XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Crazy Taxi (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1824)
-   -   how to crazy dash and all the other moves? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278676)

Sms4001 11-24-2010 10:04 PM

how to crazy dash and all the other moves?

the description in the game is pretty confusing.. I had played this on dreamcast a lot but its been a while.. doesn't it pop up saying you did a crazy dash when it works? I can't seem to do it!

Sms4001 11-24-2010 10:31 PM

I am quickly releasing the gas, switching to reverse then quickly back to drive while pressing accelerate again.. right? stupid thing is not working!

TerreBullet 11-24-2010 10:46 PM

let go of RT

Press B and RT

for crazy dash

Sms4001 11-24-2010 10:49 PM

so you don't have to switch to reverse first? you can just let go of the gas and then press B and RT at the same time?

davezpsp 11-24-2010 11:00 PM

I know they are confusing, I actually looked for some YT videos just for help. For a crazy dash, It's kinda like a 1-2 thing and don't shift into reverse first it just slows you down. I constantly do crazy dashes cause its about the only thing I can do. I think I figured out crazy drifts (uncontrolled). If you actually know anyone good you have to watch them, I never know these things existed until I saw a friend play and I've never played the same since. If someone wants to make a tutorial video I'm sure it would help some people.........

luuwat 11-25-2010 04:59 AM

just spam the RT and B button, you can feel the boost,

davezpsp 11-25-2010 10:19 AM

Can anyone explain a limit cut to me?

amacteur 11-25-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luuwat (Post 3770386)
just spam the RT and B button, you can feel the boost,

I'm also doing this way, even if you get less boost than doing the Reverse, Drive, RT thing.

Keep pressing B and RT, B and RT, B and RT, and so on you will go faster all the time :)

Mariofan141 11-26-2010 02:54 AM

Yeah, I kept trying to do the Crazy Dash, but it either works or doesn't work. I'll try spamming B and RT and see how it goes. :woop:

Also, in case anyone is wondering, it's pretty easy to do a Crazy Drift. All you got to do is hold both A and B while turning. It works well, but sometimes it changes the gear to reverse, which can get annoying.

Mr Matty 11-26-2010 08:09 AM

I really hate this i cant explain how to do a crazy dash but i can do one all day every day.
use controller setting b
hit r gear then really quickly hit drive gear and a should work might need a bit of practice.

Bazajaytee 11-26-2010 10:31 AM

If you use control setup A you...
  • Release RT
  • Press A (for Reverse)
  • Press B (for Drive) and at the same time press RT again

Todaysforgotten 11-26-2010 04:52 PM

I don't know what the names of each move are:

At a stand still. Quickly put car into reverse and then right after drive, hit the gas. Jolt of speed.

While cruising as someone mentioned, let off gas, press b and then immediately press gas.

While cruising, put car into reverse, then into drive and then gas.

PeteRoyale 12-01-2010 07:49 PM

I am finding the controls a complete joke, I've been able to do some kind of speed boost, where you see the driver "vibrate" but I can never get to the end of the challenges fast enough. On 1-S I run out of time half way down the final lane to the last 10 pins and on 2-S I run out just after the final turn.

I've been letting go of RT then pressing RT and B at the same time and I boost but I can't complete the challenges in time.

crabbycrabcrab 12-04-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazajaytee (Post 3774021)
If you use control setup A you...
  • Release RT
  • Press A (for Reverse)
  • Press B (for Drive) and at the same time press RT again

Dude you got it right on there. Yours worked first time :)

the action frampton 12-12-2010 09:20 PM

Crazy drift stop

Anyone know how to do a CRAZY DRIFT STOP - 3-S is driving me crazy!!!

Bonkekook 12-20-2010 02:17 AM

I've been Dashing by pressing RT milliseconds after B. You just have to time it a little bit and get used to it. Just start a 3 minute arcade and run around trying to dash.

hydrosugar 03-12-2011 05:52 AM

you can do the RT + B one if you want, but all the crazy dash is is pressing A before that. so pretty much if you do the 'spam' RT + B when in revers youve done a proper crazy dash.

i think theres a difference im only gonna use the big one on a long straight and/or across grass

Blizzard-1 03-31-2011 12:28 PM

B then RT = Small Boost
A then B then RT = Big Boost

You wont be able to complete the last Crazy Box challenge without the Big Boost.

CONKER1182 04-04-2011 10:44 PM

This is what it says in Crazy taxi 2 manual on how to do Crazy Dash

"With both the gas and brake released, shift into D and step on the gas simultaneously."