Alan Wake Collectibles Guide [There Will Be Spoilers]
Collectibles Achievement Guide
Every Nook and Cranny - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.jpg
Discover all of the hidden chests.
1. After the cabin gets pushed over the ledge. Go through the gates and shine your light on the stack of palettes ahead and it will lead you to the left and to a chest.
2. As soon as you cross the river and climb the rocks into the next part of the logging yard, you’ll see the yellow paint on the logs ahead. Follow it for your prize. It’s up a ladder, across some logs and in a shack.
3. After doing the “log puzzle” in the second part of the logging yard (after the river), there is a cabin up the slope next to the first light you encounter. Behind that cabin is another cabin with a hidden chest in.
4. After crossing through the first section of creepy wood after the 2nd logging yard, Go through the safe haven, drop down and head left(back up the hill), past the digger and it’s by the fence in the far right corner.
5. After passing down the second set of stairs and over the bridge on the nature trail of Elderwood Park, instead of following the path to Lover’s Peak, follow the boardwalk around to the Moonshine Cave. Inside there will be a Moonshine Cave sign.
6. After you defend Lover’s Peak and fall, turn around, down the slope towards the waterfall. There is a crate there in a little alcove.
7. After falling, crossing through the bear trap infested forest, climbing over the log, up a steep angled log and turning on a generator, you fall down a small cliff and see a plane. Walk through the plane until it tips. Then go back, run up a ramp, onto the wing and up onto the cliff for the crate.
8. After picking up the car and driving to a truck carrying logs on it in the middle of the road, there will be a cabin on the right with a crate in.
9. After fighting with the birds at the end of the chapter, there is a chest out there in the open by the well.
10. After getting to the safe haven (still in the cop chase – after the chopper has gone down and after you have got the torch) with the radio and the flash grenades, cross the wooden bridge by manuscript #36 and stay on the main path for a couple of ambushes. As you get further on (before you leave this section of the woods), there will be some yellow paint on a rock, follow it right to a mine with a supply chest there.
11. About halfway through episode 3 after you’ve escaped the radio station and taken the phone call from Alice. Where the path tells you to go right to your objective, go left up the hill towards a hut with a chest inside.
12. After leaving the train yard, picking up manuscript #49, there will be a fork in the path, right to Mirror Peak, left up to a mine shaft and a broken bridge with a coffee thermos on top. In the mine shaft you will find treasure #11.
13. After crossing the ghost town, defeating the steam engine and climbing the two sets of ladders out the back, there is a chest the opposite way to Mirror Peak. Shine the torch and then follow the arrows.
14. After crossing the suspension bridge, there is a chest on the left behind the big rock.
15. Mid way through the gardens in episode 4 is a section with a small water feature on the left and a safe haven on the right (after the can pyramid #7 & manuscript #63). Straight ahead, before you go left, there is the yellow paint. Follow it left across the cliff face for your reward.
16. In the basement of the cabin, after you speak to the drunk and kill Danny, about half way on the way to the Anderson farm.
17. After getting in the car in episode 4, follow it down till the road splits off – right to the objective and straight on. Head straight on and there is a house on the left. There is a chest inside.
18. After dropping into the field after the car section in episode 4. Go past the windmill and into the first building on the left. It’s inside.
19. After dropping into the street, clearing the van and the Taken posse that emerge. At the next piece of road a float will fly past. Head right and as far along the pier as you can and there will be a hidden chest.
20. Opposite the paint jobs/garage building on the street mentioned above will be a “Fresh Seafood: Fish & Shrimp” building opposite. Follow it round to the left and up the stairs. Be careful, it’s a bit of an ambush on the way there.
21. Upstairs and on the first floor inside the Town Hall. Through a door and watch out for the Taken.
22. When you leave the bookstore, it’s inside a small building on the left.
23. As soon as you drop down into the transformer yard, there is a hidden chest directly left. Right in the corner.
24. After crossing the rotating bridge and getting assistance from the chopper. After it leaves, in the far right corner there is a chest.
25. After meeting up with Barry and Sarah after seeing Weaver in episode 5, it’s around the back of the building you battle the Taken in front of.
26. After getting to the first logging area on the left hand side of the road (after the Majestic sign and with a KBF FM radio sign), head left all the way down to the shadowy hut at the end. There is a chest inside.
27. When you veer off after the second tunnel on to the dirt road, before you open the gate, head around the back of the large building on the left for your next chest. Building has a “Larsen’s” and a “Auto Salvage and Used Parts” sign on top of it.
28. After leaving the scrap yard in the vehicle and making it up to the next area, you will find a broken bridge and a small hut next to it. The chest is inside.
29. After the mine cart ride, instead of going up the ladder, head down in to the right hand corner of the area underneath the walkways.
30. After climbing the stairs by the steep hill with the cargo liner in the far right corner, once you reach the top, there is a building on your right. Go in and on the right is the last chest to open.
Picking Up After Yourself - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.jpg
Find all of the manuscript pages in Normal mode.
1. “The Title Page of the Manuscript” – See 2.
2. “Wake Attacked by a Shadowy Murdered” – The first two are given automatically to Alan after he blackouts and wakes up in the forest. After Alice has disappeared.
3. “Wake Fights a Taken with Light” – It’s just after you encounter Stuckey for the first time in the first section of the Logging Yard.
4. “Rosie Daydreams About Wake” – After the first section of the logging yard when you’ve had to kick the electric panel and climb over the fence (just after the cabin and cliff sequence), head left past the digger and there is a manuscript on the wall.
5. “ Barry’s Arrival” – When reaching the river crossing, head over the first log bridge, hang right, cross the rocks and then hang right again, crossing another set of logs acting as a bridge. It’s sat by a waterfall on a white box of some sort.
6. “Wake attacked by birds” – In the cabin to the right of the generator in the logging yard.
7. “Wake Finds Pages” – hard to miss this one. In the middle of the path on the way up from the second logging yard. After completing the log puzzle.
8. “TV in the Gas Station” – after travelling though the creepy forest, towards he end there is a manuscript page you can’t miss.
9. “Wake Lies to the Sheriff” – smack bang in the middle of the path in front of the gate to the third and final logging yard.
10. “Stuck Taken” – Underneath the float before you head inside the garage.
Episode 2 –
11. “The Sudden Stop 1” – See 12.
12. The Sudden Stop 2” – In your study as Alan flashes back to New York.
Episode 2 - Bright Falls Police Station
13. “Alice sees a Shadow” - Out of the first room and head straight ahead. It’s on the floor by the fridge/freezer.
14. “The Dark Presence in the Diner” – In the last cell after you get a phone call and have to go outside.
15. “Wake at Lover’s Peak” – out in the lot out back of the police station by the burnt out car. After you’ve kicked the fence in.
Episode 2 - Elderwoods National Park
16. “Barry Doubts Wake’s Sanity” – After exiting the cabin, head down the steps towards the truck and you’ll see it just sat there behind it.
17. “Rusty Dying” – In the boot of the car after going past the two cabins on the way to the Visitor’s Centre at night.
18. “Rose and Rusty” – After passing two cabins on the way to the Visitor’s Centre, there is a gazebo up on a hill off the track. As soon as you get to the car (above), head back to the phone box slightly behind it and climb the path.
19. “Rusty Attacked By a Dark Presense” – Outside the Park Ranger Office (opposite the Visitor’s Centre) on the bench.
20. “Wake Reaches a Safe Haven of Light” – On the floor inside the Park Ranger’s Office after you get the key from Rusty.
21. “Rusty’s Final Thoughts” – On the picnic table after the first set of stairs on the nature trail. Stick to the path and you can’t miss it. Before you head down the second set of stairs as well.
22. “Barry Meets Rose” – After crossing the second bridge on the way to Lover’s Peak, bear right, the opposite way to where the Lover’s Peak sign is pointing and it’s by the benches at the end of the trail.
23. “Wake Sees the Torch Symbol” – After crossing the third bridge on the way to Lover’s Peak (the one with the generator) – there is a page underneath the Lover’s Peak sign.
24. “Nightingale’s Arrival” – After going under the “Through Tree” passage and hoping the fence past the safe haven, it’s on the rock there.
25. “Alice’s Fear of the Dark” – After the fight on Lover’s Peak and the fall, there is a page on the edge of the cliff before you walk across the log.
26. “Sarah Thinks About Wake” – After crossing through the bear trap infested woods, before crossing the next log, turn around and walk to the cliff face overlooking the mill. It’s there on the other side of the log.
27. “Wake Hears a Chainsaw” – After crossing the log from 26, climbing the steep angled tree and turning on the generator. In the hut farthest away from the generator there is a page.
28. “Deputies at the Logging Site” – On the balcony of the first floor (not ground, first!) .
29. “Barry in Elder Wood” – After kicking the weight and jumping across on to the platform to carry on in the mill on the second floor.
30. “Wake Feels the Dark Presence” – After leaving the mill, the first cabin on your left up the path has the page in it. Climb the crates and jump down into the gap.
31. “Nightingale Fires at Wake” – By the toilets inside the trailer park after Wake exits the woods and receives a call from Wheeler.
32. “Wake’s Despair” – After crossing the bridge and coming to a dead end effectively, under the tunnel, that’s blocked off is a manuscript page. You’ll see it glow.
33. “Randolph Calls the Police” – You can’t miss this one. In the path as you exit Rose’s trailer for the first time.
34. “The Dark Presence Sleeps” – On the run from the police, after a small climb, you’ll run past one on the main path. Can’t really miss this one.
35. “Rose Visited by the Dark Presence” – When the police car slow mo rolls out from the road, follow the road up from where it came from.
36. “Rose Touched by the Dark Presence” – After you get the flashbangs and get to the first safe haven – where the radio is – cross the bridge and it’s directly on your right along the cliffside.
37. “Nightingale in the Radio Station” – After you exit the radio station, there is a page pinned to the fence that sits on the cliff edge.
38. “Walter Fights Danny” - After leaving the radio station and activating the generator by the safe haven further into the forest, bear right, hug the cliff and then follow it up the winding road towards the radio mast. At its base is a manuscript page.
39. “Wake Attacked by a Bulldozer” – After #38 – Make your way back down to the safe haven and then on to the objective. You’ll come across a shack with three lights surrounding it – oh, and an ambush. Defeat the taken, stand out the back and then head up the hill towards a gate and the glowing manuscript you can see (away from the objective.)
40. “Sarah Distrust Nightingale” – Further on from #39 on the way to the objective will be #40, which is just off the main path on a log – perfectly visible and quite difficult to miss. If youy hit the next safe haven, you’ve gone too far.
41. “Wake Attacked By a Possessed Object” – Slightly further on and past the next safe haven Alan will get a phone call. After the phone call, the manuscript page is on the log on the way towards the objective.
42. “Wake and the Dark Presence in the Lodge” – After crossing the railway bridge, the manuscript page is on the floor before you climb the ladder.
43. “Wake Attacked by a Dark Presence” – The next manuscript is outside on the railing of the balcony on the first floor of the first warehouse you enter in the railway yard.
44. “Mott on the Ferry” – After you reach the daylight again and have to drive to the coalmine, before getting to your destination, there is an orange building. It is in there on the second floor. Right at the top.
45. “Sarah in the Radio Station” – Just on the boardwalk of the entrance into the coal mine.
46. “Thomas Zane in Love with Barbara Jagger – After the day to night cutscene where Alan talks to the kidnapper, there is one outside the building on the way to Mirror Peak.
47. “Wake Touched by the Dark Presence” - In the top room of the first building that you de-electrify the fence outside in the train yard.
48. “Wake and Barry in the Cell” – After leaving the train yard and on the misty path to Mirror Peak, there is a manuscript page on the trail. It’ll be after the first batch of Taken.
49. “Wake and Casey” – on the knuckle of the bridge that Alan calls a ghost town. This area is after the graveyard.
50. “Hunters Taken” – Once you enter the mine after treading the dangerous mountain path, Alice will call out Alan’s name at a junction – head left (the opposite way to the marker) and then follow it to the end, you will see it in a small gap to the right behind the big rock.
51. “Nightingale in the Majestic” –After picking up #50 and getting back on the path to Mirror Peak, there is one in the first large room you come to on the left.
52. “Tor Hits Nurse Sinclair” – After exiting the silver mine, head up the staircase and not down. When at the top, climb the ladder and collect your page.
53. “Mott at Cauldron Lake” – After crossing the big suspension bridge and coming across to another bridge that’s broken. It’ll be on the path to the left that you have to take to get around.
54. “Wake Wakes Up in the Lodge” – On the wooden staircase on the way down to Mirror Peak lookout.
55. “Thomas Zane’s Writing and Assistance” – a story related present from the Andersons in the early stages of episode 4.
56. “Barry in the Lodge” – Just at the top of the stairs after the cutscene that has Alan writing again.
57. “Mott Fails Hartman” – In the opposite corner to the tape player in the conference room, before you save Barry. After getting the key from the nurse. It’s the first door on the left.
58. “Hartman Watches Wake Fall” – Found in Hartman’s office.
59. “Hartman’s Mission” – It’s on the arm of the chair after you use the flare to destroy the dark presence that consumes the door and is by the TV for the “Boob Tube” achievement.
60. “Wake Sees the Old Gods Stage” – In the maze, on the correct way out, on a rock underneath a tree. Can’t miss it.
61. “Hartman and the Power Failure” – A good way through the maze you’ll be attacked by one of those huge Taken. After defeating them, at the end of one of the open areas, head left (right is the way out) and follow it to the end. In a little alcove will be the manuscript on a bench.
62. “Mott in Charge” – In the building on the left after the gazebo section, before yon pass through into the next area with a safe haven and a wrought iron gate. Also a shotgun in here.
63. “Barry Attacked By a Taken” – After destroying the double gate and wheelbarrow with light in the garden, it’s further on before you go down the stairs.
64. “Hartman Sedates Wake” - After navigating the small water feature in the gardens, climbing the steps and coming to a safe haven, there is a thermos directly ahead. There are a couple of small tables, some plants and supplies here. Head right (NOT left) and onto the small walkway to pick up the manuscript page.
65. “Walter at the Anderson Farm” – After the car crash, Alan will be alone again. Follow the path down until it opens up and then head left and it’ll be down the end of a mine shaft. Look for the glow.
66. “Nightingale Arrests Wake” – By the generator that you have to turn on to destroy the gates.
67. “The Dark Presence at Large” – Given by the light on the path after the campsite, on the way to the cabin that the car was heading to.
68. “The Patients Escape the Lodge” – After avoiding the bear traps on the main path, you will come to a ruined building with a generator outside. It’s on the floor by the generator.
69. “Hartman Considers Mott and Wake” – After killing Danny and before getting in the truck. Check the back porch for this manuscript page.
70. “Mulligan Questions Nightingale’s Orders” – At the back right corner of the Anderson’s stage stuck to the wall.
71. “Nightingale Finds the Manuscript” – In the far right corner of the field after the stage showdown on a small cart, behind a tractor.
72. “The Anderson Brothers in the 70’s” – First floor of the barn that you first enter with Barry – the one where you have to raise the container to get in the door.
73. “The Mystery of the Missing Week” – On the landing of the first floor of the Anderson’s home.
74. “Nightingale Reads the Manuscript” – Just outside the cell after you’re freed.
75. “Nightingale Attacked by the Dark Presence” – Next to #74.
76. “Barry in the Sheriff’s Station” – in the back of the Bright Falls diner where you first go into the dark. By the toilets that is.
77. “The Dark Presence Set Back” – By the speaker podium inside the Town Hall. The building you are sent to get the key in.
78. “Cynthia’s Work” – It’s on the counter in the bookstore (through the park and across the street).
79. “Barry in the General Store” – After leaving the bookshop, going through the children’s playground and stood in front of the church, head right, into the back of the truck and grab the manuscript page.
80. “The Dark Presence Hunts Wake” – In the church on the altar.
81. “Alice Trapped in the Dark” – Through the church crypt, across the parking lot, up the two sets of stairs and then on a bench on the wooden decking.
82. “Cynthia on Her Way to the Dam” – In the transformer yard, much further on than #81, as you come up from the water’s edge and into the transformers. When you should go right at a T-junction, look left for the manuscript.
83. “Wake’s Plan” – After traversing the transformer yard and using the lift to get to the roof of the Portacabin. There is a manuscript on the chair.
84. “The Falling Helicopter” – After leaving the pipe with Weaver, this will be smack bang in the middle of the path after you jump down.
85. “Zane’s Shoebox” – After holding the door open for Barry & Sarah, then defeating the poltergeist ridden electric cable holders, then jumping the fence. It’s on the right.
86. “The Dark Presence Wants to Stop Wake” - The first time it goes dark and you have to travel the tunnel, there is a manuscript on the other side in the middle of the road.
87. “The Trail of the Dark Presence” – As you exit the second tunnel. The one full of Taken, after the possessed truck and the flying school bus.
88. “Sarah and Barry in the Well-Lit Room” – Just after #87, you’ll come to a blockade and a road going right. Go through the blockade and follow to a dead end. It’s stuck on the side of a truck.
89. “Thomas Zane’s Last Dive” – When you head around to power the container lift in the scrap yard, there is a manuscript page on the right with a load of supplies near the safe haven and the ladder to the power.
90. “The Dark Place” – After fighting using the large spotlight in the ghost town yard (after the scrap yard) and pushing the second mine cart (before pushing the third), it’s in that building on the ground floor.
91. “The Way Through the Dark Place” – After restoring the power to the elevator in the ghost town just after the falling vehicles and the old cargo liner, it’s just as you exit the elevator.
Collector's Edition - 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.jpg
Find all of the manuscript pages in the game, including the ones in Nightmare mode.
WIP - There are 15 nightmare manuscripts in all:
KBF-FM -30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.jpg
Listen to all of the radio shows.
1. At Cauldron Lake, head into the cabin and out through the back door and there is a radio on the back porch.
2. After doing the “log puzzle” in the second part of the logging yard (after the river), there is a cabin up the slope near the light. There is a radio inside.
3. As you get outside the police station at the beginning of episode 2, via the cells, there will be a radio straight ahead.
4. After exiting the cabin in Elderwood National Park and following the winding road down to the Visitor’s Centre at night. The radio is inside the first deserted cabin on the first bend, straight ahead of you.
5. On the steps of a static trailer as you head back to your car in the opening moments of episode 3, after you and Barry blacked out.
6. After the police chase in episode 3, after you get the flashlight and flashbangs and make your way through the woods, there will be a safe haven with a radio next to it.
7. On the way to the coal mine in episode 3, when you’re in the car, you will go through a valley between a broken bridge. On the right will be some stairs. Climb them and the radio is in the first shack at the summit of the small hill straight ahead. There will be a car there.
8. Further up the road from #7 will be a tall, guard tower-esque cabin/lookout tower. There is a radio inside.
9. After getting in the car in episode 4, follow it down till the road splits off – right to the objective and straight on. Head straight on, past the house on the left and up to the tower on the top of the hill. There is one upstairs.
10. After climbing the ladder to the third floor of the silo (episode 4 after both the stage showdown and the Viking boat as a battering ram scene). Achievement unlocked.
There is one missing above, but my stats says 11. Will try and find out which one it is... I’m assuming it must be a story one since I’ve been pretty vigilant with this guide... If you know, please let me know. I have left off any that don't count stats wise (NY flashback, police radios, etc).
Couch Potato - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.jpg
Watch every single TV show.
1. Inside the small cabin to the right side of the third logging yard entrance in the first episode.
2. A story driven TV set at the end of episode 1.
3. A story driven TV set just after Alan speaks to Barry at the police station over the phone.
4. After exiting the cabin in Elderwood National Park and following the winding road down to the Visitor’s Centre at night. The radio is inside the second deserted and dilapidated cabin with the shiny RV trailer to the side of it.
5. A story driven TV in episode 2 in the toilets of the trailer park where Alan gets the car keys.
6. A story driven TV at the beginning of episode 3 in Rose’s trailer. Must turn it on though. It's as soon as you wake up from your slumber.
7. About mid-way through episode 3, after crossing the railway bridge and entering the first warehouse in the train yard, upstairs is a TV.
8. Story driven TV in a building after fighting the steam engine in the ghost town in episode 3.
9. May be missable – but there is a story driven TV that starts when you go up the stairs after you talk to the Andersons in the episode 4 lodge. Stop to watch just in case because theoretically you can just run straight past it.
10. Story TV in the cabin with the drunk. Upstairs, opposite where he’s lay down (episode 4).
11. In the Anderson’s barn – after lifting the huge container to get in – on the right on the ground floor (episode 4).
12. As you go up the stairs in the Town Hall. There is a TV on the wall straight ahead (episode 5).
13. After crossing the rotating bridge in episode 5, in the control room on the left as you get off, you’ll find a TV.
14. Right at the beginning in the flash back to NYC, you’ll have to watch the rerun of Alan’s interview from TV. Achievement unlocked.
Hypercaffeinated - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.jpg
Discover all coffee thermoses.
Episode 1 - Alan & The Hitchhiker
1. Stay on the road you hit the hitchhiker on in episode one and it’ll be in the middle of the broken bridge.
2. In the bunker just after you pick up the gun and torch. Be careful, if you jump down the edge to the left of the bunker, you can’t go back!
3. Before you enter the lighthouse, on the bench on the right. Be quick... hurricane’s a coming!
Episode 1 - The Town & Cauldron Lake
4. At the back in the diner underneath the red and blue neon sign.
5. Once you get to Cauldron Lake, before walking Alice across the bridge, turn around and run up the winding path to where the car is. There is one in front of the car.
6. In the kitchen on the worktop of the cabin at Cauldron Lake.
7. When you see Stucky for the first time, head right slightly, past the digger and it’s just in front of a truck.
8. When you get to crossing the river on foot, walk over the first tree and then make an immediate left when you get across. Follow the small island up and you’ll see it at the end
9. After the “staircase is broken” line in the second part of the logging yard follow the path left and then straight on (into the really foggy bit) – it’s there on a rock to the right.
10. After the second logging area – where Alan mentions that the gas station is getting closer, the thermos is on the cliffs edge before you bear left.
11. After jumping down and following the cliff edge to the safe haven (on the way to the garage). Follow the cliff-side further and there will be another thermos hidden behind a big rock by a red and white barrel.
12. After dispatching Stuckey in the third logging yard, the coffee thermos is on the right side of the farthest digger.
13. Underneath the huge gasoline sign outside the garage.
14. As you enter the gas station yard, walk on to the road, head left and run down to the end to get the thermos sat by the truck. Expect company on this one.
Episode 2 - NYC
15. In the design room next to Alice, his wife.
Episode 2 - Bright Falls Police Station
16. Out of the first room and head straight ahead. Thermos is on the table in the far room across the police station lobby.
17. When you get outside into the parking lot, via the cells, the coffee thermos is dead ahead with a radio.
Episode 2 - Elderwood National Park
18. On the counter between the kitchen and the lobby of the Elderwood National Park Visitor’s Centre.
19. In the kitchen of the cabin that Barry and Alan go to first.
20. As soon as you come out the cabin, run around the back and there will be one sat on the hto tub on the decking.
21. When you get down into the area where the Visitor’s Centre is, there is a cabin on the left, head inside for your thermos.
22. The cabin opposite it (not where Rusty is, the Park Ranger Office), head around the back for one well hidden behind a tree. Just at the end of the fence it is.
23. After crossing the third bridge on the way to Lover’s Peak (the one with the generator) – immediately head right – on the cliff side of the fence and follow it round. There is one on a rock at the far end of that small walkway.
24. After going under a small passage way called the “Through Tree”, bear right down the path towards the tree cut, it’s on the picnic table.
25. Behind the map on the right just before you walk on the Lover’s Peak boardwalk (the one with the love heart engraved in the wood).
26. After falling, crossing through the bear trap infested forest, climbing over the log, up a steep angled log and turning on a generator, there is a thermos in the hut behind the generator.
27. After dropping down the cliff after the generator, dropping again, head left to the cliff line by the river and follow it down. On the high point, there is a coffee thermos.
28. On the second floor inside a room at the back of the mill, after kicking the weight and jumping across on to the platform.
29. As you get out of the woods after the mill, there is a trailer park. Before you enter it, there is a thermos on the bench.
30. After getting in the car and busting through the gates, instead of heading towards Wheeler, head the other way (right) and get the thermos in front of the barricade.
31. After getting to the blocked tunnel, just on the left side of a stack of tree logs is a picnic bench with a thermos on top. It's on the main road. Do not head up the hill/across the parking lot to Barry.
32. On a picnic bench at the end of the lot, by the boat that fell out the sky.
33. There is one on the kitchen counter in Rose’s kitchen.
34. After the chase scene in the forest, there is a thermos inside the first guard post/lookout tower at the end of the high path after the chopper crash.
35. In between the generator and the spotlight just after 34 is a thermos on a rock.
36. Underneath the billboards outside the radio station.
37. After leaving the radio station and activating the generator by the safe haven further into the forest, bear right, hug the cliff and then follow it up the winding road towards the radio mast. Half way up there will be a coffee thermos on the cliff edge overlooking the radio station you’ve just left.
38. After #37 (and the manuscript at the radio mast), head on towards the objective. Not long after the original safe haven, you will come across a shack with three lights surrounding it. Defeat the Taken that ambush you and then push on to your objective. Not far on from the aforementioned shack is another shack on the right of the track with a coffee thermos in it.
39. After crossing the bridge and dropping into the railway yard underneath the water tower, there is a thermos to your right up a ramp in the corner.
40. After defeating the bulldozer and opening the next gate, in the first bay is a thermos.
41. At the beginning of the daytime section, if you drive down the road, then when it turns to gravel and is about to take you under a bridge, stop. Get out and run up the hill to the right to the cliff-edge. Look for the red seat and it’s sat on top of it.
42. Just to the right of the main entrance into the coal mine (in the day time, sometime after #40), there will be a mine entrance with a thermos tucked away in the corner.
43. After the cutscene inside the coal mine building – where day changes to night – there will be a thermos downstairs.
44. In the top room of the building where you de-electrify the fence outside in the train yard. You know, the one with tons of beasties!
45. After leaving the train yard, picking up manuscript #48, there will be a fork in the path, right to Mirror Peak, left up to a mine shaft and a broken bridge with a coffee thermos on top.
46. After crossing the bridge, you’ll be given two ways to get to Mirror Peak – there is a small lake in the middle. Whichever way you go, make sure you do a full lap and you’ll come across a fairly big red cabin with a coffee thermos in and plenty of supplies. I’d recommend going left... you can even see it on the horizon slightly.
47. Inside the last red building on the right inside the first bit of the area Alan likes to call the “ghost town.” It’s incidentally across a bridge after the graveyard.
48. After fighting the poltergeist ridden steam train, there is a hut with a key in it for the building with the locked door. Behind that building is a thermos.
49. When in the mines, having reached the open area where the roof caves in on your path out and the Taken charges through the wood. Despatch them and follow the route down, just around the corner there will be a left turn with a thermos in it.
50. Across the other side and on the left, on the cliff edge, after going across the huge suspension bridge.
51. After fighting through the ruins of the large building – where the floor falls through, there is a thermos round by the back gate, before heading down the hill to the objective.
Hypercaffeinated - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.jpg
Discover all coffee thermoses.
52. In the downstairs lobby of the lodge. The first room after talking to Hartman on the balcony.
53. Follow the stairs up from #51 and there is one on the opposite balcony to the generator.
54. Behind Barry on the window sill when you first meet him and subsequently rescue him.
55. After exiting the lodge, stay on the stone path, go right and follow it to the wrought iron gate and it’ll be on the left at the end.
56. On the gazebo outside when you meet the dark presence controlled orderly.
57. After navigating the small water feature, climbing the steps and coming to a safe haven, there is a thermos directly ahead. There are a couple of small tables, some plants and supplies here.
58. At the end of a small elevated wooden platform on the way to the Anderson farm. It is protected by two barrels... and you have no torch. There are steps to get to it, or you could use the walkway from the mine.
59. At a small camp site with tents, by a heavy duty flashlight.
60. After avoiding the bear traps on the main path, you will come to a ruined building with a generator outside. There is one on the window sill on the first floor.
61. In the kitchen of the cabin that the truck was parked outside – the one with the guy screaming upstairs.
62. Just down the road slightly after getting in the car, on the right hand side, just in front of a tractor.
63. After following the road on to the t-junction. Straight on leads to a house, right leads towards the objective. Head right and you’ll see a tractor on your right a short way down. The thermos is on a stump by the tractor.
64. On the side where Barry is doing the pyrotechnics at the stage defence section.
65. On the bleachers (seating) area of the Anderson’s rock arena.
66. In the far right corner of the Anderson’s barn. Ground floor.
67. After entering the silo and climbing it. On the second floor a big guy will jump out. Defeat him and grab the thermos behind him.
68. Once inside the Anderson’s house, there is on in the first door on the right.
69. Then there is one inside the Anderson’s kitchen.
70. Behind the reception in the police station.
71. After dropping into the street, clearing the van and the Taken posse that emerge. At the next piece of road a float will fly past. Head straight over the road and on a ledge on the decking, there will be a thermos.
72. Behind the till on the floor in the Bright Falls diner, at the end of the main street with the possessed float.
73. When Sheriff Breaker goes, “over here, quick, there’s light,” head straight on to the end of the road and there is a thermos at the end of the street. By some flare gun ammo. Incidentally, this is still the same road as the float street above, but you’ve had to detour to get back on track.
74. After you defend the gate, beat Mr Chainsaw Taken and go through the gate, it’s on the BBQ on the left.
75. Inside the Major’s office inside the Town Hall, there is a thermos in his tiny little kitchen.
76. Come out the park, across the road into the bookstore and the thermos is directly on the right as you walk through the door.
77. When you come out the bookstore and head through the gate where the children’s playground is. On the right, in the sandpit, is the next thermos.
78. In the far right corner of the church crypt.
79. In the far left corner of the fire station parking lot – where the helicopter pad is.
80. As soon as Wake falls out the chopper, there is a thermos on the right in the big open yard.
81. In the first building, when you hit the radio that plays “Poet of the Falls” and the ambush begins, there is a thermos in one of the cylindrical pipes on the way out.
82. As you approach the end of the transformer yard area, after being ambushed by two of the big Taken beasties, go down the couple of stone steps to the objective and look right for the thermos.
83. When you come to the bridge, just near the river bank, where the control room is, there is a thermos just outside.
84. After crossing the rotating bridge in episode 5, in the control room on the left as you get off, you’ll find a coffee thermos.
85. After Alan mentions something about recognising the UV painted signs, drop down. Then in the far left corner, by a fence and a security guard booth (with camera), there is a thermos there.
86. In Miss Weaver’s little living quarters within the confines of the power plant.
87. Inside the huge piece of pipe to the left of the elevator.
88. As soon as you come out the elevator – that you and Sarah and Barry wait for – you’ll see it on the edge of the cliff to your right.
89. In the closing moments of episode 5, Alan will be chased by a tornado and will have to outrun it and get to the Well Lit-Room. When you head inside and down a spiral staircase, there will be one in the racking as you reach the bottom.
90. As soon as you get on to the main road, after the NYC flashback, there is a thermos on the bench right next to you.
91. Slightly further down the road from the logging area and before the first tunnel, there is a barn on the left. On the left hand side of it is a thermos.
92. At the Majestic, inside the lobby’s small toilet there is a thermos.
93. After the poltergeist bridge, you’ll come to a field with a poltergeist ridden truck and plenty of Taken. On the hill slightly to the left, there is a large barn that glows. Just beyond that, towards the objective (but in the same area), there is a house with a thermos on the porch.
94. When you veer off after the second tunnel on to the dirt road, before you open the gate at the top of the hill. In the building that has a “Larsen’s” and a “Auto Salvage and Used Parts” sign on top of it, there is thermos inside on the ground floor.
95. After opening the scrap yard gate, don’t go over the ramp at the top of the hill, instead, get out, head right and pick up the thermos on the stack of pallets.
96. When in the level’s ghost town-esque area, in the second building on the right, with “Holloway & Co” on the sign outside, the thermos is inside.
97. After the mine cart ride, climb the ladder, push the mine cart, make the jump and walk to the end of the walkway. Before you head right. There is one straight ahead. Not very visible, but it’s there.
98. In the middle of the area where stuff is falling from the sky and you have the stealth-tastic Taken whizzing around, you’ll come to a train trailer in the middle of the yard and it’s in there.
99. After climbing the steep hill with the huge cargo liner in the top right corner, climbing the wooden steps and then entering the building and dropping into the next ghost town, there is a battered silo of some sort to your left. There is a thermos behind it.
100. After getting the clicker and talking to Zane, there is a thermos behind the first couch on the right. Shine the light on the word thermos to make it appear.
Bright Falls Aficionado - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.jpg
Absorb every bit of local history and culture.
1. 68th Annual Deerfest Sign – In the garage shop at the end of the level.
2. “Have You Seen This Man” – Wanted sign on a bulletin board in the police station by Sarah Breaker's office.
3. The skeleton of a Columbian Mammoth – inside the lobby of the Elderwood National Park Visitor’s Centre.
4. The Moonshine Cave - After passing down the second set of stairs and over the bridge on the nature trail of Elderwood Park, instead of following the path to Lover’s Peak, follow the boardwalk around to the Moonshine Cave. Inside there will be a Moonshine Cave sign.
5. After crossing the second bridge on the way to Lover’s Peak, follow the path to Lover’s Peak and there will be a sign in front of a huge tree with a hole in it. Stick to the path and you won’t miss it.
6. The Tree Cut - After the third bridge in Episode 2, on the way to Lover’s Peak, after going under a small passage way called the “Through Tree”, bear right down the path towards a tree cut and read the sign.
7. The Bright Falls Coal Mine – Mid-way through episode 3, outside the main entrance to the mine, there is a sign on the left. More mining signs – right next door to #7. (doesn’t count though)
8. “Gray Peak Gorge” – After the graveyard in episode 3, which is after the coal mine, the train yard, and in a place Alan calls a ghost town. Just over the bridge.
9. “Cauldron Lake” – After the silver mine, passing over the valley on the cable cart and by a safe haven up the hill. Can’t really miss this one.
10. A huge sun dial on the balcony when you’re walking with Hartman. “Beyond the shadow...” reads the poem on it.
11. “The Creator’s Dilemma” – a poster by the main entrance to the lodge. After going inside after sign #10.
12. “Welcome to Cauldron Lake Lodge” – After following Hartman through the passage after exiting the main lobby area of the lodge, on the right wall there is this sign.
13. After leaving the lodge interior and making it into the courtyard, there is a statue as a centre-piece there, read the sign. It reads, “Suspended, Lauren Miller, 1989.”
14. The Old Gods of Asgard – A poster on the wall in the Anderson’s barn (after the stage defence), past the button to release the Viking boat as a battering ram.
15. After seeing Barry, you’ll run through a small park with benches and a statue of two hunters and a deer in the middle. Read the statue’s sign.
16. Alex Casey advert on the wall next to the table in the ground floor of the bookstore.
17. After the bookstore and the children’s playground, you’ll come across a church with a sign out front. Read it.
18. Before pressing the button to move the bridge – the rotating one – there is a sign on the right side of the road (nearest where you come from, set back slightly) – it reads, “Lt. William TG Randall Memorial Bridge.”
19. Outside the doors to where you talk to Weaver – “WARNING – this decommissioned site...”
20. “Floodgate controls” sign – where the... you guessed it, floodgates are – can’t miss it, there is a series of three buttons there.
21. When you have to hold the door open for Barry and Sheriff Breaker, there is a “NOTICE” to the right of the button – after you exit the elevator.
22. After getting in the car and driving across the bridge to the first roadside opening, with cars, benches and toilets, there is a huge sign there for the “Majestic Hotel.”
23. Actually at the Majestic (night time scene), there is a general information board in the lobby.
24. After the second tunnel, where the road is blockaded and you have to go right up a dirt path, there is a sign on the gate before you enter with opening and closing times.
25. When you veer off after the second tunnel on to the dirt road, before you open the gate. Before entering the building that has a “Larsen’s” and a “Auto Salvage and Used Parts” sign on top of it, there is a sign on the left of the door to get in.
Hypercaffeinated - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.jpg
Discover all coffee thermoses.
v1.0 - Episodes 1-3 done.
v1.1 - Episode 4 & 5 done. Two revisions:
Added #41 (coffee thermoses) into episode 3.
Added #10 (treasure) into episode 3.
v1.2 - Episode 6 done. One revision:
Added #63 (coffee thermos) into episode 4.
All collectibles for the achievements (except nightmare) present and correct.
**please be aware that the additions will push the numbers down one, so if you are checking off, please make sure to take this into consideration**
Left to do:
Episode guide (colour co-ordinated).
Nightmare manuscript page guide.
Hey, thanks for all your hard work -small request though (yea, I do realize this is a WIP) - any chance of breaking them down into each different section of each chapter? Kind of like a choronological guide? Looks like you have done that in some places but a master list of sorts would be awesome. It would be great if I could go to chaper 4 section 2 (for example) and know exactly what order the collecitbles will come in.
hi i am missing one mp page in episode 6 for the achievement for finding all the pages on normal mode there are 6 and i have five the ones i have are,
1 the dark presence wants to stop wake
2 the trail of the dark presence
3 thomas zane last dive
4 the dark place
5 the way through the dark place
if anyone know where to find the 6 one please help
Listen to all of the radio shows.
I've found one not listed here (but I don't know if it counts to the achievement...)
The one I found is at the flashback that sets Alan in New York three year before, where you find the manuscript pages "The Sudden Stop 1 & 2". In your list it should appear between:
[2. After doing the “log puzzle” in the second part of the logging yard (after the river), there is a cabin up the slope near the light. There is a radio inside.
3. As you get outside the police station at the beginning of chapter 2, via the cells, there will be a radio straight ahead.]
The radio is actualy behind a closed door (that can be opened, of course), at what's supposed to be Wake/Alice's room, next to the bed. To get to the door, at the very begining of the flashback, as soon as you can turn right and it's the door you have in front.
Hope it helps, ^_^! Sorry if my english is not quite correct, I'm doing my best, -_-U!
EDIT: Looking at the statistics, it seems the one I mean doesn't count towards the achievement? Actually I've found 5 radio transmisions (the three first listed, the bed one and one inside the police station) and only counts 3, so I suppose some of them count and some of them doesn't. Sorry if I've mistaken you.
Missing the two last pages from chapter 4, does anyone know where they are? thx
holy crap, there;'s over 200 collectibles.! what? well that slows the pace of the game by a alot. man idk its a rent for me. =)
Free guide! I don't need donations
I don't know if you want to include these videos here, or in the other topic (Roadmap), so I'll let you decide.
So do I need to get these during the regular playthrough or is there another way to come back to these areas and get them before moving on?
I might be an idiot here, but I'm at the end nearly of chapter two and am looking for these two
31. After getting to the blocked tunnel, just on the right side of a stack of tree logs is a picnic bench with a thermos on top.
32. “Wake’s Despair” – After crossing the bridge and coming to a dead end effectively, under the tunnel, that’s blocked off is a manuscript page. You’ll see it glow.
Now I crossed the bridge and went left, up the trail and to a dead end blocked by a trailer and a car. Now I know a tunnel is an underground passageway but this is the only blockage AFTER the bridge that I have come across thus far and I dont want to proceed just incase I continue up towards barry and there is no blocked tunnel.
1st of all, excellent work on this. Over 200 collectibles sheesh, that's commitment for ya :)
But one request: please sort out the different collectibles in episodic order (is that a word? lol). As in sort them by episode instead of by type.
swearingatvideogames he has the collectible guide up in order i think check it out
That's where I went wrong then, I went across the bridge and up the trail on the left to barry when I should of stuck around and grabbed em.
The TV and radio shows add more to the story, or provide little entertaining bits. The chests give you extra ammo/equipment, and so are quite useful. The only other thing are signs, which only take a split second to read.
It definitely doesn't feel like a lot of collectibles, and most are along the path, and so are hard to miss.
It would definitely be a good idea to put these in some sort of order in which you pick these up per level. It's very difficult having to keep skipping through the different sections and to know in what order in the level you come across them. Other than that, nice guide.
ok great stuff atm but if u where to put all collectables in say chapter 1 together,then all the collectables in chapter 2 together instaead all lost of lists for each type, it would be easier to locate and work out, maybe easier than the way it is which at the moment is hard to follow because theres so many different type in this game
Is there anyway to see how many coffee thermoses you are missing on each level? if not that's pretty crap cos i've got about 10 left to find.
Hey Webb, I read that your Radio list was missing one? It wouldn't happen to be the one in the bedroom at the beginning of Episode 2, would it?
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.