XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Doritos Crash Course (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2041)
-   -   the most fun i've had in a while (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282337)

mickspawn 12-13-2010 12:46 AM

the most fun i've had in a while

Well guys, heaps of people have bagged this game. HOWEVER..
I think its one of the most entertaining games in ages! A great challenge, fun, addictive, great courses and controls etc.
I haven't been as addicted to a game in a long time!
Recommended to all to grab this one!
I love the avatar too. They should make every game use your avatar. Makes it much better in my opinion!
What does everyone else think?

WholeWorldBlind 12-13-2010 12:48 AM

Is this game free on XBL marketplace or something? Because otherwise I don't know if I need a potato chip themed racing game in my Achievements list...

McGoogles 12-13-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WholeWorldBlind (Post 3821971)
Is this game free on XBL marketplace or something?

Yes it's free; as well as Harm's Way.

On topic: This game is amazing and I wouldn't understand why people would hate on it, as it's free and comes with achievements.

Virus Unleashed 12-13-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickspawn (Post 3821962)
Well guys, heaps of people have bagged this game. HOWEVER..
I think its one of the most entertaining games in ages! A great challenge, fun, addictive, great courses and controls etc.
I haven't been as addicted to a game in a long time!
Recommended to all to grab this one!
I love the avatar too. They should make every game use your avatar. Makes it much better in my opinion!
What does everyone else think?

Agreed, Im having so much fun with this game, even after the 200. Great game, lots of fun.

spectreon 12-13-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGoogles (Post 3821983)
Yes it's free; as well as Harm's Way.

On topic: This game is amazing and I wouldn't understand why people would hate on it, as it's free and comes with achievements.

The idea of this game is great, the execution is where all the hatred stems from. The controls, response and inconsistency made me want to hurl my controller throw my HDTV (I refrained of course, but only just barely).

McGoogles 12-13-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spectreon (Post 3822767)
The idea of this game is great, the execution is where all the hatred stems from. The controls, response and inconsistency made me want to hurl my controller throw my HDTV (I refrained of course, but only just barely).

I fully understand that the time trials were annoying and failing them with 1 second over is frustrating to a high extent, but I thought that the controls were better than ever, in my opinion.

The only thing that made me the maddest was those giant swinging hammers, and, of course, Japan level 4.

yakuzzaa 12-13-2010 01:53 PM

a very good game and the best part of it, its free =)

marlo2123 12-13-2010 02:53 PM

I think its great. i spent most of my day yesterday playing it going for achievements and also just playing with a friend of mine cause it was just fun. Everyone should definitely get this game

LoKuS773 12-13-2010 06:51 PM

This is a GREAT game and part of that reason is because its free. I love the fact that when a challenging game comes out people always cry that its too hard. Please people i grew up playing the NES. STEP YA GAME UP!!!

nelsnelson 12-13-2010 07:46 PM

People are going to hate me for saying this but I wish they had another tier of medals, like platinum. Once you can finish a level w/o dying it pretty much gets you to gold.

And yeah, this is a pretty good game, helped by the use of your avatar.

phenominality 12-14-2010 09:53 PM

A very solid game, even more so with the price tag. I would not have been upset with myself at all for paying 400msp for it. Literally a steal, with the ability to hold up against other average arcade titles.

vaga69 12-14-2010 10:24 PM

i would have to agree...I dled this assuming it was going to be a 'YARIS' (real bad free game) and i played it for hours...and i am still playing this game...i would have paid 400 MSP for this no problem

Flik Nightshade 12-15-2010 10:09 AM

This game makes me want to break things and break them hard. After playing it for the first few courses, I turned to my friend and said: "I'm dropping to dashboard right now to vote against this thing. I haven't played the other game and I don't care. It could be about sucking monkey dicks and I wouldn't care. Fuck. This. Game."

And I stand by that statement. lol

phenominality 12-15-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flik Nightshade (Post 3828616)
"I'm dropping to dashboard right now to vote against this thing. I haven't played the other game and I don't care. It could be about sucking monkey dicks and I wouldn't care.

So you're saying under normal circumstances you would be interested in a game involving the sucking of monkey dicks? ;)

Flik Nightshade 12-15-2010 10:44 PM

Actually I was saying that under normal circumstances I wouldn't be interested in such a game but after having played this one, that idea doesn't sound quite as detestable. Ha.

xOhNoes11 12-16-2010 12:38 PM

I don't mind the small challenge and it's the best free game I've played in a while since Aegis Wing

mickspawn 12-23-2010 02:50 AM

there are a ton of games 1200/800/400msp that suck complete balls compared to this one :)

blinx615 12-23-2010 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsnelson (Post 3824070)
People are going to hate me for saying this but I wish they had another tier of medals, like platinum. Once you can finish a level w/o dying it pretty much gets you to gold.

And yeah, this is a pretty good game, helped by the use of your avatar.

Many more levels were planned including a level editor so you could design your own. However, the limitations of the contest didn't give them enough time to add it. Much of this has been created and programmed already but not completed entirely so it was left out.

The hope is that if the game wins the Doritos competition, they may decide to put a little more work in and create a new expansion for a few bucks that will include more levels and the level designer.

Here's the link to vote for the game and you can do it daily. You just set it up to queue the download for the pics and it counts as a vote for the game. Just log in to your 360 to do the download.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...887?cid=search

Less than a week left so do it now!

Syberpro 02-19-2011 05:13 AM

its fun but!

1. Time consuming

2. Frustrating achivments

MaggotElite89 08-31-2011 08:20 PM

I love this game and have continued to play it even after i got all 200

GrimReaperX4 10-01-2011 09:00 PM

I liked this game quite alot. It was especially fun in co-op racing to the goal with everyone.
The fact that it's free just makes it even more awesome.

Gamerscore Gods 10-30-2011 08:16 PM

Very enjoyable game. Great use of the avatars! loved watching my kenny costume do work on the course

Amok65 06-26-2012 11:51 AM

I downloaded this Game yesterday and I have already a lot of fun with it. I don't know why people hate on this game. First of all it's for free and the second point is that you don't have to download it, if you don't like it.

It's really funny and challenging to get all the Gold Medals and run in time trough the Finish.

WolfheartSpell 07-07-2012 03:04 AM

One of the games I had a blast with. It's a good game and hilarious when playing with friends. And it's free! (or was free, not sure about that now).

Corrupt. 09-03-2012 05:24 PM

I love this game, probably the most fun you can have for free on XBL!

yourbreakfast99 09-03-2012 05:32 PM

i got this game for the easy achievements nd still havent ever played it

ChickinOnaChain 09-03-2012 05:58 PM

You can't beat free. I wonder when another game like this will come out?

Kairi 09-18-2012 08:03 PM

I thought this was a pretty good game for a free game, and hopefully they will make more free games like this in the future!