XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kinect Sports (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1800)
-   -   My Body hurrrrrrrts... (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280316)

Canadian Gamerling 12-02-2010 02:32 PM

My Body hurrrrrrrts...
 
Im 22 and in decent shape... Decent as in im quite muscular but cant run unless my life depended on it!

WHY IS IT THAT THIS GAME IS MAKING MY BODY ACHE AND SWEAT!? I do construction/carpentry and I barely break a sweat there lol

Any1 else feeling some kinect pains?

XxINYOUREYE11xX 12-02-2010 07:25 PM

Dude I'm 27 and prolly not in excellent shape seeing as how I play video games way too much but I'm slender and I played this with my buddy whos the same size as me and we are both still sore and its like 5 days later. I think I'll just stick with bowling, lol ;)

LOBO X9 12-02-2010 07:38 PM

yes bowling and video games
i will stay away kinect

solidlildanny 12-02-2010 09:33 PM

my shoulder and neck was hurting for about 3 days i blame track and field haha

XxINYOUREYE11xX 12-02-2010 10:18 PM

Yea track and field were prolly the cause of mine too...that and kinect adventures...ugh

Shelton 12-03-2010 04:55 AM

I played Kinect for 10 hours the first day I got it. No joke, the next day, I could barely get out of bed. It's not that I'm not in good shape, it is just the movements that I'm not used to. For example, jumping in Sonic Free Riders. During my day, I have no reason to jump. There are no Goombas where I live. lol. Therefore, when I jumped 500+ times in one day, my legs hated me for it.

The good news, is that you will get used to it and the pain will go away. It took about a week personally, but now I can play as much as I like without feeling sore.

Canadian Gamerling 12-03-2010 02:09 PM

well honestly i think track and field can kiss my ass...

Tragik T 12-05-2010 10:33 PM

Yes...this game and Dance Central make me ache...but I am right back to it the next day...maybe I will condition myself to being less achey.

Canadian Gamerling 12-06-2010 01:58 PM

i bet you its because we all play TO MANY VIDEO GAMES!

jmannx 12-06-2010 09:10 PM

Yea, it's pretty awesome this game this game is giving a nice workout.

Canadian Gamerling 12-07-2010 02:37 PM

i really hope they come out with a star wars game and people can use the force and what not and lightsabers!

TopNotched 12-10-2010 05:43 AM

First day I got the kinect I played all day, Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports. I couldn't play the next day as much as I would have loved to. :-)

Now I'm playing Fighters Uncaged and it makes you even more sore (but after a couple weeks of playing you start feeling a lot stronger and a lot healthier)

Im 27 and Im sure Ive lost at least 10 pounds since i started playing the Kinect.

XxINYOUREYE11xX 12-11-2010 02:42 AM

I thought about getting that fighters uncaged game, is it easy achievements or no?

yamayamayaamaa 12-11-2010 05:37 AM

It's probably because the game doesn't recognize any normal movements and you have to move your body in ways unintended for the human body.

Just my opinion lol.

paarman 12-12-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Gamerling (Post 3792925)
Im 22 and in decent shape... Decent as in im quite muscular but cant run unless my life depended on it!

WHY IS IT THAT THIS GAME IS MAKING MY BODY ACHE AND SWEAT!? I do construction/carpentry and I barely break a sweat there lol

Any1 else feeling some kinect pains?

Haha... Im 24 and in pretty good shape muscular wise and I feel your pain! Track and Field is a shit kicker! I cant play this game without getting sore.. Oh well, less time I gotta put in at the gym! lol

Gattsta 12-12-2010 08:54 PM

Im 17, in decent shape, and even i felt sore after playing for a bit. Like everyone says, were not used to jumping 2398723 times in one day, or consecutively at that :P. Either way, its great exercise, and i personally love it :D

Canadian Gamerling 12-13-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa (Post 3817348)
It's probably because the game doesn't recognize any normal movements and you have to move your body in ways unintended for the human body.

Just my opinion lol.

wow that actually kinda makes sense! i mean since when did swinging my arm like a haymaker ever constitute consecutive strikes in bowling:)

Evo Kazz 12-14-2010 10:00 AM

Haha, love it, I was in agony first day of kinect. I am not in good shape, I am 30, overweight, and smoke, but I managed to 1000/1000 Kinect Adventures against people saying I cant do it cos I am too fat lmao.

But you get used to it, my daughter is thin, 12year old, and I can beat her at every game. So being thin/muscular doesn't count for anything, I guess it is stamina and determination.

Canadian Gamerling 12-14-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evokazz (Post 3825732)
Haha, love it, I was in agony first day of kinect. I am not in good shape, I am 30, overweight, and smoke, but I managed to 1000/1000 Kinect Adventures against people saying I cant do it cos I am too fat lmao.

But you get used to it, my daughter is thin, 12year old, and I can beat her at every game. So being thin/muscular doesn't count for anything, I guess it is stamina and determination.

pfsh overweight... i see that photo of you on the left there and you definitely dont look overweight!

either way i smoke as well and i think that has caught up with me already :)

JuryDuty 12-14-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Gamerling (Post 3806855)
i really hope they come out with a star wars game and people can use the force and what not and lightsabers!

Coming 2011...


Canadian Gamerling 12-16-2010 02:46 PM

omg SAweeeet but why clone wars? i wanted something original like KOTOR or unleashed but nooooooo!

either way i hope KOTOR picks up pace soon cause thats a game i been waiting TO long for!

Bobo-jim 12-19-2010 06:14 PM

Seriously I LOVE KINECT! :D

Im a fitness instructor in a gym and even I get sore in my body from 3 hours of play.

I seriously hope all gamers will play this game so they dont end up like this... http://blog.game-resources.com/uploa...gamer_girl.jpg


Note: Its a picture I found on Google ;D just search "big fat gamer" :p

Canadian Gamerling 12-20-2010 02:16 PM

lmao sickkkkkkkkkkkkk that looks like sum1 who ATE the kinect system hahahaha

TehGreyWolf 12-25-2010 09:32 PM

Certain kinect sports games make me ache after a while but some just hurt my arm probably becuase im streching to far when a do certain things, also if you've been playing kinect sports for a while a notification pops up saying "Tired why not take a break ?" or something like that.

beer is gud 12-25-2010 09:35 PM

I'm hurting so bad right now, but I suppose around New Year I'll be used to it and can play as much as I want. This will help me improve my body I hope. Although I really want to improve my stamina.

Berad Jenkins 12-26-2010 10:09 AM

I kinda like it cause as I play I "feel the burn" .

I unno, new year... new things.. I think things are looking up for me, KINECT's gonna make me buff.

judd90 12-26-2010 10:44 AM

I'm fit and i ache from Kinect.

I think its because your kicking, punching etc. into thin air. That can really make you ache, different story if you actually physically did it.

xBurnleyxFC 12-26-2010 11:31 AM

I got my Kinect yesterday and after only playing it for around 2-3 hours (played some Kinect Adventures and MotionSports) I have to say my legs are pretty sore from jumping around so much! The skiing especially killed me after playing it over and over. This is one game I'll struggle to 1k hahaa.

judd90 12-26-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobo-jim (Post 3840518)
Seriously I LOVE KINECT! :D

Im a fitness instructor in a gym and even I get sore in my body from 3 hours of play.

I seriously hope all gamers will play this game so they dont end up like this... http://blog.game-resources.com/uploa...gamer_girl.jpg


Note: Its a picture I found on Google ;D just search "big fat gamer" :p

She's hot :P

Hahaha just kidding how dirty is that.

TehGreyWolf 12-26-2010 10:45 PM

I really felt the aches from playing kinect today after having it yesterday.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.