XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lego Rock Band (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1329)
-   -   100% drums ...easist way (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203450)

artphobia 01-22-2010 03:34 AM

100% drums ...easist way

Easier than the nonesense on the site guide...

Play "Ride a White Swan"
Put on Super Easy
Place on short version (if applicable, the song is short enough to not have it last I looked)

The song is a very simple, slow beat, even more so than "We Will Rock You". You will see double notes, but don't pay that any attention! Just play whatever single drumpad is comfortable. Personally I just hit only the red drumpad the whole time while laying on the couch. Only thing to look out for is the last note which comes slight bit sooner.

--- I want to add that I didn't do any the drum fill sections for overpower/starpower and made sure not to have any extra notes.

Have fun :woop:

stevie vip 99 02-28-2010 01:14 PM

Good tip, i did it on another song (can't remember which one), always good for people to have various songs to try with

Neomalysys 03-19-2010 05:47 PM

I'm surprised this works on super easy I thought they would have disabled 100% achievements on super easy.

halfiepint 03-20-2010 02:48 PM

I got mine on charlene with auto kick enabled. And I'm a terrible drummer

SFAL 04-13-2010 07:16 PM

I did a vocals on super easy for the vocals one, but short version, and didn't get the achievement, so short versions may not work, or at least not always.

But yes, Ride a White Swan is fairly easy to 100% even on expert drums. No bass kicks that I remember. I had done my 100% on WWRY on super easy I think, then ended up getting this one anyway later on RaWS.

Spade422 05-10-2010 05:17 AM

wouldnt "silver" by the pixies be easier? the time between the notes are insanely big and the song is relatively short...

TwistedFate 05-10-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade422 (Post 3072544)
wouldnt "silver" by the pixies be easier? the time between the notes are insanely big and the song is relatively short...

Yes, If you don't mind buying a song solely to get an achievement, but then you've crossed the line from gaining achievements because you can to just buying them.

halfiepint 05-13-2010 11:57 AM

So I guess buying another drum pedal so I can get the expert+ achievements was buying an achievement... and buying a RB guitar for the solo achievement... and buying Avatar and Madden NFL 06 for the easy 1000... and 2 extra mics for the singing beatles achievements that I still haven't done yet... and a set of speakers for golden voice... and of course, all the DLC.

if it is, it is, then. don't really care.

Silver by the pixies is great to get the all four 100% achievement.

TwistedFate 05-13-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfiepint (Post 3082322)
So I guess buying another drum pedal so I can get the expert+ achievements was buying an achievement... and buying a RB guitar for the solo achievement... and buying Avatar and Madden NFL 06 for the easy 1000... and 2 extra mics for the singing beatles achievements that I still haven't done yet... and a set of speakers for golden voice... and of course, all the DLC.

if it is, it is, then. don't really care.

Silver by the pixies is great to get the all four 100% achievement.

You can't get the Solo Button without the guitar. You will have a very hard time getting the Expert+ drum achieve without a second pedal. You can't get the Beatles Harmony achieves without multiple mics. You can, however, very easily get the 100% achieves without spending a penny. That's the difference. If you are spending money to make a very easy achievement even easier by buying songs you will only play once, you are paying for achievements.

The point is, it's not necessary to buy Silver. Yes, it's a good song for getting the achievements. If you are buying the whole CD and getting it anyway that's fine, but there are other songs that can easily be done without spending a penny. Silver is a not a good Rock Band song on any of the parts and will likely never be played beyond the achievement so it's blatantly paying for an achievement.

If you are comfortable spending money to bring very easy achievements into the ridiculously easy realm, that's your decision. I'd rather spend money on songs I will actually play more than once.

halfiepint 05-13-2010 11:49 PM

I agree it's not necessary to buy silver for the 100% song chievos on Lego Rock band, you can use about any song for that since you can play on super easy.

for the 50 point 100% all four band members achievement, playing by yourself. To me it was worth that.

Spade422 05-26-2010 12:29 AM

when he was talking about the rock band guitar solo thing, i think he was talking about rock band 2. there is an achievement that is impossible to get without having a stratocaster or beatles guitar/bass.

buying a second pedal is what i would consider "buying an achievement" since it is possible with one foot. my friend told me he got the van halen achievement by having a friend use his fists on the pedal while he plays drums. same goes for "golden voice" (why would anyone cheat on this? its really not that bad if you listen to the song...)

djhepcat 09-07-2010 02:20 AM

and no one ever picked up a Cam for Totem Ball or Burnout Paradise ;-)

I kid....I kid.

anyways, just got this one with We Will Rock You. all things being equal I'd rather listen to a song I like, though I would have gone with Silver if I'd read this thread 20 min ago.

jansons 09-23-2010 12:36 AM

great tip.. thanks for the help

lignimvite 03-10-2011 01:50 AM

I prefer Charlene, just because it's less than 2 minutes long.