XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trials HD (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1430)
-   -   secret base cheev! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280084)

stevie vip 99 12-01-2010 11:07 AM

secret base cheev!
 
Anyone got any tips for this? I can get 6 rings in but no further, wondered how many there were?

stevie vip 99 12-01-2010 11:31 AM

Update: managed it at last, there are 8 jet pack rings to get through then you drop onto a ramp down to the finish.

Hope this helps someone

adammcd09 12-01-2010 12:51 PM

It was hard but not as bad as the donkey cheevo on barrel of laughs new rage achievement!

stevie vip 99 12-01-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammcd09 (Post 3789493)
It was hard but not as bad as the donkey cheevo on barrel of laughs new rage achievement!

Yeah not tried that one yet, not looking forward to it as I'm a bit rusty ha ha

adammcd09 12-01-2010 01:14 PM

After countless Restarts I actually got it! Just so easy to flip the donkey thing

samsecs 12-01-2010 02:00 PM

Can somebody tell me how to get this achievement? I don't have a clue. Thanks.

stevie vip 99 12-01-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsecs (Post 3789621)
Can somebody tell me how to get this achievement? I don't have a clue. Thanks.

Just before the end of the level, as you go through the glass. Drop down to a level below then follow the jet pack and the rings.
Good luck

samsecs 12-01-2010 02:36 PM

Cheers mate.

Jay ITFC 12-01-2010 04:08 PM

Is 'Secret Base' the level name for this one then?

T0b3 12-01-2010 04:35 PM

Just tried to do this and now I remember why I hate this game so much.

- Worst controls ever
- The front wheel is somehow magnetically attracted to the sky
- Seriously, worst controls ever.

Now I want my 5 bucks back. :(

acdougla17 12-01-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T0b3 (Post 3789969)
Just tried to do this and now I remember why I hate this game so much.

- Worst controls ever
- The front wheel is somehow magnetically attracted to the sky
- Seriously, worst controls ever.

Now I want my 5 bucks back. :(

Sounds to me like you seriously havent spent much time with the game.
- SIMPLEST and EASIEST controls ever (2 buttons and joystick).
- Only when not leaning the proper direction.
- Practice and every bike is VERY easy to control.

adammcd09 12-01-2010 05:10 PM

Maybe he's using the micro donkey thing

adammcd09 12-01-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay ITFC (Post 3789885)
Is 'Secret Base' the level name for this one then?

Yea it's in the medium tracks I think

T0b3 12-01-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdougla17 (Post 3789992)
Sounds to me like you seriously havent spent much time with the game.
- SIMPLEST and EASIEST controls ever (2 buttons and joystick).
- Only when not leaning the proper direction.
- Practice and every bike is VERY easy to control.

I've spent hours on this one..
Ah yeah, I've forgotton the completely broken physics.

acdougla17 12-01-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T0b3 (Post 3790170)
I've spent hours on this one..
Ah yeah, I've forgotton the completely broken physics.

I don't understand how people can say this game is random or bikes are too hard to control. The physics are perfect. I know exactly whats going to happen when my bike is about to land 99% of the time so I can always be prepared for it. Even on tracks I have never played.

The game is EXTREMELY consistent. So consistent that the replays are actually based off purely controller input. So all the game does it record the buttons you press and then insert them into a "blank" replay so it isn't actually recording 5000 replays per track. That is why there are the occasionally replays where it shows someone crashing. Usually due to timing being a fraction of the second off or by an explosion throwing it off a bit. But when you look at how many actually play, its amazing how consistent it really is.

Its all about knowing the game. Because there are probably less than a dozen obstacles in the game that are slightly unpredictable at times, everything else is cake once you learn how the bikes react. This also isnt your average game where you can spend 5 hours playing it and be pretty good. I would say it takes 25+ hours for someone to become decent - good at the game. Very good comes somewhere past 75.

adammcd09 12-01-2010 07:19 PM

Amen to that

A ZombieTwinkie 12-01-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdougla17 (Post 3790197)
I don't understand how people can say this game is random or bikes are too hard to control. The physics are perfect. I know exactly whats going to happen when my bike is about to land 99% of the time so I can always be prepared for it. Even on tracks I have never played.

The game is EXTREMELY consistent. So consistent that the replays are actually based off purely controller input. So all the game does it record the buttons you press and then insert them into a "blank" replay so it isn't actually recording 5000 replays per track. That is why there are the occasionally replays where it shows someone crashing. Usually due to timing being a fraction of the second off or by an explosion throwing it off a bit. But when you look at how many actually play, its amazing how consistent it really is.

Its all about knowing the game. Because there are probably less than a dozen obstacles in the game that are slightly unpredictable at times, everything else is cake once you learn how the bikes react. This also isnt your average game where you can spend 5 hours playing it and be pretty good. I would say it takes 25+ hours for someone to become decent - good at the game. Very good comes somewhere past 75.

Couldn't have put it better.

I'm not pointing anyone out, or trying to flame anyone, but maybe people who think it's a bad game or whatever, is because their not as good at the game as they think they should be.

I have a few friends who bought the game, then said it was a P.o.S. game because they couldn't get past the medium or hard tracks. I was like, dude, just practice and you'll get it before too long. Needless to say, they havent touched the game since.

TripleHBK 12-02-2010 07:28 AM

The Game itself is fun, however the achievemets are utter bullshit and everyone knows it. Why the hell are there no speed tracks either? Anyone who states they enjoy the extreme tracks is full of shit, and to be honest I fail to see why so many of these tracks have to be about perfectly timed jumps and bull shit box jumps and such. Whatever happened to mixing up the gameplay and providing a fun balance of tracks. I loved the original release... the first DLC was ok, but I had my gripes... Now this 3rd piece of shit comes out with retarded achievements, lame levels, and even more of the same designs. I know I'm not the only person who enjoys fast levels with Large jumps and plenty of hang time. My favorite levels from this game are by far the original easy & Medium levels as they had the best balance of speed and obstacles. I'm really REALLY disappointed in this DLC. This seems more like a money grab then a worthwhile download. Sad to say but I will not be downloading any more of the dlc should anymore come along after this pack. And no, I'm not bitching because I'm not good enough... I've beaten all the tracks, platinumed the majority as well, and the amount of time I've invested is well up around 100 hours. The bottom line is that this game simply isn't fun anymore and is to far unbalanced.

stevie vip 99 12-02-2010 07:44 AM

I personally love the challenge of the extreme tracks, and as there are only 3 new extreme you can hardly accuse the makers of only catering for people who like the extreme tracks!! There are a lot more levels with lower difficulties.

So what if the cheevs are hard, I love the game as others do, the cheevs don't matter. I'll probably never get the marathon cheev as I always make a silly mistake but hey I don't go online to bitch about it! Just enjoy the game or don't play it.

adammcd09 12-02-2010 10:38 AM

How can you say it's money grabbing when it includes 30 new tracks and 10 user created tracks for only 400MSP I would have easily paid 800 for it

stevie vip 99 12-02-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammcd09 (Post 3792559)
How can you say it's money grabbing when it includes 30 new tracks and 10 user created tracks for only 400MSP I would have easily paid 800 for it

Yeah same here, I think he is just mouthing off for some attention

GR4V1G0R3 12-02-2010 02:02 PM

well i suck at the game, and i personally love the extreme tracks (aside from the last new one which is currently making my blood boil)

this dlc was well worth 400 points, thats 10 points per track, the achievements from it are nice too, a little challenge involved, not like the last dlc.

the tracks all seem a fraction harder than the originals / first dlc tracks, but i think when the correct lines have been mastered these will be just as 'fast' as the originals

my only gripes with the game are
-brake / reverse on same button, meaning if you're a bit slow like me, you'll start to reverse into the pit you just cleared
-no ability to watch a friend play (not talking replay's, though saving & sharing replay's would be a nice feature. just joining their session and watching how they do each section, my cousin and i both get similar times, but in totally different ways, combined, we would make a half decent trials player)

adammcd09 12-02-2010 04:02 PM

Like the idea if sharing replays or a theatre type mode

The Taymanator 10-15-2011 12:37 PM

Yeah, I think it may just be sour grapes for those who slam this game. It is a fun and addictive game, but it is also frustrating, because it is CHALLENGING! (at least to me)

I still suck at the game, even after spending hours and hours...but I am lightyears better than when I first started out...it just takes practice.

Someday I hope to get 100%....someday.

DeF PrKgReG 04-10-2012 10:27 AM

My controller has taken a trip out of the window trying to get this cheevo, hair pulling-ly frustrating but it keeps me coming back for more!

barrybarfly 04-17-2012 06:10 PM

I suck at this game. I can just pass the gold tracks on bronze and thats it. But its not the physics or controls that are the issue, its just my skill level. I still love the game, love the infuriation of trying to do a "perfect" run and cannot wait for tomorrow when evolution drops!
:woop:

Also just picked up 4 cheevos I've never had (including all hard tracks after managing king of the hill finally and unyielding) ,two of which were thanks to yet another handy xbox360 cheevo guide!

KAYDEE 03-28-2013 07:11 AM

Thanks !!! I'm new here and its help 'cause I'm getting crazy with this achievements . . .


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.