XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vanquish (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1633)
-   -   Why is there no love for this game? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292489)

Fat Grover 02-03-2011 01:45 AM

Why is there no love for this game?

I never heard/seen any ads for this game. I just happened to see it on Gamefly so I rented it. I have loved every minute thus far.

Heck, it inspired me to make a new sig... lol

Sh4d0w5h1ft3r 02-03-2011 03:17 AM

There actually was a few ads/promos for this game. Gamestop did their usual pre-order bonus stuff and some other places did similar things. Honestly, I like this game a lot too, I just haven't played it too much.:p
I'm trying to finish other games I'm closer to 100% and then go back and finish Vanquish. In my opinion, it was a very underrated game, as it kinda' slipped under the radar... but I got it and I love it.

I like your sig BTW. :)

venner 02-04-2011 01:18 PM

I just picked it up for 13.99 which is a great price for quite a new game. Only played 1st bit but liking it so far.

F TANK 02-04-2011 07:43 PM

Why no love?
-lots of bugs
-linear as hell
-same experience
-glitched achievements
-online is even more stripped down than the single player game
-MP rewards camping/sniping too heavily
-nothing new
-lackluster story/presentation
-typical shitty EA servers

jung4ever 02-04-2011 07:54 PM

I hear ya. I only played the demo, but really liked it. I'm gonna pick it up eventually. Fallout NV is taking up all my time now ;)
Oh yeah, nice job on the sig.

Hiigarian 02-04-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F TANK (Post 3968110)
Why no love?
-lots of bugs
-linear as hell
-same experience
-glitched achievements
-nothing new

Are you sure you're talking about Vanquish? Because the game had no bugs, all the achievements are OK, and lastly, but most importantly - the game is developed by Platinum Games / SEGA, not EA. It maybe doesn't have an MGS story and RPG non-linearity, but it is definitely a ultra fun experience worth giving into. :)

Krimson Spawn 02-05-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Why no love?
-lots of bugs
-linear as hell
-same experience
-glitched achievements
-nothing new

must have this game confused with madden or moh

Jamoo 1 02-05-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

EA? What game are you talking about? XD

Alpha Omega 502 02-05-2011 11:47 AM

Just playing through it now. Great game, I didn't like the demo very much but having read the reviews I picked it up and think its one of the best action games of last year! Like a mish mash of Gears of War and Lost Planet. Hope they do a sequel!

THUGGEDOUT 02-05-2011 06:52 PM

I remember seeing a trailer for it just before release but didn't bother picking it up. Then I saw a playthrough and thought it was worth picking up, loving it so far...

lineyscumbag 02-06-2011 11:58 PM

Just finished it (on casual) ,been fun ,just a nice "for the hell of it" break from COD / MOH type stuff. Time to go back for a bit of achievement hunting and maybe a crack at god hard for a laff. Might try Bayonetta off the back of this. Bloody good stunning visual fun.

Dewx Au 02-12-2011 01:41 AM

I'm very into it. So insane and crazy but that's waht makes or breaks a game I guess. Plus - Robert Burns is awesome! Ha.

Dewx Au 02-12-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Why no love?
-lots of bugs
-linear as hell
-same experience
-glitched achievements
-nothing new

1 - EA? You know EA got nothing to do with this right?
2 - VANQUISH has no multiplayer. Period.

So I'm guessing you're talking about Medal of Honor?

Agent Mantis 02-15-2011 07:46 AM

It came out just before black ops it was always going to be overlooked

Lucienna 02-15-2011 08:21 PM

I just finished it and really loved it. Yeah, the story is kinda of.. let's not talk about it (though I've REALLY seen worse), but it's just so so much speedy fun! :D

Penguino Rojo 02-22-2011 05:54 AM

I just finished my first play thru of this game, and I have to say I am in absolute awe.

Ok, so the story isn't completely there. Apparently there is a lot more to the background that they do not show. This isn't that big of a deal to me, mainly because this is something a lot of games have been doing for some time. Look at Gears of War! It being linear doesn't really matter, in fact it makes sense. Again, I refer to Gears of War. I would refer to Halo, but I don't think that counts.

Bugs and glitches? I didn't encounter any (maybe virtue of coming in after patches released)

Lack of any sort of multiplayer apparently is an issue for a lot of gamers these days. Article elsewhere on the site about that, i think it even mentions this game. It's sad, but I think this game could support a MP style.

I feel this game has a fair bit of replay-ability, mostly just in the fact that it's fun to load a level, almost any level at random, and rampage thru all the mechs, looking for different ways to blow them up with what's available.

As far as advertising, I do recall seeing some commercials, and there was an add on either Penny-Arcade.com or Nuklearpower.com that made me aware and curious about the game. It was on my 'to get once done I can afford it' list.

I have actually been bugging all my friends to get this game. I think it was good enough for that, and I would love to see the obviously intended sequel. Hopefully, like Gears of War, the sequel will shed more light on the setting, and why the Hillary Clinton-esque president was plotting with a pseudo-commy.

BosmaniaK 02-27-2011 11:28 AM

i loved this game!
very sorry the game didn't sell that good

BosmaniaK 02-27-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Why no love?
-lots of bugs
-linear as hell
-same experience
-glitched achievements
-nothing new

- i did not encounter bugs
- all achievements unlocked when they were supposed to
- there is no online, so there's 4 reasons gone (and EA? wtf?)

Spanish Assault 06-08-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Why no love?
-lots of bugs
-linear as hell
-same experience
-glitched achievements
-nothing new

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewx Au (Post 3989829)
1 - EA? You know EA got nothing to do with this right?
2 - VANQUISH has no multiplayer. Period.

So I'm guessing you're talking about Medal of Honor?

LOL Ultimate fail at F TANK

Dalhar 05-10-2012 02:09 PM

I loved this game! <3 <3 <3

xxDAMRONxx 06-24-2012 02:20 AM

AHAHHAHAHAHA...wow F Tank just posted the ULTIMATE FAIL lol

I agree with everyone this game is amazing. Doesn't seem Sega do much advertising though

R34L91 07-06-2012 10:46 PM

One of my fav games ever! After Red Dead Redemption this is my fav game! Too bad it did not sell too well but I really hope for a sequel. Maybe it is short but has lots of replay value Imo. Just a very nice single player experience and nowadays you can find it for less than 10$ or €, so if you do not buy it, its your own fault!

Gman2 09-09-2012 09:22 PM

This game clicked with me after a few minutes, some games like Fable 2, this and Alan Wake I loved but not at first.

Love the graphics, music and gameplay. Some annoying achievements though like not dying throughout the whole game. >_<
I like the misc achievements.

Infernal 11-20-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Why no love?
-lots of bugs
-linear as hell
-same experience
-glitched achievements
-nothing new

1 word for you. Hater. are you even in the right thread?

PredinCZ 12-14-2012 10:32 AM

Agreed. It's a really decent game. Kinda like GoW with turbo boost :) I think it hurts it just looks too Japanese and that's why people don't even give it a shot. Also, I heard it's rather difficult, but so far I've got to say I died really rarely (done with Act 3).

Hyperion 12-19-2012 05:15 AM

For me personally, the characters annoyed me, raspy bad voice acting, dull, forgettable characters and the story was boring. Those things make a game much more enjoyable to me. The graphics are good and for the actual gameplay it was pretty cool but yet again I felt limited as to what I could do, like it was all a set path if you get what I'm saying. More freedom would of been nice and suit upgrades too. Either way I did enjoy it and it was a good play :)

Also it's funny that someone mentions multiplayer and there is none because on the title screen it says "Online interactions not rated by the ESRB".

FrozenRaptorz 03-27-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredinCZ (Post 5461078)
Agreed. It's a really decent game. Kinda like GoW with turbo boost :) I think it hurts it just looks too Japanese and that's why people don't even give it a shot. Also, I heard it's rather difficult, but so far I've got to say I died really rarely (done with Act 3).

That's what I kept thinking. Wasnt awful that everybody is hating. So what if it had a smaller budget and different direction than what we wanted.

Pistol Pete III 04-09-2013 03:41 PM

This game is bad a** its like gears just more high tech and fast paced

Ratpoizen 07-31-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Why no love?
-lots of bugs
-linear as hell
-same experience
-glitched achievements
-nothing new

Wrong game - there are no bugs, its not an EA game, lots of new things mainly the fluid bespoke engine Platinum made, and most importantly theres no multiplayer. lol.

TheRedKing 08-21-2013 12:24 PM

Absolutely love this game. I promote it to friends whenever I can.