XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1265)
-   -   Is this game really that hard? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283645)

Deathlorddanny 12-19-2010 09:23 PM

Is this game really that hard?

I bought this game thinking that it would be an easy 1000 but for some reason i keep reading that this game has a difficulty of 8 or so which is pretty high. Is this game as hard as people say it is.

Neverender 12-20-2010 01:52 AM

I didn't think so. Just stay in non-destructible cover and aim with blind shooting before you pop your head out and you shouldn't have problems. The bosses are the only part I'd say were truly difficult, but once you figure out what to do to kill them and how to avoid their attacks, you should be fine. Overall on the game, I'd say maybe 5-6/10; 8 is a massive exaggeration.

Dz06lt 12-20-2010 02:10 AM

Yes it really is, sure there are some joke achievements but to complete the game on maximum hazzard is a real accomplishment

ferrara316 12-21-2010 02:13 AM

im only on the 4th level... i wouldnt say its hard.. but frustrating and annoying at times is best to describe this game. The game itself is not too bad, just little things here and there will drive you crazy

anonymous ferret 12-26-2010 02:52 PM

O rly? Well my mate recommended it & said it's an easy 1k, hasn't done hard himself but said I'd blitz it because I'm a beast at shooters (his words not mine), so here goes. I'll give my 2p when I complete it =P

Going on hard mode straight away (obviously with the cheat code mentioned in the achieve guide).

Spengler PhD 03-22-2011 04:10 PM

maximum hazzard is pretty hard

zzamaro 05-06-2011 07:05 AM

Not really if you are into shooters but I couldn't stand it on my first playthough. I only needed the difficult achievements :(

Temp33t 05-10-2011 05:59 PM

It's not that hard. I'm almost done with the game on maximum hazard and i would say it' an 5,5/10.
It tends to be quite annoying sometimes :mad:

NrGxNanaki 05-16-2011 09:05 PM

I am playing through this game now on maximum hazard diff and its a piece of shit i hate this game and cant wait to 1k so i never have to play it AGAIN!!!

I would rather do WAW again on veteran as at least its fun unlike this pointless piece of crap!!

da vinci 06-23-2012 06:23 PM

funny game

NetroDude 12-04-2012 12:49 PM

I pissed through it

Destro 02-09-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NrGxNanaki (Post 4228669)
I am playing through this game now on maximum hazard diff and its a piece of shit i hate this game and cant wait to 1k so i never have to play it AGAIN!!!

I would rather do WAW again on veteran as at least its fun unlike this pointless piece of crap!!

This is why i usually avoid doing a game on the hardest setting... and NEVER EVER do it on the first playtrough unless somebody confirm its a cake walk like Clive Barker's Jericho.

I am playing this game currently, and i think its a lot of fun, sure a bit repetitive as there aint that much to do exept shoot, cover, shoot, but the story is interesting, the jokes are fun, and im enjoying it. I feat tough if i start the hardest difficulty after im done with normal, i may have a sour taste like you even if i manage to beat it. Thats why i will probably not do it, who cares anyway if i get 1000 on Matt Hazard? I like the game but its just a small little fun game, not a COD or a GOW...

Destro 02-11-2013 01:01 PM

The last boss battle(or more or less the minions that come along) really gave me a hard time on MAJOR Hazard, so i guess on maximum this would probably be a big pain... So for a mere 40 pts... nah forget that, im not going on hardest setting.

gumbulum 03-21-2013 11:13 AM

I just finished the Game on the highest Difficulty yesterday (first Playthrough). You are right, the three Minion-Waves are hard, but only because i had limited Ammunition (startet the battle with one full Hazard Pistol and an empty Plasma Blaster). There are two Spots you can stand on and get only a few hits, problem is running out to get more ammo. If you start with two full Weapons it is quite easy.

fifth5urvivor 06-28-2013 03:58 AM

Kudos to everyone who had an easy time with Maximum Hazard, this game kicks my ass.

Fragarach Luin 09-29-2013 07:29 PM

I'm at Dexter's Mansion right now, on Maximum Hazard, on my first playthrough, and I'm loath to say this game is hard. But on the other hand, there are sections that are unbelievably frustrating. My general impression, sadly, has been that the frustration is due not to difficulty, however, but instead to poor gameplay. I really want to like this game, if only for Will Arnett's sake. But I'm inclined to agree with its detractors that it is a poor game. Funny, but not quality.

Seasick Pirate 03-25-2014 08:41 AM

This game was a cakewalk. Especially considering all the complaints I've seen on here. I picked this game up for $5 and blasted through it, 1000/1000 it in two days. The tentacle monster was not a problem and easy to take down once you've seen the pattern. If you think you might like this game, I'd say go ahead and play it.

I will say the toughest part, and what took me the longest was the final stage. The final boss wasn't so bad but getting to it was a bit of a pain for me. The checkpoints were unlike previous levels and much further apart so a death meant having to clear out two or three rooms again instead of just one.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this game. The story and writing was more entertaining than most games I've played this generation. The humor in it was a lot better than I was expecting and played out differently as well. If you liked Saints Row 3 or 4 I'd say you'd probably like this as well. Not that they're similar games, but the self-referential humor was very well done in this game and those.