XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegis Wing (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=618)
-   -   Excellent Glitch to get Ace! Works Like Charm (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206726)

tarekegypt 02-07-2010 10:34 AM

Excellent Glitch to get Ace! Works Like Charm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenithMarth (Post 1530226)
I figured out the glitch, and a way to get 185k if you suck at the game.

Just plug in a second controller, start the game on insane and bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Have one ship (1) attach to the second ship (2). Ship 1 will be under the black bar. Then, on ship 2, press X twice. This will make it so ship 1 detaches off of 2 and 2 attaches under 1. Keep doing this until they are both pretty far down from the screen. Then make which every ship you want to get 185k attach to the other ship and use the left stick to shoot. The pilot ship can only move left and right though.

Sorry, its a bit confusing but if you try it you will understand.

Just trying to help lol Iam new

This tip is worth its own thread! Easy Ace!
Ok i wanted to give credit for the original poster but i will try to re-descripe it the way i did it:

1. Make sure to have 2 controllers signed in.
2. Start the game on INSANE.
3. When the game starts, immediately bring the 2 ships to the bottom of the screen. This can be the most tricky part as you are using the 2 controllers.
4. Click :xbut: on the 1st Controller this will attach the first ship to the 2nd one.
5. You will need to quickly click :xbut: Twice on the 2nd controller( what you are doing is - Deattahing and reattaching again)
6. By now you will see that both ships are "Hidden" under the black area at the bottom of the screen. You can no longer see them
7. Start shooting with the 1st controller using the :rs: Right Stick to guide missles to enemies on top (they can no longer hit you)
8. You will have to repeat this process in the start of every level.
9. It can get very tricky in level 3 to do this, because enemies coming at the bottom fast on you, they might kill you before you "disappear", So quickly shoot the bottom line of enemies and the start the Attach de attach process.

You will be simply shooting invisible all the way to the final boss.

All credit to ZenithMarth

StillTIPPIN187 02-14-2010 05:03 PM

thanks! but i dont understand when i attach.. i did this method on insane on the first level but either i didn't go down enough or somethin cuz we plowed right into those big kreator balls even below the screen..

any explanation on when we do this glitch?

qSasukep 02-15-2010 11:08 AM

very nice find, i can tell you how many times this game has kicked me when i was at 150k or on the last boss fight on insane.

basically to the guy before me question.

at the begining, but you must do it multiple times , not just 2 or 3 i think around 4-6 might do the trick, and anywhere at the bottom of the screen, also theres a boss that can kill you with this trick, so be careful

EDIT******

helpful hints, on the 3rd lvl clear the first wave then glitch

on the re entery lvl do the glitch in the bottom middle

Ninja x360a 02-18-2010 09:32 PM

Woah Woah Woah Woah...Lois, this is not my batman glass. Sorry ya gotta love Family Guy ;)

But when do you do the glitch? Like how do you know when the first wave is done?

tarekegypt 02-19-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja x360a (Post 2799842)
Woah Woah Woah Woah...Lois, this is not my batman glass. Sorry ya gotta love Family Guy ;)

But when do you do the glitch? Like how do you know when the first wave is done?

you can start the glitch at the beginning of the level, the 1st wave is just the few 5-6 ships at the bottom

that505guy 02-19-2010 04:17 PM

sweetness...

kingkongkyle 02-23-2010 06:05 PM

dont really get it? anybody wanna help?

Hitchcock 02-24-2010 11:05 AM

Horrible description. Someone who knows how to type English needs to translate this with proper grammar.

tarekegypt 02-26-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitchcock (Post 2818823)
Horrible description. Someone who knows how to type English needs to translate this with proper grammar.

Ok i wanted to give credit for the original poster but i will try to redescripe it the way i did it:

3. When the game starts, immediately bring the 2 ships to the bottom of the screen. This can be the most tricky part as you are using the 2 controllers.
4. Click :xbut: on the 1st Controller this will attach the first ship to the 2nd one.
5. You will need to quickly click :xbut: Twice on the 2nd controller( what you are doing is - Deattahing and reattaching again)
6. By now you will see that both ships are "Hidden" under the black area at the bottom of the screen. You can no longer see them
7. Start shooting with the 1st controller using the :rs: Right Stick to guide missles to enemies on top (they can no longer hit you)
9. It can get very tricky in level 3 to do this, because enemies coming at the bottom fast on you, they might kill you before you "disappear", So quickly shoot the bottom line of enemies and the start the Attach de attach process.

Ninja x360a 02-28-2010 07:08 PM

Thank you! Now I understand what needs to be done, I'll get to this one of these days now :woop:

Thelorn 03-01-2010 06:40 AM

Nice find!

XI I AM ZAK IX 03-01-2010 05:21 PM

Do you do this on insane or normal?

Ninja x360a 03-01-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XI I AM ZAK IX (Post 2837557)

Insane, you'll be safe from enemies if done right, and get more points ;)

tarekegypt 03-01-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XI I AM ZAK IX (Post 2837557)

insane you will not get enough score if done on normal. Its clear in the guide to start on insane

JLogan27 03-02-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarekegypt (Post 2827192)
Ok i wanted to give credit for the original poster but i will try to redescripe it the way i did it:

Thanks for that. Worked for me!

xX Mystic Xx 03-06-2010 10:01 PM

I love it how everyone who read this seems to be in the weekly top 20 in the leaderboards =)

rndlgrvs 03-11-2010 08:54 PM

Gonna totally try this later.

padraiglovesyou 03-17-2010 07:48 PM

This really isnt working for me I dunno what I'm doing wrong they just stay there? :(

tarekegypt 03-17-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padraiglovesyou (Post 2900092)
This really isnt working for me I dunno what I'm doing wrong they just stay there? :(

Make sure they are close enough to attach to each other...

padraiglovesyou 03-18-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarekegypt (Post 2900945)
Make sure they are close enough to attach to each other...

They are! And they do what they're meant to it's just one will go abit below the black line & the other won't. But I'm obviously not doing it roight anyway because they both get blown up by a mine :(
I'm going down to the very bottom of the screen & doing exactly as stated so I dunno why it's not working for me :(

The Filthy Goat 04-09-2010 07:21 PM

This was golden for me. Admittedly I was more interesting in using it to get through insane more than getting Ace, but hey two for the price of one. A very late thanks for this.

JuCaMo 04-09-2010 09:13 PM

Worked to perfection. Couldn't get "Ace" because I died in level 4 and my score reset but I was more interested in getting "Legend".

Kefkca 04-14-2010 05:57 AM

spider boss on lvl 5 gets me everytime i do this. any tips?

mikelr1 04-17-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padraiglovesyou (Post 2902915)
They are! And they do what they're meant to it's just one will go abit below the black line & the other won't. But I'm obviously not doing it roight anyway because they both get blown up by a mine :(
I'm going down to the very bottom of the screen & doing exactly as stated so I dunno why it's not working for me :(

Having this problem too :( , any suggestions?

Kefkca 04-17-2010 07:33 PM

keep attaching and reattaching. some of those asteroid things are below the screen so just go deep.

bblcreator8790 04-30-2010 03:11 AM

I'll have to try this. Got 200/200 on my brother's account now I have my own I'll have to go for this.

Sonicboom x 05-05-2010 12:35 PM

Thank God!!! That last achievo was bugging me!! now I can finaly add this game to the completed list !!! ^_^

aSMiLoN 05-08-2010 08:38 PM

This is the reason why I love this site :woop: Excellent find and excellent guide guys, it really really helped with the Ace achievement!

A couple of tips from my experience:
  • It is not very clear at step 5 of the guide, but you must do the attach-detach process 3-4 times at least to be low enough and not get hit. The last attachment must be from the controller of the player that needs the achievement.
  • I found it much better bringing the ships near the right end of the screen (with the other controller), as it help hitting more enemies just when they appear on screen and also the mines do not block you as much as they do if you stayed on the left side.
  • For all the boss fights, except the one on level 5 the best position is on the left as you can aim easier on their week spot and they cannot reach you where you are. The boss on level 5 fires a wicked laser shot that will get you and kill you if you stay on the left (yes I learned it the hard way...). So stay near the right end just below his weak spot and fire vertically up to get him.

K4157H3W153 05-12-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aSMiLoN (Post 3068264)
I found it much better bringing the ships near the right end of the screen (with the other controller)

You CAN'T stay near the right side of the screen for the final boss. I learned the hard way.

So, as a reminder, there is one boss where you MUST stay to the RIGHT and the final boss you MUST NOT stay to the RIGHT.

If you are still confused my advice is to play the game on Normal so you can see the way the bosses fight.

Huge thanks to the guys who brought this to my attention! Just got myself Ace + Legend achievements :woop:

Every second is crucial when you are doing the attach/re-attach process - the enemies start moving in & firing quickly. Just like aSMiLoN said, you should attach/re-attach many times to be safe. I thought I was safe, died, somehow managed to rescue my second ship and do the glitch mid-level... phew!

waffle quiz 06-25-2010 07:41 AM

I keep dying anyway agghhhh