XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rockstar Games Table Tennis (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   I just don't get this game (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227871)

dave252 05-12-2010 02:15 AM

I just don't get this game

Im stuck on pro against Jesper in the semis.

The method to serve an ace does not work.

Not at 4, 5, 6 steps to the right. 1, 2 steps back and not at any speed or with any button or player.

I mean, what is the right strategy to use?

You get forced to either side of the table and you cannot get back across in time. Those stupid camera shots where time slows and then cuts back to normal speed are very offputting.

The whole game is BS in my opinion.

What should I do to beat it?

dave252 05-12-2010 02:32 AM

Ok, I just beat him 2nd game after posting this.

All I did was return with Y+B straight down the middle and he put it out 6 times and hit the net once. 7-5 to me.

Thats ridiculous.

luffy 05-12-2010 02:44 AM

Rockstar Tennis??

Th3 Maj0r 06-21-2010 08:18 PM

its pretty much a button masher... just press A and hit the ball across the table.

Gottle 03-31-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th3 Maj0r (Post 3223700)
its pretty much a button masher... just press A and hit the ball across the table.

Yeah, sure... :rolleyes:

Why talk when you haven't even finished the pro circuit on default settings?

valentinopintus 05-10-2011 12:01 AM

it is pretty easy if you practise for a day!!
i have played the game about a year ago and was about to smash my controller because i thought it was too hard.... year later ( a week ago ) i wanted to get the 1000gamerspoint so i gave it a try, after a HARD START i knew what the cpu does and how they shoot most of the time+ its not that hard!!! i got all star circuit beat easily with all characters!!

valentinopintus 05-10-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave252 (Post 3078335)
Im stuck on pro against Jesper in the semis.

The method to serve an ace does not work.

Not at 4, 5, 6 steps to the right. 1, 2 steps back and not at any speed or with any button or player.

I mean, what is the right strategy to use?

You get forced to either side of the table and you cannot get back across in time. Those stupid camera shots where time slows and then cuts back to normal speed are very offputting.

The whole game is BS in my opinion.

What should I do to beat it?

believe me it is not bullshit!!

you have to be patient thats all!

remember SOME characters you use have different places they have to stand if you want to give an ace+ some opponents too...!

i can ace with every player and against every player!

(yes even against jung soo and mark! but apart from those two you can ace all your serves)

valentinopintus 05-10-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave252 (Post 3078382)
Ok, I just beat him 2nd game after posting this.

All I did was return with Y+B straight down the middle and he put it out 6 times and hit the net once. 7-5 to me.

Thats ridiculous.

i would suggest to train with JESPER and go for expert circuit right away and keep trying untill you get used to the gameplay and after you won it you will be able to beat everyone easily believe me :woop:

put 1 set 7 points and 5 serves, start with jesper, go like 5 or 6 passes to the right, and 1 or 2 to the back, if it doesnt work for you try 4 or 7 passes and 0 1 or 2 passes to the back... remember every player has diff places but when you find them out it will be soooooooo easy afterwards!!

oh 1 more thing... for some reason if you use a female you do NOT have to step back but only to the right a few steps against MALES but against females for some reason go 1 or 2 steps back!! (depends on player) or they will return it:)

good luck and if you have questions just pm me!!

chrisk62 01-20-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valentinopintus (Post 4213680)
believe me it is not bullshit!!

you have to be patient thats all!

remember SOME characters you use have different places they have to stand if you want to give an ace+ some opponents too...!

i can ace with every player and against every player!

(yes even against jung soo and mark! but apart from those two you can ace all your serves)

I can tell you for a fact that on Expert/All-star level, serving an ace is impossible against Mark, Jung Soo & Juergen with a few of the players (Cassie being one of them). Ive searched the whole internet to find a way to get Cassie to serve an ace against Juergen and the only information ive found is that it can't be done :(