Idea to try keep them all in one spot.

If someone knows how to get this stickied and you think its a good idea could you contact the necessary to pin it please.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and update the 1st post, on a regular basis.

To make things easier if its a city target could you state the sector its in and then describe it best you can. It's will not only help me , it will help get your answer quicker.

If its country side reference the nearest name marker and which direction and how far its from said marker, and of course describe any building or landmark its near.

True Marvellous 12-11-2009 10:18 AM

Reserved in case

True Marvellous 12-11-2009 10:24 AM

I'll start off, with a few I need help with

NW of Champagne Ardern, Its right outside the base you recover the Aurora from. Marker iS just west of the exit tunnel you escape from, I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

La Bourse, just SW of the L of La, its on top a building that looks like a cross, I cant seem to scale the building at all. Ive seen a ladder and some scaffold but cant reach it.

NukeDukem 12-11-2009 03:32 PM

is the first one possibly a stunt jump? i have it as there are no dots in that area on my map but i dont remember it. im also having trouble with the one on top of the cross shaped building in la bourse

True Marvellous 12-11-2009 04:12 PM

Damn yeah could be a jump , i always forget about them.

NukeDukem 12-11-2009 04:29 PM

yeah, plus sometimes theres it doesnt look obviously like a stunt jump - like itll just be a cliff, and youre searching all around it, at the bottom and top for something and then you think 'oh ffs' as you realise all you had to do was drive off it :D

reddevil63 12-11-2009 04:51 PM

Anyone know where the Dierker statue is in Paris Area 1?

True Marvellous 12-11-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddevil63 (Post 2609249)
Anyone know where the Dierker statue is in Paris Area 1?

From memory its on the building you rescue Maria Kessler from, there like a courtyard area you emege onto on one of the upper outside floors.

reddevil63 12-11-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Marvellous (Post 2609259)
From memory its on the building you rescue Maria Kessler from, there like a courtyard area you emege onto on one of the upper outside floors.

No idea were that was. lol

True Marvellous 12-11-2009 05:05 PM

Yay got teh La Bourse Cross shaped building one.

At the SE part of the building there's a drain pipe right in the corner, climb part way up it and then onto the ledge midway up. Turn around and you can then do a running jump onto a plank which is part of some scaffold. You can then reach the roof and the view point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddevil63 (Post 2609260)
No idea were that was. lol

Neither can I but I know its that building :confused:

I'll have a scout around it has a big clock on it so its easy to spot.

edit:- Found it its the rectangular building due just west of Marais marker, looks a bit like a space invader ;)

reddevil63 12-11-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Marvellous (Post 2609266)
Yay got teh La Bourse Cross shaped building one.

At the SE part of the building there's a drain pipe right in the corner, climb part way up it and then onto the ledge midway up. Turn around and you can then do a running jump onto a plank which is part of some scaffold. You can then reach the roof and the view point.

Ok, found the viewpoint....now what?

Nevermind, thought you were telling me the location of the statue. lol

True Marvellous 12-11-2009 05:35 PM

Nah that was one I was missing lol, found your statue though check my last post.

reddevil63 12-11-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Marvellous (Post 2609271)
Neither can I but I know its that building :confused:

I'll have a scout around it has a big clock on it so its easy to spot.

edit:- Found it its the rectangular building due just west of Marais marker, looks a bit like a space invader ;)

Thing is I haven't got the Marais marker anymore.

Is it near one of the landmark names on the map?

True Marvellous 12-11-2009 05:50 PM

Maris is the name of the sector, its not a person

reddevil63 12-11-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Marvellous (Post 2609379)
Maris is the name of the sector, its not a person

Which I have now discovered lol

Cheers, will seek the statue out now.

Angelus01 12-15-2009 04:13 AM

I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

Thanks

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg

Amortys 12-15-2009 11:32 AM

Ok, i need help with a view point I think,

Its the one to the east of the Eiffel tower, on the U shaped building, I just can't see any places to grip, nor do I see any zip I should be using.

Anyone know?

rbanke 12-15-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Marvellous (Post 2608697)
I'll start off, with a few I need help with

NW of Champagne Ardern, Its right outside the base you recover the Aurora from. Marker iS just west of the exit tunnel you escape from, I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

It's a car jump.

shatulance 12-15-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddevil63 (Post 2609358)
Thing is I haven't got the Marais marker anymore.

Is it near one of the landmark names on the map?

the statue is a big black eagle statue on a ball,it's quite large and its on top of the B shaped building left of marais and north of the "cite" of isle de la cite.

the one in paris sector 2 is in front of the trocadero

Gyllen Drage 12-15-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus01 (Post 2618425)
I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

Thanks

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg

I am also stuck on that one.

Machew8472 12-15-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus01 (Post 2618425)
I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

Thanks

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg

i might be wrong, because im flying through these freeplay targets... but is that not a postcard on the flloor....

theres so god damn many im losing track of what ones.. what..

i do know if u got most of ones in that area (paris area 1), u can then go to your stats and see whats left to get, at least you will have some idea of what you are looking for...

Abe_sapien 12-16-2009 02:03 AM

Having trouble with a viewpoint early on. Its on top of an archway, bottom middle of the Gave Da L'Dst area, just before you enter La Bourse. Both the rooftops either side seem to be of equal distance apart. No clear way to get a running jump onto the top. Nor any clear hand holds up the side of the archway.

Machew8472 12-16-2009 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe_sapien (Post 2621123)
Having trouble with a viewpoint early on. Its on top of an archway, bottom middle of the Gave Da L'Dst area, just before you enter La Bourse. Both the rooftops either side seem to be of equal distance apart. No clear way to get a running jump onto the top. Nor any clear hand holds up the side of the archway.

its the building on left... although equal distance, its a bit higher.

make sure you get a good run up and hit that jump button before you drop to lower ledge. you dont have to be spot on either... i almost went over the arch!

hope that helps m8..

Abe_sapien 12-16-2009 03:38 AM

Thanks it did :) This also reminded me to get from a run straight into a sprint whilst on rooftops. Managed to happily hop from building to building with Alarm level 4 in effect :)

Angelus01 12-16-2009 03:44 AM

spents 2 hrs and still cant figure it out....

2 little white dots :(

thank's for the help

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260921600/1fb1_sab011.jpg

shatulance 12-16-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus01 (Post 2621295)
spents 2 hrs and still cant figure it out....

2 little white dots :(

thank's for the help

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260921600/1fb1_sab011.jpg

the top one you get on the roof by climbing up a door with a yellow lamp next to it,there's handholds the rest of the way...its about halfway along on the inside edge of the building,behind the pillars

JimL2112 12-17-2009 04:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus01 (Post 2618425)
I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

Thanks

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg

That's a toughie: the Academie Nationale De Musique, as you would know if you climb atop a chimney just south of the dot, and you will see a Viewpoint marker up there as well as the building's name on the gable architecture.

I can get to the building by a cable on the northwest side of the Academie, and I can hand-over-hand the ledge almost all the way round the building too, but I cannot find how to get up on the roof. I have scoped the building by climbing up on neighboring buildings, but find no ladders, drain pipes, or scaffolding to climb.

Sorry to double-post, but going to "EDIT" doesn't let you add your Attachment when you forget. See lousy image...

P.S. How do y'all take screenies of the game, I'm using a digital camera and the image quality is lousy, even when I do not wiggle! PM me if you have an answer, please?

vicioushunter 12-17-2009 05:17 AM

Scenic Spot Free play. Location Paris 1, La Bourse.
This is the scenic spot left of the L in La Bourse. First head to the south east end of the concrete building, look for a drain pipe. Climb up then press B to drop down to the iron ledge. Get to the third iron ledge, then sprint jump to the wooden scaffolding. The camera does not help here. Climb up ladders and jump up until one plank of the scaffolding forks to the right. Do one more sprinting jump to the building ledge and you will be able to climb up to the roof and see the scenic spot.

Postcard Free play. Location Paris 1, La Bourse.
This post card is on the ground at the cathedral. This is the same Cathedral where Father Dennis asks you to snipe an informant. Located on the west end of the Cathedral in between a few columns.

JiveT 12-17-2009 06:42 AM

I have noticed that with almost all these freeplay things that you have to climb up something there is a yellow light somewhere near where you have to be to get up to it you can see this light day or night unless a cable or something else leads across to the top of wherever you are trying to get to not sure if that helps anybody.

knightdedede 12-18-2009 12:58 AM

In Gare De L'est, I need to get to the top of the large building that makes up most of the city. It's the one with the train station behind it. There are three freeplay events on the roof but I have no idea how to get up there. Can anyone help?


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.