XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rockstar Games Table Tennis (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Service Ace Guide (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28227)

jqtaxpayer 06-05-2007 10:07 PM

Service Ace Guide

Plain and simple? You're not going to get a full 1000 in Table Tennis without the Service Ace. This move can be tricky to pull off, and considering many still can't do it, I figure I'd make a go at a more detailed explanation than we currently have. This knowledge is the direct result of trial and error, aided by Shaaady Souljah's terrific guide. The process can be a little difficult to explain, but I'll do my best with it. Any additional information is welcome, naturally.

As the guide states, you're going to need to be taking a certain amount of steps to the right and executing a shot with leftspin. Full power and full spin will work against most characters, though you can find a few other sweet spots on the power meter through your own trial and error. Contrary to popular belief, you CAN perform this move against Jung Soo and Mark. For instance, when playing as Juergen against Mark in All-Star mode, I found that, instead of full power and full spin (which Mark would hit every time), if I let the power bar reach the top twice and then released X when it was somewhere in the orange range, I could perform a service ace against him. Unfortunately, this trick isn't as simple as stopping between 80% and 100%... there are varying degrees of sensitivity depending which character you're using and which character you're facing.

The other important factor, of course, is where to stand. For most of the characters, it's going to be 4-5 (depending on how you count them) steps to the right from the starting position. There are four exceptions to this rule:

Liu Ping: After taking your steps, nudge the analog stick to the left to take a half step. He can't hit it from the full 4-5 steps.
Kumi: Add an additional step to your count.
Jesper and Solayman: After taking your steps, nudge the analog stick down twice to take two steps backwards.

I hope this helps.

Swished 07-06-2007 08:33 AM

I know this is an old post but it has really helped my in my Table Tennis career. ;)

Shaaady Souljah 07-06-2007 03:12 PM

bumping of the thread is not necessary... no matter how much you like it. ;)
the ace has been posted before, so that may be why it got no love.

Fluster Zero 03-12-2008 06:55 PM

i would also like to bump this, looks like work was put into writing this, im going to use these little hints to see if i can 1k this in about 2 weeks swiching between orange box, 1king army of 2, and bomberman live. then i will bump this again for the hell of it.

BigEasy 03-15-2008 11:33 PM

That was completely useless information about Bomberman and OB....

p0rtfan 06-03-2008 03:16 PM

wow, althoguh it sounds a bit difficult il get round to trying it one day :)

roy1751 06-10-2008 12:54 PM

At the highest difficulty, the cheap serve simply doesn't work against half the characters in the lineup regardless of position, sweetspot, etc. Just wanted to point that out for anybody getting frustrated with this game. I just got my 1k so maybe I'll write another guide...

towelie07 07-16-2008 07:34 PM

I'll try this out as soon as I get back to this game. 1K in Table Tennis is a long shot for me.

LeiChat 02-06-2012 11:33 PM

I agree with the OP on this one.
There may be a couple that are impossible to ace but so far I've managed to find a few perfect serve power and position combinations that have worked against Jung and Mark.
If you're a patient gamer I'd suggest experimenting a little.