XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Space Channel 5: Part 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1992)
-   -   Achievement difficulty? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288615)

WaahhJedi 01-13-2011 02:44 AM

Achievement difficulty?

I only played Space Channel for twenty minutes on the Dreamcast so the achievements for this sound hard but I'm curious to know if anyone with more experience has any insight.

BoxNerd 01-13-2011 08:53 AM

They look very hard indeed lol

KayCeaEffahless 01-13-2011 09:27 AM

I used to love this game.....playing this back then,those were good times:) To answer the question...there should be a costume you can unlock that will automatically get 100% of the commands automatically in Story Mode(includes secret ones). So the only main difficulty i can think of is unlocking that costume itself. Then the rest becomes easy...Well then there's still dance mode, which if i remember correctly doesn't allow that costumes "special ability" to be used. SO i guess there's that too;)

Nawara Ven 01-13-2011 05:17 PM

And assuming that using the special costumes disables achievements (which is likely), the achivement difficulty will easily be 9 or 10 out of 10 for most normal humans; the secret commands give you pretty much no indication of where they are. I remember when I'd first played the game, there weren't even any guides that had 'em all.

The other thing is that Rock Band may have conditioned players a little more severely, so people who can do 100% expert achievments in that game shouldn't have trouble here... but that's a small percentage of players.

HamKet 01-13-2011 06:25 PM

I played this thoroughly on the PS2 back in 2003, and I ended up with 100% in all aspects of the game.

I wonder if I can do that again for the XBLA release?

KayCeaEffahless 01-14-2011 07:39 AM

I was able to 100% back then as well. I'm not sure if i'm able to still do, but i'm gonna give it a try either way...I gotta try for Space Michael!!!
Hopefully the "costume" I mentioned doesn't disable the achievement because my memory is very fuzzy for where all the secrets are. Though I still remember quite a few of them surprisingly.

FaSCoRP 02-26-2011 09:03 PM

This game should be using Kinect

strayhellcat 02-27-2011 08:34 PM

^ the game would not work using kinect, it's not that type of game.

Speaking as someone who 100%-ed the game on PS2, I don't think the achievements are *that* hard. When a secret is coming up, the background will actually flash for a second to give you a hint. It's fun and a challenging game, definitely not a chore - and hilarious!

The worst part is the stand alone dance mode, but even that just comes with practice. I've not played the game in YEARS and have already finished the normal levels, unlocked extra mode and got 25% and two costumes for Ulala's dance mode. And I really suck at games like Guitar Hero!

hydrosugar 03-16-2011 09:56 AM

yeah the achievemtns do look hard and im definately not gonna be able to get them all lol.

this is my first time playing space channel 5, but i became interested in it so i got it with the dreamcast collection with crazy taxi which i also wanted. lol for some reason im good at the fast parts like 'up down up down chu chu chu' but fail at the slow parts like 'right...right...right'

possibly the wrong place to ask but any tips for getting better on the slow parts:p

lol nm i think i got it. i just have to wait i bit longer in general. lol im on level 4 now so if i didnt have this down i think i would be stuffed

raidenhardcore 06-07-2013 09:53 AM

I cant even get Hello World its insane hard :uzi:

got after an hour of trying jeez