XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   FIFA World Cup 2006 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Aussie Rules (what's the deal?) (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233334)

slinkster 06-01-2010 10:08 PM

Aussie Rules (what's the deal?)

So, after struggling with some of the challenges people seem to have no problem with, i thought i'd have a go at Aussie rules (since i heard so many people having trouble with it)

i didn't change a single thing, just played as normal.. and on my first go, got a 7-0 win.

I think i should count myself lucky, i'm sure i couldn't do it again if i tried. I just happened to get two goals from passing the ball across the box to viduka who smashed it in. I also got my first on the 46th minute with a Kewell header from a corner. It left me with about 20 mins to get the 7th :)

not looking forward to when i unlock sweden v brazil..

Ohheythere 06-24-2010 04:03 AM

Well, when I finally realized what formation to use/put Soloman Islands at a different formation, it wasn't that difficult (got it second try). I personally used a combination of crosses, corner kicks, and through balls. It seems to mess up their tactics.

My formation: 3-4-3
The reason for using the 3-4-3 formation is that it gives you wingers. It also helps you dominate the midfield. You don't really need 4 defenders since S. Islands don't really pose an offense threat.

S. Islands formation: 4-2-4
Their defenders seem to suck up much more seeing as how they only have 2 defenders. You can put through-balls through much easier and use the wings.

This is just what I used and it seemed to work pretty well. Experiment with different formations as different ones work for different people. I am stuck on Brazil vs. Sweden as well. Can't seem to get the ball off of Kaka and Ronaldinho. Bastards. :)

JoshCah 07-03-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohheythere (Post 3232148)
Well, when I finally realized what formation to use/put Soloman Islands at a different formation, it wasn't that difficult (got it second try). I personally used a combination of crosses, corner kicks, and through balls. It seems to mess up their tactics.

My formation: 3-4-3
The reason for using the 3-4-3 formation is that it gives you wingers. It also helps you dominate the midfield. You don't really need 4 defenders since S. Islands don't really pose an offense threat.

S. Islands formation: 4-2-4
Their defenders seem to suck up much more seeing as how they only have 2 defenders. You can put through-balls through much easier and use the wings.

This is just what I used and it seemed to work pretty well. Experiment with different formations as different ones work for different people. I am stuck on Brazil vs. Sweden as well. Can't seem to get the ball off of Kaka and Ronaldinho. Bastards. :)

i will try that. i hope it works cuz im out of ideas

dj115 07-23-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshCah (Post 3265107)
i will try that. i hope it works cuz im out of ideas

I agree with the guy who posted this there are some which are a pain but that one wid the aussies was a breeze do u reckon each game is set up diffrently?...

Dav13s 09-13-2011 09:38 AM

I managed this one pretty quick too, only 4 or 5 tries, without editing the opposition. Played 4-3-3 like I do for most game and picked pacy strikers as I always do (except Viduka, just cos he's a beast lol).

Some of the other ones are giving me a right headache though. Best advice I can give anyone, is if you start with a free kick or a corner, always score directly from it before continuing with the rest of the match. If you don't, just restart the match and try again until you do.

PeenutsDx 01-04-2013 10:26 AM

I was so frustrated and worn out with this bloody match that I uncontrollably jizzed in my pants lol. True story bro.

foofooachoo 01-06-2013 01:17 AM

I've given up on this, too much anger has been invoked playing it :mad: