Tech Orb Guide
GUIDE IS 100% COMPLETE!
Collecting all Tech Orbs (Tech Curator) will be the hardest achievement in the game. It may cause you to replay levels several times. Look in Chapter Select in the Main Menu to see what percentage of Orbs you have collected in each level. Levels have various numbers of Orbs; just because gaining 1 Orb in one level gives you 1%, it doesn't mean each Orb is worth 1%. Sometimes you may grab one and it will give you even more percentage. Collecting Orbs from defeated enemies DO NOT count for the 100% in each level, only the Orbs found in the environment DO count.
Particularly hard to find Orbs are marked in BOLD.
NOTE: If you die before you hit a checkpoint, the Orbs you've picked up may not be saved, so you have to back track to pick them up again, and sometimes that may not be possible because the way back is inaccessible. So you'll have to replay the Chapter to get to them again. (thx to spamfilter)
***There are no Orbs in this chapter.***
- After you have picked up the Health Pack, there are 2 single Orbs clearly visible to your right.
- Go up the stairs here to find 4 more.
- You can jump up somewhere here again to find a platforming section with a single Orb in the middle and a 3-Orb-cluster and a 8-Orb-cluster at the end of it.
- Jump up the platform left of Trip before talking to her. There is a 3 Orb-cluster. Left of the 3 Orbs still on the platform is also a 8-Orb-cluster.
- After jumping to the other side of the bridge, there is 1 single Orb to the left of the bridge.
- After lowering the bridge, fighting two mechs and lifting some debris out of the way, there is 1 single Orb next to the next Health Pack.
- After the "Tell me what your plan is"-cutscene, go back to the last area and there is a 3 Orb-cluster to the left behind some plants.
- Back in the new area, there are 2 single Orbs lying around to your left.
- And 6 single Orbs to your right behind some car wrecks.
- After fighting five more robots and the "You need to do as I say"-cutscene, there are 2 single Orbs inside the containers, 1 single Orb in the big tube and 4 single Orbs around a lamp pole.
- And next to the pole under a bridge there are 2 single Orbs, two 3 Orb-clusters and next to them behind a roadblock another single Orb.
- Go to your target marker and there's a single Orb lying around next to it before you jump up.
- Jump up to find a clearly visible single Orb.
- Right before lifting the second block of debris, turn around 180° to see a lot of Orbs on a platform behind you. Go and get them. (thanks to spamfilter - those might be the hardest to find Orbs in the whole game)
- After lifting the debris and fighting two mechs, there are 3 single Orbs scattered in the small area before going through the door.
- At the two mechs with laser detectors, there's a single Orb at the beginning of the area and another single Orb under the stairs.
- After Trip has created a Decoy and you're running across, stop at the middle of the path and jump up to the platform via some poles. There are 2 single Orbs and a 8-Orb-clusters up there. Call for another Decoy and jump back down.
- Reaching the door at your target location, distract the mechs, call Trip and go down the stairs to find a Health Pack and 2 single Orbs.
- Jumping down from the Health Pack after calling for another Decoy, there are 5 single Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster lying around.
- Call for another Decoy, jump across the beams and you find another single Orb in the middle of the platforming part.
- Kill the two mechs and there are 2 single Orbs lying around next to the second mech.
- Go through the hacked door, jump down the railing and find 2 single Orbs.
- Lift another debris and scout the area for 13 single Orbs on the ground.
- During the dragonfly catch sequence, you find 3 single Orbs on a big platform on the main path.
- Shortly after, on a red branch, don't follow the main path but jump to the right on another platform to find a 3-Orb-cluster.
- After "No no not yet" jump down catch the dragonfly and backtrack a bit to find another single Orb before jumping down again to Trip.
- Carry Trip through the first set of mines and find 2 or 3 single Orbs on the platforms.
- At the second set of mines, there are 4 single Orbs and an 8-Orb-cluster scattered around.
- After "We have a problem", there are 2 single Orbs right at the beginning of the area.
- Park Trip on the first platform, run back behind the big car wreck and follow the poles to jump up to the big bridge. Collect a whole bunch of single Orbs, a 3-Orb-cluster and an 8-Orb-cluster here.
- And 9 more single Orbs before throwing Trip up the ledge and 4 more after (robot attacks).
- Jump up the boxes and the truck to find 2 single Orbs and an 8-Orb-cluster.
- Go back to the big platform and find a single Orb on it - Trip calls for help.
- At the end of her platform, there's another single Orb.
- While Trip is distracting the robot, there's a single Orb on the ground before starting the platforming sequence.
- At the sneak sequence, there are 2 single Orbs next to the first robot.
- Use the poles to jump to another platform with 2 single Orbs on it.
- On the other side you can see a 3-Orb-cluster and 2 single Orbs under a bridge.
- Jump down to the next area and search for 4 single Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster.
- Jump over the truck and find 3 single Orbs on the next big platform.
- After killing the turret and rescuing Trip, there are 6 single Orbs in the next area on the ground and 4 more before the next cutscene.
- Find 4 more single Orbs on the way to the turret you need to capture.
- Scout the area to find 12 single Orbs before helping Trip across.
- Before jumping into the hole, collect 5 more single Orbs.
- After jumping down, collect 9 more before jumping down again.
- Jump down, collect 2 more, jump down again.
- In the area with the aquarium and the Demolisher, run around and collect all the orbs before beating him and advancing to the next chapter.
- At the start turn around and find 4 single Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster behind you.
- Moving on there is a single Orb and a 3-Orb-cluster behind a car wreck.
- Enter the building to your right and collect 16 single Orbs and four 3-Orb-clusters on the ground.
- Still inside, look up till you see staff ammunition and find the spot where you can climb up there for an 8-Orb-cluster.
- Go outside and collect a total of 8 single Orbs lying around next to the building before and in between the road blocks.
- Find one more single Orb on the balcony above the robots and 2 single Orbs next to the robot on the ground.
- After killing the robots, enter the damaged container to your left to find 6 Orbs. 2 more are right behind the container.
- Lift the car, enter the next area and find a clearly visible single Orb on the ground.
- Help Trip up and collect 2 single Orbs in the middle of the section and 2 more when you go all the way up.
- Collect some more scattered Orbs in the somewhat bigger area where you find the Health Replenisher and jump over a roadblock to find 5 of them behind a wall.
- Jump to the next area, collect your first Mask (cutscene) and move on a bit to find a single Orb a bit hidden in a plant right before you climb up a ladder.
- Climb up the ladder and scout the second floor of the building for 5 single Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster.
- After discovering the shield mechs, there's a single Orb next to the box on your right and a 3-Orb-cluster right behind the box where Trip is hiding.
- Kill the shield mechs and explore the building for some single Orbs. While jumping around the beams behind the robots, pan the camera and look for staff ammunition, there is a 3-Orb-cluster located on a balcony to the right of it. Next to it is a Health Pickup.
- Moving on to your target location, jump across the beam, collect 2 single Orbs, jump down and collect another Orb. This last Orb apparently can be glitched. Try to walk close to the hole before Trip crawls through or jump on top of it on the other side. Might take a few tries. (thanks to Omatsei)
- Go through the door and collect all the Orbs on the ground. When encountering the next group of mechs, turn around and find a way up. Some more single Orbs, an 8-Orb-cluster and some staff ammo are waiting for you.
- The next part was too hectic to count Orbs. Just kill the mechs and turret, advance with Trip and collect every Orb you come across until she has hacked the door.
- While standing on the beam that leads to the turret, turn right 90°, jump to another beam and to a platform to find 3 single Orbs.
- Enter the building and find a single Orb next to Trip.
- After jumping down from the staircase, collect some more single Orbs around the mask.
- Jump down again and collect 4 Orbs on the next floor.
- After the next cutscene, find 3 Orbs on your left and 4 more when jumping down.
- You have to decide between the left and right area to jump down. The right side (while facing the mechs) has a crate that lets you climb back up, so collect them first. (thanks to Omatsei & demi)
- Then jump down again, kill all the mechs and collect all the Orbs in the area before killing the Demolisher and therefore finishing the level.
- From the start, collect 11 single Orbs scattered on the ground.
- Climb up and to the left, next to the first Mask is a 3-Orb-cluster.
- Climb back and to the right, collecting a clearly visible single Orb as you reach a bigger platform.
- Kill the electro mech and go back outside. 3 Orbs are on a platform to your right. From there keep moving upwards and find 3 Orbs again on the right and another 3 on your left.
Chapter 4: (continued)
- Go back on your main path. As soon as you re-enter the building, there are 2 single Orbs on the ground.
- Jump down and avoid the mechs. Behind you are 3 single Orbs next to a window. 3 more are on the left from where you dropped down. Move around cover, there are 3 more in front of you to the left and some more scattered on your right.
- Jump to the pipe and climb up, there are some more single Orbs before you destroy the first mech.
- Go up the stairs and find a single Orb next to the red "R" on the wall and 3 more on your path before the next Mask. From the Mask, turn around and find a 3-Orb-cluster behind you. After the Mas, turn left and collect 2 more single Orbs. 2 additional ones are in front of you when you turn around.
- Continue upwards via the beams and collect 3 single Orbs around the stun ammunition. Go up the stairs and collect 4 single Orbs in the area.
- Drop down the ladder after abusing the crane to find a single Orb.
- Continue back down and collect some single Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster near the Health Vial.
- Jump down once, collect 3 single Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster, jump down again and after Trip's call for help, jump up and collect the Orbs in front of you and on the platform behind you.
- Jump back down and over a road block behind you to find 3 single Orbs and an 8-Orb-cluster. Back on the main path, there are 2 single Orbs before leaving the building.
- Run into the camera to collect another Orb. Along the building are 2 other single Orbs before fighting the dog mech.
- From the start of the chase scene keep to the right, a 3-Orb-cluster will appear there.
- Inside the building, collect 9 single Orbs before throwing Trip up.
- Jump up and collect 3 Orbs on the middle chandelier before continuing with the platforming section.
- When you jump down in a destroyed red corridor, turn around and collect 3 single Orbs behind you.
- In the big hall, collect a total of 9 single Orbs and three 3-Orb-clusters scattered around on the ground floor. One of the clusters is hidden to the left of the coulisse.
- There's an Orb next to your target location (interaction symbol).
- Collect the third mask, align the beams so that they're all the same height below you and collect the 8-Orb-cluster opposite of where you're supposed to go.
- Collect 2 single Orbs on the platform where you start, jump to the next and find another one.
- The next part is not so cool as there are like a million Orbs scattered around and Trip likes to kill you if you go too far away from her. Try to collect all Orbs that are accessible for you when riding on your cloud. Common places for Orbs are below bridges and on islands and some platforms. Also some are next to the 1st Mask.
- Blow up the yellow tank on the half-sunken ship on the left with Plasma to find three 8-Orb-clusters.
- Double-check everything before lifting the block for Trip and advancing to the next area and finding 2 single Orbs right in front of you. Make sure that you have really collected all Orbs in this small room before going out the door. (thanks to spamfilter)
- After throwing Trip up two times, grab the handle above you on the red platforms and jump up for 3 single Orbs. Next to the 2nd Mask are some more Orbs.
- From the Mask, go back to the chair and onto the main path along the beams. There's a single Orb on the first beam.
- When you have to carry Trip, collect 4 single Orbs at the end of the platforming section.
- Jump down from the containers and collect 4 Orbs.
- Before fighting the mechs, search for 3 single Orbs on the ground. Fight the mechs to your left and collect 5 more. Fight the ones in front of you and collect all Orbs.
- Jump up the container and collect 3 single Orbs around the Health Vial.
- Throw Trip over the gap and scout the area for 2 single Orbs before fighting the 2 gun mechs in front of you. There's another after passing the destroyed wagon and a 3-Orb-cluster is hidden in a big pipe further ahead. Next that pipe, jump over to the area where the gun mechs were before and collect 6 more single Orbs near the plasma ammo.
- Back on the main path, collect 4 single Orbs next to another plasma ammo pickup before Trip crawls through a hole.
- During the following platforming section, you will automatically collect one single Orb. Collect 3 more after jumping down from the container. 1 single Orb and a 3-Orb cluster are on the next platform with the white car.
- When the turret is firing at you, collect all Orbs while advancing towards it. 3 are hidden in a narrow passage below it. Take out the turret and go all the way back Trip's path to collect some on the way and 3 more at the end.
- Before lifting the block, there are 2 Orbs behind a car directly behind Trip.
- After Trip has discovered the Turrets and the functioning Vehicle, jump over the road block to your right to find some single Orbs and backtrack a bit to enter the big red container and find an 8-Orb-cluster inside. In front of the small box next to the roadblock is another Orb.
- Move yourself and Trip to the next cover and look for an Orb behind you.
- The next part will kill you. Literally. Trip drives the car like a maniac and you need to collect all Orbs on your way while the turrets are raping you. Good luck.
- Fighting the dog mech, fly around and collect all Orbs before killing it and thus advancing to the next Chapter. Double-check the ground floor and all of the platforms.
- From the start, turn around and collect 4 single Orbs around the motorcycle. Right and left of the bridge are 2 additional ones and next to the electric fence on that bridge is a 3-Orb-cluster.
- Follow Trip over the other bridge and collect a single Orb on the way.
- Jump over the branches and collect 3 single Orbs on the other side and near the bridge.
- Do not lower the bridge for Trip yet. Instead, walk over it and jump up to a rope to find a single Orb and the first Mask of the level.
- Collect the few Orbs at the bridge "puzzle" and throw Trip up.
- After falling down and climbing back up, collect a single Orb next to the next bridge.
- Lower the bridge and find another Orb on the other side.
- Back on the other side, collect 3 single Orbs above Trip.
- Collect 5 single Orbs before entering the watchtower and about 8 on the first island after exiting while fighting the mechs.
- Jump to the next to find 6 more, 4 on the third island and one after the short platforming section.
- After fighting the huge wave of mechs, collect 6 single Orbs near the Health Pickups and Stun Ammo.
- Use the gate to find 2 single Orbs behind it. Complete the short platforming section, fight the mechs and collect all Orbs that are scattered around.
- Jump up 1 floor of the building and collect 2 single Orbs, one on each side. Jump up once more to finish the chapter.
- From the start, collect all Orbs on the first island. Look behind the red couch opposite of the climbing pole for 2 single Orbs.
- Follow the Mask guide to the first Mask and collect some single Orbs around it. (If you have been following the guide from the start, you will get the "Tech Collector" achievement around here.)
- Jump up to the next platform and collect 2 Orbs while the gun mech is shooting at you. Collect a single Orb next to the Stun Ammo while you make your way to the gun mech. Kill it, jump down and collect 11 single Orbs that are scattered over the area. Climb up the huts, kill the 2 gun mechs and follow the path to find 2 single Orbs before jumping down.
- Jump down and find 2 single Orbs to your left and 2 single Orbs plus a 3-Orb-cluster to your right.
- Collect a single Orb between the road blocks and 2 single Orbs next to the Health Pickup.
- Follow the beams upward to find 6 single Orbs near another Health Pickup on the next platform.
- Kill the 2 gun mechs, jump to the Plasma Ammo and collect 2 single Orbs next to it. Jump down, kill the other mechs and collect all Orbs on the ground. Jump to the pipe on the hut and collect 2 single Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster on the roofs. Now shoot the barricade and open the door.
- Collect 2 single Orbs before jumping over the branches.
- 4 mechs will attack you, kill them and collect all Orbs on the ground.
- Jump the pipe on the hut and collect 2 single Orbs on the next island.
- You'll see a cutscene that shows you falling off a platform and you'll enter a bigger village area. Kill all mechs first. Then collect all Orbs that are scattered on the ground near the huts. Follow the Mask guide to the next mask. Find the first pipe you can climb (the camera will pan) and collect a single Orb and a 3-Orb-cluster up there. Find the second pipe where you can climb up (left of the gate) and collect 5 single Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster there. Go back to the start where you climbed up here, pan the camera and jump across the beams to find a 3-Orb-cluster on a roof next to a Health Pickup. Jump to another roof to find a single Orb in plain sight and an 8-Orb-cluster hidden around the corner. Double-check everything before you leave the area via the gate.
- Kill the 2 mechs and collect all Orbs here before leaving through the next gate.
- Find a single Orb next to the Health Pickup. Go through the doorway to start a battle with a lot of mechs around a huge pole. Kill them all. Now carefully search each inch of this area for Orbs. Some of them blend in with the background so look closely. Double-check everything before you open the gate for Trip and finish the chapter.
- You're in the same area as before but there are new Orbs scattered around. Only go as far with Trip until you can walk faster and then collect them all. There are some clusters and some single ones. Also go through the door you opened for Trip before and collect the Orbs and the first Mask there as well. If you approach Trip, you will leave this area. But you will come back later if you missed anything, so don't worry.
- Collect 4 single Orbs at the start of the new area before the climbing section underneath the electric fences.
- Jump down to Trip and collect 3 single Orbs. Pan the camera and look for Plasma Ammo, there's a single Orb next to it. Jump around to the switch and collect a single Orb there. Climb the ladder to find another Orb. Throw Trip up and jump over there to collect some more Orbs and continue platforming to the next cutscene.
- Scout the area and collect all Orbs. There's a 3-Orb-cluster right next to the fenced robot and a lot of others around the windmill tower on the ground. 2 are hidden behind a stone behind the windmill.
- Start climbing the stairs and collect 3 single Orbs next to Trip. Climb all the way to the top of the windmill, collect 1 Orb, pan the camera until you see a Health Pickup and run over there to find a 3-Orb-cluster next to it.
- Drop the sail, get to the platform below the second Mask and collect a single Orb.
- Use the windmill poles to reach the red platform on the right and collect another Orb up there. Finish the puzzle, kill all mechs and go through the door.
- Kill the dog mech and go through the security door to finish the chapter.
- At the start, turn monkey around 180° and collect 2 single Orbs. Explore the starting platform and collect another 4 single Orbs near the first Mask.
- Follow the main path and collect 4 single Orbs on the way. Turn left at the intersection (Trip goes right) to find 2 Orbs. Back on the main path, collect 6 more before you see the mechs (cutscene).
- One is behind Trip, one more around the orange rock corner and from there one more down towards the robots.
- Kill the mechs. Find one Orb on the first platform and another in the water right before it (use the cloud). Jump over to the other side and collect all Orbs on the water level and next to the robots on the small islands (I counted 22) before going up the ramps. Go up the ramp all the way in the back of the area, kill the robot and collect all Orbs around the Health Pickup. Collect 2 more Orbs near the switch on the middle ramp. Some Orbs blend in with the background, so search carefully. Double-check everything before you pull the switch and follow Trip to the boat.
- In the boat area, collect 5 single Orbs around the starting platform. Kill the mechs, destroy the arm and help Trip BEFORE you explore the area with your cloud. Now collect 8 Orbs in the water and don't go too far or Trip will kill you. Collect 12 Orbs on the platform with the boat and following it around to the right. Collect 5 Orbs on the platform left of the boat near the Health Pickup. Double-check everything before you get on the boat.
- Get off the boat and find 2 Orbs next to the switch.
- Get off the boat again and thoroughly explore this new area while also killing all mechs and the 2 turrets. Beware of the mines and double-check everything before you get back on the boat. There's a group of 3 mechs in this area that will wake up if you pass by. There's an Orb to the left of them in front of the wall next to the ramp and I'm 99% sure that it is also glitched. I checked this area 9 times and it wasn't there. When I checked for the 10th time, it suddenly appeared.
- After the second Mask the dog chase will start. There are a lot of Orbs scattered around in this scene, which will most likely cause you to having to replay the chapter several times. About 4 are on the 2nd ramp on the left (you need to time your jump), 4 others are in the middle of the right path when the path splits up and 3-4 are located along the wall to the right at the beginning of the tunnel at the end. After the dog chase, you'll finish the chapter.
- Collect a single Orb on the starting platform.
- Follow Pigsy to the decaying titan. He will start a race, just ignore him. Instead, scout this island for 5 single Orbs and three 3-Orb-clusters on the ground.
- Jump up once and walk as far to the left as you can while panning the camera a bit. There's an Orb hidden behind a small wall disguised by the fixed camera angle.
- Start climbing the titan and collect 2 single Orbs on the grate. Continue and find another Orb on the way. Climb back up after falling down and collect another Orb. Jump again to get another Orb. Jump over the 3 beams, jump up and get another Orb on the big platform. Continue upwards via the ramps and find 4 Orbs on the way. Jump up again and collect 3 Orbs before climbing up the rest of the titan.
- When Pigsy has reeled you both back down, follow the path until you first jump down. There's a single Orb here that might be hidden behind a pole depending on your camera angle. You can double-check everything you might have missed before on your way back down including the island until you open the door to the next area.
- Collect a single Orb next to the Health Pickup while Trip hacks the other door. Go through the door and make a left to find a 3-Orb-cluster.
- Jump down to the purple platform and collect 3 single Orbs on it.
- Use the wheel and find a single Orb behind Trip before throwing her across. Collect 6 single Orbs on the ground before using the 2nd wheel.
- Kill the demo mech and its minions, climb the pipe and collect a single Orb on the new walkway. Another 3 are in the demo mech's lair (supercharger). Also collect 3 on the way down via the ramp.
- Go back to the start, lower the walkway, shoot the bomb and collect 2 Orbs on your way up the ramp before the next door.
- Open the door and find an Orb right next to you. Follow Trip & Pigsy and collect 3 Orbs on the way.
- Throw Trip up, follow your insta-kill-filled path, shoot the bomb and meet the others. Go back the way they came from to find an 8-Orb-cluster and the first Mask at the end. Go back to Trip and search for a handle on the walls where you can jump up and collect a 3-Orb-cluster next to a Health Pickup. Jump back down, face Trip & Pigsy's starting point and look up to see a single Orb and a 3-Orb-cluster on another platform - look for the handle to jump up there somewhere right below it on a pillar. Follow Pigsy to the next door and collect 2 single Orbs on the way.
- Open the door and find 2 Orbs behind it plus 3 more on the path.
- Jump down, fight the mechs and collect all Orbs on this huge platform. Turn around 180° from where you're supposed to throw Trip up and jump across the beams to collect a single Orb on the way. Once you reach the big platform, look down to see a smaller red platform with a 3-Orb-cluster.
- Throw Trip up, collect a single Orb on the way to the turret and then take it out.
- Help Trip with the first crane and use the handle on the wall near the first switch to reach a 3-Orb-cluster on a platform and some other Orbs on the way to the 2nd switch.
- Use that switch three times, move to your target location, platform around and save Trip from the robots. DO NOT throw her up yet. Instead, jump down two times and collect a single Orb hidden in the bright spot on the platform. Then finish the chapter.
- Go up the small ramp next to the boat for an 8-Orb-cluster.
- Kill the first group of mechs and collect a single Orb between the road blocks.
- Kill the second group of mechs and start exploring the area before you go through the door. There's a ledge with ammo, a single Orb and a 3-Orb-cluster to your left while facing the door. From there, jump to the Health Pickup and collect a single Orb and an 8-Orb-cluster next to the first Mask. Right of the door is another Orb. Go through the door and enter the next area.
- Right outside the door is a single Orb. Follow the path and collect all Orbs on the way. You can bypass the fixed camera by holding LT. When Trip & Pigsy reach a green island, go right instead of jumping to them. You'll find a spot where you can climb up to the 2nd Mask and some Orbs on the way.
- On the green island, collect 5 single Orbs on a ramp to the right and 2 more before you jump down.
- Jump down, follow the path and collect 7 Orbs on the way before the next group of mechs. Kill the mechs and collect all Orbs in the area.
- While on the mech's arm, collect all Orbs to the left and right.
- Enter the palm and fly around in a circle at the edge while fighting the Rhino to collect all Orbs.
- Followed by ANOTHER DAMN CHASE SCENE that will cause you to replay this chapter several times. I recommed 3 playthroughs, 2 for collecting the Orbs and another for the "Got the Horn" achievement. All Orbs are in a mostly straight line between the blue speedups. 2-3 hang in the air at the first big jump. End of chapter.
- Collect all Orbs that are scattered inside and outside of the starting room on the ground.
- Go outside the door Trip opens for you and collect 5 Orbs along the walkway to the left.
- Follow Pigsy to the right and go down to find 2 Orbs in front of you. Move along the walkway to find 2 other Orbs that are clearly visible. From there, move to your left towards the target location and again find 2 Orbs in front of some boxes.
- Jump up to another walkway and collect 2 Orbs on it before using the button.
- Quoted from Tyger7's Mask Location Guide: "Once you find yourself at a rail cart, hit the switch (if you haven't already). This will roate the cart so that the red lights are facing forward. Now get on and hold http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...es/misc/lb.png and tell Trip to move you "forward". You will now go back towards where the mask is." Next to the mask are two 3-Orb-clusters. For visual aid check out his Mask video guide.
- Now get to the other side via the rail carts and collect 2 Orbs next to the other button.
- Push the button, move forward again on the cart and jump up to another walkway that has 5 Orbs on it.
- Jump down from the walkway at the opposite end and find 2 Orbs while doing so.
- Finish this pseudo-puzzle and go to the sub. Kill the mechs, follow the path to the console and collect all Orbs on the way.
- Behind the console is a pipe where you can climb up to find a single Orb.
- The next part requires multi-tasking again. Kill all mechs, shoot the fans for Pigsy and collect all Orbs on the walkways. Use the 2nd console, continue downwards and collect a 3-Orb-cluster at the end of the walkway.
- Enter the next room, kill the first group of mechs and do not jump to the next walkway. Instead, look for a handhold on the wall where you can jump up to find ammo and 3 Orbs.
- Jump to the next walkway, kill the rest of the mechs, collect all Orbs and the 2nd Mask and pull Pigsy up to finish the chapter.
- After Trip has sent out the dragonfly and Pigsy has taken another way up, don't follow the dragonfly yet. Instead, scout the platform behind Trip for 2 single Orbs, an 8-Orb-cluster and 2 other Orbs on a pipe nearby.
- Follow the platforming section until Pigsy asks you to shoot at some gear. Shoot it twice, jump to the other side and collect some Orbs behind the boxes next to the Health Pickup.
- Continue upwards and find a single Orb in front of you.
- When Pigsy asks you to shoot his bombs for the second time, don't do it. Instead, jump up the pipe below him and jump back down behind him to find a single Orb and the first Mask. Now jump back down in the room and destroy the first anchor point.
- Walk up a ramp with Pigsy opposite of it. You'll reach a big ventilator. To the left of it and down is the 2nd Mask, to the right are some Orbs on a platform you cannot reach yet. Same goes for the next ventilator. Continue on the path instead.
- When you reach your target destination (dragonfly), you'll collect 3 Orbs next to it.
- Jump down and destroy the second anchor point. Now go up on the right, collect some Orbs and follow Pigsy & the dragonfly again.
- Trip will deactivate another fire for you. Follow the platforming section through 2 flames until you hang on a pipe on a red wall. Below you can see an Orb. Drop down (B button) and collect 3 single Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster on the ventilator. Finally reach the platform to collect 3 additional Orbs on it. (Or you can simply climb to that platform and get on the ventilator from there.)
- Don't enter the lift yet. On the other end of the platform is the second ventilator where you can collect some single Orbs and an 8-Orb-cluster.
- Now get on the lift and meet up with Trip. You'll ride up another elevator and enter a large room. Jump over the poles to the left and up to a platform where you can find two 3-Orb-clusters.
- Go back down, through the power core and up another elevator. Jump up the pipe, collect an Orb in an alcove on the left and follow the walkway around to the right to find another single Orb.
- Shoot the bomb, master the insta-death platforming section and collect a single Orb on the big cube. Collect two more Orbs at the end of it next to a Health Pickup and 3 others on the big platform opposite of them.
- Follow the poles until you shall shoot bombs again. Go on the big wheel and collect a single Orb next to the Plasma Ammo. Jump down on the wheel to collect another Orb. Jump down to Pigsy via the poles and collect 3 Orbs near him. Now destroy the third anchor point.
- Jump through the gear and collect a single Orb on the other side. Don't shoot the last anchor point yet. Jump over to another Orb next to some Plasma Ammo first.
- Destroy the last anchor point, ride the elevator back down, go through the power core and jump upwards via the poles again. Trip will lower some platforms for you, use them to get around and collect all Orbs while fighting the mechs. Protect the cores and finish the chapter.
- Upgrade for the last time if you want to, go outside, shoot the leeches, fight the two mechs and collect all Orbs on this platform.
- Climb to the next platform, shoot the leeches and collect some Orbs plus a 3-Orb-cluster.
- Climb to the third platform, shoot the leeches for the third time, kill all mechs and collect all Orbs on the platform. Go down the blue ramp, collect some more Orbs and a 3-Orb-cluster on it and jump over to the blue room.
- Collect all Orbs here, then climb the pipe and turn around to find a 3-Orb-cluster behind you. Now kill all mechs, collect all other Orbs on this platform, face the door and jump down to the right of it for the final Mask and the last Orb (both "Curator" achievements should pop one after another right here). Congratz on the hardest achievement in the game :) Now finish the game and enjoy the ending.
Appreciate your efforts........but i think its really really difficult. I have tried twice all the levels, but still stuck 95-98% on all levels...i gave up on this achievement already!
I really think I've turned over every stone now in Chapter 2... maybe it's like Alan Wake and some Orbs only appear on Hard mode... We'll see.
Ive gotten a few 100%s on some levels. There's just some pretty tricky ones. I don't know if you should do an entire guide, as at leat 90% of them are REALLY easy to find. Maybe just note ones you think were difficult to get. I starteds writing a guide on this too on chapter 2 like you are and gave up. The method I was using was how many orbs inbetween cutscenes, that way someone could just count as they went along but I kept losing track when I was being attacked so I figured others would too. Just name the hard ones to find, that's my tip! Oh, and it's not a cluster of 5 it's actually a cluster of 8 ;)
Yeah everybody, please post all hard to find Orbs that you managed to collect here. I think I'll leave out the easy ones for the rest of the guide, too. Screenshots are always appreciated as I can't take them myself.
What you're missing is between these 2 steps
- Jump up to find a clearly visible single Orb.
- After lifting another debris and fighting two mechs, there are 3 single Orbs scattered in the small area before going through the door.
Before lifting the debris, turn around, there are a cluster of orbs on a higher level.
I have 100% on 2-6 and 8 so far, still missing 4% on 7, haven't played 9-14 yet because I try to finish one before I move on to the next chapter, and you can get them all on any level.
It's easier if you just do a youtube video walkthrough like they did for Prince of Persia. That game had over 1000 orbs but people still managed to compile them all into different vid guides.
Also, dont bother writing down every single orb, just jot the hard ones down.
after my hard run (2nd run) i ended up with 4 levels at 99% and the rest 100% most of these were stupid ones i should of never missed and the 2 levels where you are chasing the dog and rhino. i like what tyger suggested though. there is a few levels where you actually need to keep your eyes peeled for a grapple point to get up to some orbs. them are the ones that should be pointed out. most of the rest were pretty simple.
i googled and found this guide
I've gotten 100% on Chapter 2, but only 99% on Chapter 3. I've gone through it now 6 times. I've checked every single tree, corner, shrub... tried jumping off every ledge, tried jumping up almost every wall, I've even jumped while standing in plants in case there was an orb just above my head that was hidden by the leaves. I bought the strategy guide and followed their map to locate, as best I could, the location for every single orb. At this point, I have to assume the achievement is glitched. If I'm honestly missing one orb in Chapter 3, it must be the single best hidden object in a video game I've ever heard of (and I got all 1000 orbs in Prince of Persia, all 500 agility orbs in Crackdown 2, all the collectibles in The Simpsons, etc... I like collecting).
The only time I even thought I saw something was on my last playthrough, right after you rip the gun arm off the mech. We ran up the stairs and she crawled through a small hole, I jumped around to meet her, and for a split second, I think an orb appeared right behind me, but it disappeared as soon as I saw it. According to the guide, there is supposed to be an orb around there, but I don't know if I got it previously or not. Can anyone else confirm that there is supposed to be an orb at the top of the steps, right behind Trip when she hacks the door?
I know it's bad form to reply to one's self, but after some searching, I found a forum post on ps3trophies.org that claims that the orb in question is glitched. Apparently this orb IS present immediately before you drop down, but as soon as you touch the ground, it disappears. So if you have 99% on Chapter 3, and you're wasting hours of your life searching for it, it's possible that it's glitched. The recommended solution is to drop down directly on top of it, so you get the orb before you touch the ground. I'll try that later tonight, and will confirm on here if it works.
Edit: Just confirmed. That orb is definitely glitched. Also, I forgot to mention that since I've gone through that level so many times (7 now), I can also confirm that you can get all the orbs at the last part without replaying the level. As you walk into the multi-level room (with the 4 mechs at the bottom), go to the right first, drop down to the 2nd floor (the mechs are on the 1st floor) and get the stun ammo. There's a crate next to the wall that lets you climb up one level, then run over to the opposite side. Hopefully that saves someone some time.
Just so you know. You dont need to PLAY THIS PART TWICE on Chapter 3. Jump down the RIGHT side (where Trip jumps) - this lets you climb up a nearby box to the upper level, where you can drop down the other side (where you cant climb up).
wow this is the hardest part of this game so i wish u luck and hope u can do it.
Ok, after freaking out over 99% on Chapter 3, I finally found the one I was missing. So add this to the guide as I definitely do not see it there.
At the part where you rip off the gun from the mech (shielded), it's in the room with all the metal bars (the same room with the plasma ammo). There is a hole inthe wall leading outside to a metal platform that has a health vial, and a single orb.
"- Kill the shield mechs and explore the building for some single Orbs. Look for staff ammunition, there is a 3-Orb-cluster located on a balcony near it."
Because there is also a Health Pickup right next to the aforementioned Orb cluster on the balcony. Reworded the segment to make it easier to find.
Just to clarify: Is the glitched Orb supposed to be before or after Trip crawls through that hole?
Because it also appeared to me like I sucked up an Orb while walking close to the hole before Trip went through. I wrote it down as "you get it as you jump down" after she crawled through because that seemed more logical. See if my new wording in the guide fits your description please :)
The orb I found wasnt a cluster. It was just a lonely orb
Yes, the new description sounds right. I would have given up completely on collecting orbs if I wouldn't have seen that one for just a split second. (After getting 100% on chapter 3, I continued and got 100% on my first playthrough on Chapters 5-8, although I missed the second mask in chapter 6.) Chapters 2, 3, and 5 are definitely the hardest so far.
99% now on Chapter 9... this is so frustrating
Only 3 more levels left
i have ch.4 and 9 at 97%, so missing quite a few orbs. Any tips? probably missing a cluster somewhere
good guide so far i got 100% on the first 4 uve done and somehow 8, there really aint a lot of hidden orbs on that one. most of the others im 90+ minus one being 75% on the battlefield.
I am at 98% for chapter 9, I have all the ones in the chase sequence.
I have played through this level 3 times and I have searched every where.
What are the really well hidden orbs in this chapter?
If you've done all that then I assume you did in fact miss a few during the chase sequence. It's impossible to get all during this sequence so you need to go back and pick another route. There are some to the left and others to the right.
Good luck, and remember ch 2, 5, 9 are typically the hardest areas. If you maxed those, you're home free. I am unfortunately stuck at ch.2 which also happened to be the longest.
U really have to just stick with it i am currently all 100% apart from 4 and 5 at 99% both i was stuck on 2 for a while the ones i missed where ones u really shouldn't the two orbs i was missing were where u fight 5 mechs there is orbs under the bridge u came down and there is one to the left behind the fallen down rubble the other one i was missing was in the bit where trip uses the emp if u run towards the camera there is one there! happy hunting
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.