XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Axel & Pixel (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1488)
-   -   Hot Air Loon Level (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290948)

Odessa 01-26-2011 02:44 PM

Hot Air Loon Level

I cannot seem to get past the first bone without crashing/running out of fuel. I found a video where the person managed to float through without using hardly any gas. Can anyone give me tips on how to get through this level?

EDIT: Aaaand after countless tries I managed to do it right after posting. *facepalm*

gazmaster1 01-26-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odessa (Post 3941570)
I cannot seem to get past the first bone without crashing/running out of fuel. I found a video where the person managed to float through without using hardly any gas. Can anyone give me tips on how to get through this level?

EDIT: Aaaand after countless tries I managed to do it right after posting. *facepalm*

the boat mini game did my head in lol

Odessa 01-26-2011 07:52 PM

Uh oh. Really? I haven't even played through to get all the bones yet. Do they disappear once you've grabbed them and finished the level? This game is definitely not forgiving.

Prelude2disastr 01-27-2011 01:08 PM

Once you've collected stuff and completed the level, you don't have to get them again. That's how i got all the ones in the baloon level. Missed one in my first playthrough of it but knew i needed to sacrifice some health for it (i'm not a fancy controller of hot air baloons :P)

but yeah, complete a level and anything you've already collected stays collected. :)

Odessa 01-27-2011 02:21 PM

At least they don't show after each try. I had to redo it numberous times just to grab the one right after the stick. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazmaster1 (Post 3942263)
the boat mini game did my head in lol

Oh my... that one is going to drive me insane. I been able to get everything but that one. Talk about frustrating mechanics!

takuto neko 02-18-2012 09:45 AM

I want to know with the BONES in this level do you have to get them in all one go or can you crash/die and be okay? I just keep crashing so much that I die then it restarts the level so the bones reappear so I'm just unsure on that.

Bahaumaut 02-28-2013 06:21 AM

For anyone still curious about an answer, I was missing one bone from YEARS ago when I stopped playing. I had gotten the rest, beaten the level, and moved onto the next. Was afraid I would have to try with a new save. After coming back, I reloaded the save, went to play the game, and it gave me a chapter select. Tried the balloon level again, everything but the air tanks and one bone that was right near a short wall at the bottom.

So, if you complete the level, it saves what you've collected, removes them from future plays, and leaves only the uncollected ones. You MUST complete the level, as otherwise it doesn't register you having collected the bones.

Funny thing, said bone was one of the reasons I moved on to other games and didn't come back.