XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halo Wars (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=385)
-   -   Achievement Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23755)

L3giOn 04-13-2007 04:19 PM

Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements for Halo Wars here.

Eternal 12-28-2008 02:23 AM

The achievement list isn't that bad. I wonder how long it's going to take to get to General rank on Live...

ASJ07 01-04-2009 04:27 PM

General rank will probably take some time.

Barad 01-04-2009 08:53 PM

the achievements look great on this game..very similar to halo 3 bt obviously in some way harder..

afunk117 01-08-2009 08:31 AM

overall they seen pretty nice.

Dexter Live 01-13-2009 10:14 PM

I love the names Thinkin' about my Doorbell and Rambin' Man

Chud 360 01-24-2009 04:39 PM

I like the fact you can do the campaign in co-op and im glad theres an achievement for doing it. It should be good, everything is better in co-op

DemonI81 01-24-2009 05:37 PM

Why are some of the pics in the list colored? Does that mean someone actually unlocked some achievements already? Wow.... I thought since x360a was so harsh on cheaters and pirates/thieves they wouldn't add stuff that was unlocked by such people. Oh well.

xxdanielt3 02-04-2009 06:48 PM

Really looking forward to the game..but not counting as an easy 1000. Probably 100-150 hours for the general rank itself if your good.

milkbits 02-09-2009 04:14 PM

So Lonely at the Top

I'm a bit confused about So Lonely at the Top - Win and have the Highest Score in a Matchmade Skirmish Game on XBOX LIVE

Would this be like the G.R.A.W achievements like Solo Champion - Climb to the top of the solo leaderboard?

It may be the way the achievement description is worded, or it could be my own 100% achievement paranoia...

Could someone clarify? Would I have to have the highest Score leaderboardwise to unlock this achievement?

Also N00b n0 M0r3 - Win a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE seems like that should cover most of the aforementioned achievement, minus the high score... Would it even be possible to win a Skirmish without the highest score?

General Khazard 02-09-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkbits (Post 1589231)
I'm a bit confused about So Lonely at the Top - Win and have the Highest Score in a Matchmade Skirmish Game on XBOX LIVE

Would this be like the G.R.A.W achievements like Solo Champion - Climb to the top of the solo leaderboard?

It may be the way the achievement description is worded, or it could be my own 100% achievement paranoia...

Could someone clarify? Would I have to have the highest Score leaderboardwise to unlock this achievement?

Also N00b n0 M0r3 - Win a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE seems like that should cover most of the aforementioned achievement, minus the high score... Would it even be possible to win a Skirmish without the highest score?

I think the highest score is for that particular skirmish game. And if it's a 3v3 match or something, then it's quite easy to win with less than the highest score.

BeeKay013 02-10-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkbits (Post 1589231)

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Khazard (Post 1589494)
I think the highest score is for that particular skirmish game. And if it's a 3v3 match or something, then it's quite easy to win with less than the highest score.

Right. It's only referring to the individual game's scores and not the entire ranking system.

Gaagie 02-11-2009 09:35 PM

Pretty nice list with exception of the timed achievements :( hate time :P

TG Maduin 02-13-2009 08:44 PM

The timed achs shouldn't be a problem I think. I got most of the missions on par time on my first playthrough, and I wasn't even going for clearing them fast. Many missions in the campaign are time limited anyway (defend for 20 minutes and such) so you can't really fail to beat the par time for them.

Robeyone 02-15-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxdanielt3 (Post 1572641)
Really looking forward to the game..but not counting as an easy 1000. Probably 100-150 hours for the general rank itself if your good.

The general achievement will take A LOT longer than that.

x0Shinydemon0x 02-16-2009 12:32 AM

why? Do i not know something here? I wouldnt think it'd take THATT long, plus, i plan on playing it alot

and do the Mission:__ achievements mean u have to do it on that mission?

AND HOW DO U ALREADY HAVE THE GAME?????

Robeyone 02-16-2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x0Shinydemon0x (Post 1609894)
why? Do i not know something here? I wouldnt think it'd take THATT long, plus, i plan on playing it alot

and do the Mission:__ achievements mean u have to do it on that mission?

AND HOW DO U ALREADY HAVE THE GAME?????

Well that average game gets you maybe 2500 points, but let's be generous and say you get 5000 points instead.

So you need 3.2 million points to reach the level of general. That means you need 640 games at 5000 points to reach that level.

At 20 minutes a game, that would be short for 5000 points, you would have to play 213 hours.

At four hours a night that would be 53 days.

And that is winning EVERY game you play, and getting 5000 points.

At 2500 points a game, which is more reasonable...

That is 426 hours, or 106 days.

Again winning EVERY game you play, and getting 2500 points.

Problem is unlike Halo 3, this game doesn't match based on region, so if you want to boost you need to do it late at night and hope that you get matched with someone who does.

Realistically, this will take you about 6 to 8 months.

x0Shinydemon0x 02-16-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robeyone (Post 1610336)
Well that average game gets you maybe 2500 points, but let's be generous and say you get 5000 points instead.

So you need 3.2 million points to reach the level of general. That means you need 640 games at 5000 points to reach that level.

At 20 minutes a game, that would be short for 5000 points, you would have to play 213 hours.

Problem is unlike Halo 3, this game doesn't match based on region, so if you want to boost you need to do it late at night and hope that you get matched with someone who does.

thx, i didnt kno how many points u needed. so...how DID u get the game already??

Ketama Gold 02-18-2009 08:51 AM

me likey!!!

General Khazard 02-18-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x0Shinydemon0x (Post 1613528)
thx, i didnt kno how many points u needed. so...how DID u get the game already??

EDIT: He works for MGS, confused him with someone else before. =P

Jumnious 02-18-2009 07:02 PM

Think it will be possible to get all campaign achievements doing one co-op campaign play through?

Webb 02-18-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Khazard (Post 1620157)
He got a promotional copy of it early for reviewing purposes.

Or he was part of the Halo Wars team *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

x0Shinydemon0x 02-19-2009 01:57 AM

ahhh...there was a guy on the Halo Wars site who won it on a contest, so he started a thread....cool beans
gratz on getting it early

AnimeCommander 02-20-2009 07:31 PM

My only concern is the online achievements look to take longer than I'm willing to take. If Robeyone's numbers are accurate, then I'm screwed as I really don't like playing RTSs online on the 360. I'm hoping for a good boosting method to minimize the time put in.

x0Shinydemon0x 02-21-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robeyone (Post 1610336)

says the person who alrdy has 50/50 on this game....

Bubba Brad 02-21-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x0Shinydemon0x (Post 1630474)
says the person who alrdy has 50/50 on this game....

In another thread he clearly says that he was a tester for the game and its achievements in order to clarify that they are all achievable and work (i.e. no bugs/glitches etc) so I guess he was required to get all the achievements for his job. Someone else also had the idea that he may have been linking two copies of the game online to boost the points quicker as it was achieved in a astoundingly quick time. Hope this clears up that an slows some queries for a while at least.

AnimeCommander 02-21-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Brad (Post 1630571)
In another thread he clearly says that he was a tester for the game and its achievements in order to clarify that they are all achievable and work (i.e. no bugs/glitches etc) so I guess he was required to get all the achievements for his job. Someone else also had the idea that he may have been linking two copies of the game online to boost the points quicker as it was achieved in a astoundingly quick time. Hope this clears up that an slows some queries for a while at least.

If he was a tester, then I'm sure they could have just given him whatever online status so that he only had to do the actual mark to unlock the achievement and not all the work up to that point.

And: "Problem is unlike Halo 3, this game doesn't match based on region, so if you want to boost you need to do it late at night and hope that you get matched with someone who does."

The other RTSs out there let you search for certain game criteria and let the host kick people. So you can setup a game that has few players online and have the host keep kicking until they get the partner. Now if they pulled hosting ranked matches, then yea, we're in trouble.

General Khazard 02-21-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeCommander (Post 1632888)
If he was a tester, then I'm sure they could have just given him whatever online status so that he only had to do the actual mark to unlock the achievement and not all the work up to that point.

Except that would only prove that it unlocks under those conditions, and not if someone did all the work to get it. For all they knew there was a glitch where it unlocked early, or a glitch where experience stopped growing after you hit 1mil or something along those lines.

ZundayXx 02-21-2009 10:15 PM

I wonder why Ensembles put such a ranking system in...

x0Shinydemon0x 02-21-2009 11:58 PM

how do u get "Beaming With Pride? because Scarabs aren't jackable...