XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   N+ (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=830)
-   -   Hardest levels? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235981)

Castlevania1995 06-12-2010 09:04 PM

Hardest levels?

I'm just wondering what everyone considers as the hardest levels. I've bought this today, expecting a challenge. I've completed episodes 0-24 and haven't seen anything challenging.

Master controll hardly hindered me. I just went downwards, wall jump to launcher, walljump to next launcher, walljump to top, get the right switch, jump over the rockets towards the left switch and ended the level.

Paper thing walls was a joke as well. By just planning your route (mostly just 3 jumps before you were safe again) this is easily beatable within a few tries.

My question is, where is the "Mother Thwumping impossible" of N+? The danger of being trapped with an enemy in a 2 by 2 square? The frustration of always dieing at the last key in Pipes, whatever order you follow?

I completed the original 3 times, and so far this game looks more like N-. Will there be harder levels coming soon?

rabies 06-15-2010 03:19 PM

Sounds like you are some kind of natural talent or something. If you breezed through paper thin walls and master control like they were nothing, then no..nothing in the game will come up that will be completely challenging to you. Congrats. Most of us find many of the levels in this game very hard.

Castlevania1995 07-31-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabies (Post 3203687)
Sounds like you are some kind of natural talent or something. If you breezed through paper thin walls and master control like they were nothing, then no..nothing in the game will come up that will be completely challenging to you. Congrats. Most of us find many of the levels in this game very hard.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm sorry if I sounded like an ass in my first post. After playing the original i wanted more of the same. Incredibly hard levels would have been a fun challenge for me, and provide me with hours of practice.

An example would be the video I showed. I had been stuck there for 3 days, totaling at least 12 hours. However, as i got further i learned more tricks to survive. Eventually i had the whole level plan, and it didn't take long to succeed after that.

I felt like those insane challenges were missing from N+. I can understand it though. Letting your xbox powered on for three days would be quite the risk ;)

So I just wanted to apologize for my first post, and for those wondering, I did die over thousand times before getting the 50 episodes achievement.

rabies 08-09-2010 07:07 PM

wow..I watched that video you posted..that is just nuts. See, most of us are thankful that brutal stuff like that is not included. You are hardcore for wanting punishment like that.

I hear some of the downloadable levels are much tougher..you can try those.

Spade422 08-11-2010 06:43 PM

you must be a god at n+ because it took me a good 2 hours to beat paper thin walls

MackeyNArf3952 09-28-2013 08:29 PM

oh me oh my. that's incredible. guess i'll never beat that. anything with missiles drives me to the edge