XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halo 3: ODST (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1179)
-   -   Legendary...that hard? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250644)

qoob 08-10-2010 07:59 PM

Legendary...that hard?

Hey guys! I started the campaign on legendary...Is this game really that hard on Legendary? I mean i played COD on Veteran..peace o' cake...but this game?
Can you give me some advice?

Is the online coop only for friends?

Lord Terrax XII 08-10-2010 11:42 PM

It's not terribly difficult on legendary solo, it's certainly easier than halo 3's legendary but I would suggest doing it with a partner, simply because it goes from being a hassle to being a piece of cake when you have a partner.

DayV3d 08-11-2010 12:04 AM

cod:mw2 was laughably easy on veteran, due to the fact that you almost always had some invincible sidekick by your side.
halos legendary is harder, yet pretty easy in coop. however, i never really gave it a try besides on or two levels where i died gazillion of times :(

bblcreator8790 08-11-2010 02:25 AM

I thought this game would be more difficult than Halo 3 on Legendary at first, but I quickly found out that it is actually much easier than Halo 3 on Legendary. The only level I had trouble on was the last, and that's because the AI can't shoot worth a damn with the normal Warthog.

KNIGHTOFSERA 08-11-2010 02:27 AM

Just get a partner....it makes things so much easier

I mean once you do that its pretty much laughably easy

But if you cant it is definitely doable, the problem you might have with this is there is a health and shield system.....while in COD or halo 3 its all regenerative stuff...so be mindful of that

qoob 08-11-2010 05:22 AM

Maybe I just have to figure it out...and i'll try to find some partner in the looking for group thread.

Thank you guys

MixMaker1 08-11-2010 09:04 AM

I did it in SP my first play-through. Some parts that took me 20 minutes to get past took me 2 with a partner. Definitely play through with a partner. I also found it to be easier than Halo 3 legendary (then again, there is no flood either!).

Fun game all the way around.

qoob 08-11-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMaker1 (Post 3396257)
Definitely play through with a partner. I also found it to be easier than Halo 3 legendary (then again, there is no flood either!).

Yeah i believe you...my problem ist I don't have a partner for the campaign..:(

bongbong03 08-14-2010 03:27 PM

I just beat it on Legendary. It is relatively easy imo.

RAIDERJUNKIE 08-14-2010 08:53 PM

I didn't think Legendary was too bad, I've completed it solo once and probably like 7 times with my buddies on system link. Its way easy when theres four of you, you can all just charge an area and clean it out pretty fast, just grab some friends and you'll get it easy

Spanish Assault 08-15-2010 12:47 AM

very easy with friends...do it co-op.

StW 08-15-2010 03:27 PM

Legendary is not to hard, you can solo it.

oli90 08-15-2010 04:16 PM

I left a second controller plugged in so I could respawn and it was pretty easy.

Ibiki Morino 08-16-2010 01:10 PM

I found it not too hard to beat on legendary you just got to keep at it and you will get it done.

mchannon37 08-16-2010 03:40 PM

I think you can do the campaign solo on Legendary, there are really only a handful of parts that are really tough, not nearly as many as Halo 3. Just take your time, remember where the health is, and you'll be fine. You'll feel more accomplished if you do it alone, it's almost laughably easy with a friend.

mikemc 08-16-2010 03:51 PM

it wasn't hard at all playing coop...

Kunduz 08-16-2010 04:43 PM

No, not really just get a partner and it should be a breeze. If you just sneak around it's quite easy solo.

LibertyCap89 08-17-2010 08:10 PM

I've just most of the game (apart from last 2 levels so far) on solo legendary by myself, it wasn't too hard I guess. Much quicker and easier with others though.

slimkay 08-19-2010 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibertyCap89 (Post 3416448)
I've just most of the game (apart from last 2 levels so far) on solo legendary by myself, it wasn't too hard I guess. Much quicker and easier with others though.

If you want some help with some levels, I'd be happy to help.

wet_Drip 08-22-2010 10:45 PM

looking to compete all levels on ledgenary add me if intrested

Annihil88torr 08-26-2010 01:47 AM

If anyone is willing to help me out with legendary

N0tY0uAgain 08-26-2010 01:49 PM

I'm up for it

Just set up a time

Lord Nikecon 08-27-2010 12:33 PM

Legendary was the easiest thing I've played in ages. Though I was doing it co-op, was our first play through. If you play halo 3, ODST is easy. If not, might be a challenge.

Venomized 08-27-2010 10:49 PM

This legendary is by far the easiest out of all the Halo's

echX 09-28-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihil88torr (Post 3443406)
If anyone is willing to help me out with legendary

Quote:

Originally Posted by wet_Drip (Post 3432857)
looking to compete all levels on ledgenary add me if intrested

Quote:

Originally Posted by qoob (Post 3396264)
Yeah i believe you...my problem ist I don't have a partner for the campaign..:(

My tag is Newbie Kenobi, add me and I'll join for ODST Legendary when I'm on and available. Put ODST in the Friends request ^^

Btw, you don't have to do the mission in the correct order right? You just have to complete all the levels in any order but on Legendary difficulty?

PSI Hypersonic 09-28-2010 08:27 PM

Doesn't feel that hard, but as some have said: way easier/fun with friends. That said, I'm trying to do the last two levels(Data Hive and Coastal Highway) in ODST on Legendary. If anyone could help/if I could join a game where we get those levels done, it'd be smashing. GT: PSI Hypersonic

Could do solo, but more fun in co-op. :)

Garza 09-30-2010 02:40 PM

I just finished ODST on legendary today and Reach a few days before.

I've got to say ... ODST was a TAD harder. Why?

- Jackals with rifles/sniper
- Team mate AI is sooooo crap. Especially during vehicles sequences and im in the warthog. I had the AI 'female' with me in the car and they couldn't shoot for jack, I though it was similar to women drivers (im kidding to all the women out there). BUT Buck was even worse on the last stage.....

Scotty 10-02-2010 09:25 PM

i must be missing something here everyones saying how easy it is on legendary and heres me, i gave up on this game on i think the second mission on normal difficulty, i dont get it, i completed halo 3 on legendary with a coop partner but this is for me for some reason is too hard. oh well.:confused:

Ackis 10-05-2010 04:58 PM

Which is harder between the three xbox games: Halo 3, ODST or Reach?

echX 10-10-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottttocs (Post 3573719)
i must be missing something here everyones saying how easy it is on legendary and heres me, i gave up on this game on i think the second mission on normal difficulty, i dont get it, i completed halo 3 on legendary with a coop partner but this is for me for some reason is too hard. oh well.:confused:

I would personally like to say that ODST requires a slightly different type of gaming style. An ODST trooper does not have shields or the surgically nor genetically augumentations that of a Spartan soldier. You have to look for health regen stations, healthpacks and use cover more effectively. What I liked so much with ODST is how you got to play from all the different angles of all the teammembers.

ODST also called for a more of a "cloak and dagger" kind of gaming style with sneaking, assassination and silencers. Master Chief runs more of an all out explosion show in his superior battle armor :) :uzi:

I have so far played Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST and can't really say that any of them is hard. All completed on Normal mode solo, but Legendary Co-op in Halo 3 and ODS is almost easier that Normal solo.