XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Unreal Tournament 3 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=492)
-   -   Do you think this is the worst shooter on the 360? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279173)

dave252 11-27-2010 03:28 AM

Do you think this is the worst shooter on the 360?
 
This has to be the dullest, most pointless shooter on the 360.

Incredibly boring. Sadistic, time consuming achievements. Non-descript campaign. Its difficult to believe that this was made by the same people that gave us GoW.

Currently Im stuck on a warfare game on CASUAL. This should be over in 5 mins, but no. The enemy has many more members and I can't get access to any vehicles so they keep re-capturing the nodes despite me constantly killing 4-5 as they spawn further up the map. My AI team mates suck and are of no real help.

The whole game is farcical ( 60 mp maps? ) and it should never have seen the light of day.

Killerzo 1994 11-27-2010 03:35 AM

Yer, I played with a mate a while back on xbox live. Seriously the worst game. I had heard good things about, but was dissapointing, no creativity. Just bland, boring and a downright crappy game lol

To answer the question, yes it is probably the worst of all shooters I have ever played and thats alot.

mihai7645 11-27-2010 08:30 PM

to answer the question: No, i do not.

Carpet 12-09-2010 05:37 AM

to answer the question: Its is one of the best shooters on xbox and the series itself is a classic. also stop being bad at it and complaining about being stuck on the easiest difficulty, isnt that embarassing for you to say that? and why do you complain that there's 60 maps? you want less content? your complaining makes no sense

Flekshin 12-17-2010 01:44 AM

this is an old school arena shooter and it is hands down better than 90% of shooters on 360. it just didn't take off like it should have.

Chaos MAN 12-18-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpet (Post 3811894)
to answer the question: Its is one of the best shooters on xbox and the series itself is a classic. also stop being bad at it and complaining about being stuck on the easiest difficulty, isnt that embarassing for you to say that? and why do you complain that there's 60 maps? you want less content? your complaining makes no sense

Everything this guy said.

Skilled 12-29-2010 11:12 AM

Beats Call of duty any day.

SuperWoody64 12-31-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skilled (Post 3867526)
Beats Call of duty any day.

Sold, thank you sir.

Damager 01-12-2011 06:28 PM

Those remarks tell me that you haven't been in the shooting scene for very long. UT is a legendary shooter game that some of the most hardcore players used to play on PC. You don't know a good shooter when you see one because your too brainwashed by newer titles like call of duty.

`Throwdown 01-16-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damager (Post 3905547)
Those remarks tell me that you haven't been in the shooting scene for very long. UT is a legendary shooter game that some of the most hardcore players used to play on PC. You don't know a good shooter when you see one because your too brainwashed by newer titles like call of duty.

Love the game. Wish it would have been supported and advertised better. I think all the glitches on the PC version upon release killed it for us PC UT players. I still enjoyed it, I think they did a better on the X360 version :/

:uzi:

Anji 01-18-2011 12:54 PM

Has to be bottom 5, just an all around awful game............. story, single player, multi-player, awful.

Abrupt D3mise 02-02-2011 06:02 PM

Wow, if you think this is one of the worst shooters, your opinion as a gamer is completely irrelevant- perhaps if you have enough intelectual capacity to grasp the depth of combat and perfectly fluid and well implemented gameplay mechanics, you would realize a game like this requires real SKILL, unlike games like Call of Duty- also, you might try educating yourself in the unreal franchise a little (for example, try UT 2004). If you think this is one of the worst games on the 360, you are one the most pathetic people to inhabit this planet, let alone call themselves a member of a community dedicated to video game enthusiasts.

TVC613 02-12-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abrupt D3mise (Post 3962273)
Wow, if you think this is one of the worst shooters, your opinion as a gamer is completely irrelevant- perhaps if you have enough intelectual capacity to grasp the depth of combat and perfectly fluid and well implemented gameplay mechanics, you would realize a game like this requires real SKILL, unlike games like Call of Duty- also, you might try educating yourself in the unreal franchise a little (for example, try UT 2004). If you think this is one of the worst games on the 360, you are one the most pathetic people to inhabit this planet, let alone call themselves a member of a community dedicated to video game enthusiasts.

THIS. If you say a game is bad because you suck at it your opinion is automatically invalidated. For example, I am bad at Halo, but that does not make it a bad game by ANY means. Bad story? Fair enough, story has never been a focus in ANY Unreal games. Too long/difficult achievements? They are true achievements, where you actually have to ACHIEVE them (shocking, I know). And one of the worst shooters ever? I have two points for this: one, you clearly have very limited experience with shooters if this is even in your top ten. And two, arena shooters are different than the mindless, pick-up-and-play approach of a Call of Duty type game. Therefore, if you can't accept this fact I find no reason for your words to carry any weight at all.

the real a 0bsolete 02-20-2011 04:12 AM

UT is a classic but it's one of those games you'll either love it or hate it i guess.
i will admit the single player kind of sucked though..

stephenmc608 08-10-2011 07:35 PM

No, definetly not, there are many worse shooters. If you played every shooter game for the Xbox 360, you will find that there are games that can't even compare to Unreal Tournament 3.

the_b1ues 08-10-2011 07:36 PM

No i dont i used to love the online on this game before they updated it and you couldnt swap teams or anything.

NKSX 08-24-2011 10:26 AM

well the thing is unreal is a hate or love game, if you're more old school with arena shooters, you'll love it. If you're more into realism with CoD and that, then it might now be your slice of cake. But going as far as calling it the worst shooter ever, that's taking it too far.

Lucretia 08-29-2011 09:47 PM

This game was awesome when it first came out, admitingly, i couldnt get much more than 300g as i found it to be a tough game, however that didnt bother me as the game play and the style kept me entertained. It should have been bigger than it was

xxDAMRONxx 12-03-2011 09:48 PM

I also completely disagree with the OP

This game is amazing and its a classic and one of the most balance shooters on the 360
I am sure you are used to playing things like CoD where it takes no skill to get a kill..you can hop on there first day and get kills just by the "spray and pray" method....thats why those online games are targeted to "everyone" while shooters that require more skill have less of a fan base because people don't like to have to work and get better at the game. If you are/were struggling on easy then yes you will be frustrated online and just need to practice and get better....but saying it is a bad game is simply wrong as UR TOURNAMENT has been a classic shooter for years...there needs be no story, no intricate design..just unreal tournament

Death Metal Jim 10-06-2012 09:04 AM

This game was the perfect definition of mediocre IMO. It's not a horrible game, but it's not really that great either. You'll have a decent amount of fun playing it, for an hour or so, then it gets monotonous and repetitive. Having coop for the campaign helps a little, but the campaign itself is so bland that unfortunately even the coop can't save it in the end.

If you want to look at the worst shooters on the 360, then see games like Legendary, Quantum Theory, and ShellShock 2. Unreal Tournament 3 is infinitely better than these other games. But that still doesn't make it a great game unfortunately, just not the bottom of the barrel.

A7xGunslinger 01-13-2013 06:34 AM

This game is definitely one of the worst shooters on the 360

I_Love_Ch33v0s 01-13-2013 06:37 AM

i like it myself.

LotusOfDoom 03-24-2013 08:07 PM

I'm a big fan of Unreal games and this one is no exception, i just wish it had a community so I could legit try to win 500 games. I also am just as confused as the others as to how 60mp maps is a fault of the game? I would kill for even 1/2 that in most shooters now

BT83 09-29-2013 05:47 PM

This is my favorite game.Lets not forget the game that started it all................Unreal baby

Heldane2012 01-20-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave252 (Post 3776358)
This has to be the dullest, most pointless shooter on the 360.

Incredibly boring. Sadistic, time consuming achievements. Non-descript campaign. Its difficult to believe that this was made by the same people that gave us GoW.

Currently Im stuck on a warfare game on CASUAL. This should be over in 5 mins, but no. The enemy has many more members and I can't get access to any vehicles so they keep re-capturing the nodes despite me constantly killing 4-5 as they spawn further up the map. My AI team mates suck and are of no real help.

The whole game is farcical ( 60 mp maps? ) and it should never have seen the light of day.

Unreal is a great game learn how to play it before ya start complaining

PinguDaPenguin 02-26-2014 09:02 PM

amazing game! Wish there was a newer one


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.