XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1425)
-   -   Glitch Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242360)

StayonTarget 07-07-2010 06:30 PM

Glitch Discussion
 
I've noticed that around half the posts on this game are about glitches and how to solve them. I figured it'd be good to keep them all in one place. Post your problems and lets hope we can solve them.

Here is a link to another Glitch Discussion thread on gamefaqs.com.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96049...s-1-4/55523165

BorisFR 07-07-2010 07:15 PM

Hello. Me, missing one SIP in Hogwarts.
I take screenshots of the 26 existing, in case I'm wrong in the location.
Here : http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=242140

StayonTarget 07-07-2010 07:56 PM

There are 26 in Hogwarts and 24 in the levels. Make sure you have all of the ones in the levels.

jelwez 07-07-2010 08:19 PM

help missing gold brick in the clock tower ive done the puzzle and put the cog in the clock and its moving and there is nothing left to do in the room what do i do?

marblesetter 07-07-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelwez (Post 3279401)
help missing gold brick in the clock tower ive done the puzzle and put the cog in the clock and its moving and there is nothing left to do in the room what do i do?

Start a new game. or wait for a patch which i doubt will come.

jelwez 07-07-2010 09:25 PM

we have 199/200 and 98% and the only solution is to start again???? TT suck!!!!

tgyo99 07-07-2010 09:31 PM

First off, Pavarti Patil character token I picked up while going through the game... I hit the four books around the classroom and got the token. However, when I go back there to the DATDA classroom and have the indicator on, it shows the arrow saying I haven't got it....

Secondly, I'm missing one gold brick... When I leave the Leaky Cauldron into Diagon Alley the detector points an arrow to the left.... where your not able to go.... When I go into eeylops owl emporium the detector points next to the shopkeep.. I already have made the sweeper and got the gold brick that pops next to the shopkeep... I know theres a glitch where the brick is invisible but I've ran all around the detector and the glod brick doesn't pop....

Anyone have any suggestions on these??:confused:

StayonTarget 07-07-2010 09:42 PM

Did you get the one in the shop for cleaning all the dust on the floor with the broom thing.

BTW, I'm going to see if I can get this stickied.

flipdog666 07-07-2010 09:56 PM

I am also only missing the one Gold brick in the owl emporium swept the floor for about 10 minutes ran around the indicator but still not a damn thing. I hope there is a way around this glitch. Please offer any assistance you may have.

marblesetter 07-07-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelwez (Post 3279694)
we have 199/200 and 98% and the only solution is to start again???? TT suck!!!!

Me and a few others where also in the same boat, had to start again

pX I Atticus 07-07-2010 10:43 PM

great now im super worryed about this game glitching on me now :( if it does im blaming u lot :p

tgyo99 07-07-2010 11:57 PM

Yeah... I made the sweeper and swept the dust and picked up the gold brick, but its still saying I need that one even though I got it...

StayonTarget 07-08-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pX I Atticus (Post 3279936)
great now im super worryed about this game glitching on me now :( if it does im blaming u lot :p

Oh gee. Thanks. :P Really though, half of us don't have a problem but half the posts on the Lego Harry Potter game are about glitches.

pX I Atticus 07-08-2010 10:22 PM

think this thread need a bump loads of threads have just popped up about glitches :p

StayonTarget 07-09-2010 03:26 AM

I want to try to keep this higher up on the first page so people will post here instead of everywhere. I can't find that last SIP I need. :P

Venefikus 07-09-2010 04:03 PM

Anyone else having a problem trying to lumos the plant holding the barrel in the right charms basement? thats my last gold brick :'(

monkeydivin 07-09-2010 04:06 PM

Problems
 
any1 have problems with getting achievments and then they glitch so u cant do it again if it goes wrong

StayonTarget 07-09-2010 11:36 PM

Well if you play with a second player signed into an account there may be problems. But besides that the only ones that may have problems are the 100% ones for gold bricks and the game. Some gold bricks are glitched.

Mserabian 07-10-2010 01:00 PM

I am having the glitch in the Owl Shop with the gold brick. It is the last thing I need other than voldemort. I know that you need the sweeper, but I made a fatal mistake of building the sweeper and not using it, before I realized what the sweepers were for. Now the sweepers have disappeared. Is there really no way to get them back? I am not starting a new game at 98.8%. Any help would be appreciated.

RadiantViper 07-10-2010 01:36 PM

I link to this in my guide but I thought I'd mention it here as well. There's a nice thread on GameFAQs that has a briefing on a bunch of the glitches. For most there's only preventitive measures (as in, you'll have to restart if you already got the glitch). But still, it's great to know how to avoid some of these problems.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96049...s-1-4/55523165

mangajunky 07-10-2010 04:38 PM

I just completed the game with 100% on everything.
I have all 200 gold bricks and the achievement failed to unlock.

I guess I'm playing it again from scratch.

StayonTarget 07-10-2010 08:48 PM

My only suggestion would be to try playing a level and see if it unlocks then. Anyone else have a suggestion?

And to RadiantViper, I'll put that link in my original post on this thread.

BevoTheWarrior 07-10-2010 11:25 PM

I've got a question about a potential glitch I don't see mentioned: unlocking a student in peril in Hogwarts. I've seen people asking about their last SIP and then they end up finding it but I've used the location guide and I went through every single location twice in one sitting and I've got every one of them. I did come across two anomalies, however. The first one is the SIP under the right side of the Charms classroom - he's no longer held by the Devil's Snare but he's just standing there without moving. The second one is the SIP in the boys bathroom - as soon as I walk into the bathroom, the victory music from freeing a SIP plays but he's already freed. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone have any theories as to how I can fix this without having to play the entire game over again?

RadiantViper 07-11-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevoTheWarrior (Post 3290131)
I've got a question about a potential glitch I don't see mentioned: unlocking a student in peril in Hogwarts. I've seen people asking about their last SIP and then they end up finding it but I've used the location guide and I went through every single location twice in one sitting and I've got every one of them. I did come across two anomalies, however. The first one is the SIP under the right side of the Charms classroom - he's no longer held by the Devil's Snare but he's just standing there without moving. The second one is the SIP in the boys bathroom - as soon as I walk into the bathroom, the victory music from freeing a SIP plays but he's already freed. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone have any theories as to how I can fix this without having to play the entire game over again?

I had the second glitch you mentioned, it didn't affect me getting 100%. Maybe try just messing around with the SIP in the first case? The one that people have a lot of problems with is the one in the Second Herbology Room, have you had any problems with that one?

ekblad 07-11-2010 12:24 PM

I found all my red bricks, gold bricks and SIP's - I only got the ones left in Charms Underground Area Left (the glitchy room).

I need to go down there but I'm seriously afraid of getting trapped in there. What should I do?

Down there I need to get my 20th red brick, my 50th SIP and my 199th and 200th gold brick.

RadiantViper 07-11-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekblad (Post 3291554)
I found all my red bricks, gold bricks and SIP's - I only got the ones left in Charms Underground Area Left (the glitchy room).

I need to go down there but I'm seriously afraid of getting trapped in there. What should I do?

Down there I need to get my 20th red brick, my 50th SIP and my 199th and 200th gold brick.

I've heard of a possible way to avoid it - don't try to leave (as in, don't try to jump on the dragon statue) if your game is auto-saving (Harry's head is in the left corner).

I never got to try this myself, but someone tested this several times and it seemed to work.

True Marvellous 07-11-2010 12:34 PM

Anyone found a work around for the clock tower glitch, I knew about it and have made a back up save at various points one right at the 1st opportunity to get it and it still wont appear for me.

ekblad 07-11-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadiantViper (Post 3291563)
I've heard of a possible way to avoid it - don't try to leave (as in, don't try to jump on the dragon statue) if your game is auto-saving (Harry's head is in the left corner).

I never got to try this myself, but someone tested this several times and it seemed to work.

All right thanks. Just one last question.

Is it possible to get stuck down there and not be able to get all the collectibles down there?

I followed your guide so, basically everything I need is down there.

True: that happened to me and I just went to the dashboard and started the game right back up and collected it.

RadiantViper 07-11-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekblad (Post 3291590)
All right thanks. Just one last question.

Is it possible to get stuck down there and not be able to get all the collectibles down there?

I followed your guide so, basically everything I need is down there.

True: that happened to me and I just went to the dashboard and started the game right back up and collected it.

You get a gold brick for leaving the area using the dragon. So suppose you wouldn't be able to get everything if you get stuck.

Try this as well: Don't pick up anything in the room, go straight to fixing the dragon and let it throw you up. If it glitches, dashboard and you shouldn't be stuck in the room since you didn't auto-save. If it works, you'll get the gold brick and you can go back down, so you shouldn't have any problems getting all the collectibles.

Hope this works, it should but I apologize if something goes wrong, these are all just theories based on other people's experiences.

ekblad 07-11-2010 01:28 PM

It worked well. Thanks a lot for the advice.

I didn't get stuck when I went for the gold brick - I got it then I went down for the red brick, the token and the SIP. I used Tom Riddle if that does matter. When I had collected the remaining stuff i jumped on to the dragons head and flew out the hatch. No problems.

I'm glad it's over I just think TT should put a little more time into fixing things seeing as unhappy customers and developers never goes well together.

Also, thanks for the collectible guide! :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.