XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fallout 3 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=630)
-   -   How does Fallout compare to Oblivion? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274421)

CoDzombieDude 11-07-2010 07:38 PM

How does Fallout compare to Oblivion?

I was wondering, as I am looking for a good, immersive RPG to really sink my teeth into :p And, since I heard Bethesda are good at this kind of thing I was wondering which to get?

So far, I'm leaning towards Fallout 3 as it's cheaper and it looks, frankly, awesome :)

Thanks for any comments! :)

ozgoon56 11-09-2010 12:45 AM

I played Oblivion on PC and, more recently, Fallout 3 on Xbox. They're both great games but I preferred Fallout largely because of the levelling system which was Oblivions major flaw. Also Fallout has much better add-ons so if you do get it make sure to get the GOTY edition with the DLC on the second disc.

Thermodynamics 11-09-2010 01:15 AM

I think Fallout is so much better. The speech options make the game hilarious and great, as well as more interactive.

QCJLo 11-09-2010 05:14 PM

Both games are great. But I do agree that the leveling system has been improved in Fallout 3. My suggestion is to start with either one and eventually get around to playing the other. It sounds as though you are leaning towards Fallout 3 at the moment. Go for it!

maggotdude 11-11-2010 09:41 PM

i tried to play oblivion many years ago and couldnt stand it, just started playing fallout 3 and i completely love it. i usually dont like RPG's but maybe thats just me turning into more of a mature gamer, if your looking for a long and immersive game, this is definatly the game for you !

Scotty 11-13-2010 11:33 PM

i personally think(and it looks like im the only one) that oblivion was better. ive never played a game so much, i normally just get games for cheevos which i did with this thinking it was a cheap 1000gs but i quickly changed my mind. i stopped everything to play this game and i didnt go anywhere outside my house for like 4 weeks, which come to think of it if you have a life(i dont) might be a bad thing.:p

Volzagia 11-14-2010 12:20 AM

I much prefer the feel of oblivion, but both are great games.

Aceman417 11-14-2010 12:28 AM

I prefer Fallout tro Oblivion. Fallout is basically the same engine as Oblivion and has the same stuff, except that Fallout has guns and shit while Oblivion doesn't.

BigEasy 11-26-2010 04:46 AM

I Like oblivion a lot more because that game is REALLY long compared. i spent like 102 hours in OB and 32 in fallout 3 completing everything possible...

Other than more to do in oblivion, fallout3 is still a great game. it's fun just short ;)

rekikire 11-26-2010 05:31 AM

Fallout 3 short? If you've done only 32 hours I'm pretty certain you haven't done everything. I've got over a hundred hours played on Fallout and there's still more places I haven't explored.

BigEasy 11-26-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekikire (Post 3773529)
Fallout 3 short? If you've done only 32 hours I'm pretty certain you haven't done everything. I've got over a hundred hours played on Fallout and there's still more places I haven't explored.

Then you're really slow or something. (This is before DLC)

rekikire 11-26-2010 12:49 PM

This is going around collecting every single book in the game, exploring every location.

BigEasy 11-26-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekikire (Post 3774242)
This is going around collecting every single book in the game, exploring every location.

yup :p:Bounce:

pandaliamcod6 11-26-2010 08:30 PM

Fallout 3 is defo one of the best games on 360 but oblivions really good too, maybe fallouts a bit easy to get used to so i would go with fallout.

institutions 11-26-2010 08:33 PM

There's no way in hell you finished every quest, collected all the skill books, and explored every location in 32 hours. Pure bullshit.

OT: This is pretty old and you've probably made your decision, but I think it somewhat comes down to the setting/style you prefer. I am a huge fan of post-apocalyptic wastelands and i'm not big into medieval fantasy settings with castles and stuff, so naturally I liked Fallout more. Not saying Oblivion wasn't a good game, though; being a stealthy marksman was incredibly fun.