XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Doom II (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1493)
-   -   Achievement difficulty: Doom or Doom II (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299133)

terravexti 03-11-2011 01:23 AM

Achievement difficulty: Doom or Doom II

What achievements were was more difficult, Doom or Doom II?

The Nonexistenc 03-25-2011 08:02 AM

I'd like to say Doom, since half of the gamescore comes from playing the game on normal difficulty.

Doom II's achievements can mostly be done on the easiest difficulty. Even the punching the Cyberdemon can be done on that.

the482 04-16-2011 10:14 PM

Doom is overall harder since most of the achievements on Doom 2 are easy. However, ultra-violent is harder, for me at least, on Doom 2 so I voted Doom 2.

Nevander 04-17-2011 01:42 AM

Doom II's UV is harder by a hair, or at least it was for me. Plus you had to do eight extra levels for Superior Firepower. Doom as a whole was probably harder, achievement wise. In-game difficulty could probably given to Doom II.

vmu 05-21-2011 12:58 AM

This is tough, Doom's episode 4 on UV is brutally hard but the other 3 are kind of a joke. Doom II was difficult, and the extra 9 stages were even harder. Doom II gets the nod here, even harder if you didn't know the secrets ahead of time.

mjc0961 08-09-2011 10:04 PM

I have to give it to Doom 2. The game on Ultra Violence is harder than Doom 1 on Utlra Violence. This makes getting "Superior Firepower" harder than "RAMPAGE", and since both of those achievements are the hardest from each list, I would say it makes Doom 2 harder. None of the other achievements in either game are really that difficult.

RyanfaeScotland 08-10-2011 02:06 PM

Wow, interesting results.

Doom 2 got my vote as well based on the Ultra Violent play through. Only on level 11 so far and already it's tough as nails.

Spartanic Ghost 09-15-2011 01:55 PM

I just finished my UV run for DOOM II. I attempted a UV run through DOOM a year ago or so, but my game would freeze at certain points, typically after ending a level that would be followed by a text story. And now oddly enough I don't even have the full version. It claims to be free to download via the trial, but when I try to do so it comes up with an error code.

Anyways, DOOM seemed much harder, because of the lack of a super shotty. But aside from that one gleaming detail, I would Say DOOM II was harder. It's always gonna bug me that I never got that achievement for DOOM, but the Superior Firepower achievement eases the pain. :P

Inexxa 10-26-2011 07:29 AM

Just completed Icon of sin last night on UV, I killed the boss when I died and thankfully it said level complete :')

Now onto the second chapter! Doom 2 UV is so much harder than Doom 1 :/

DamagedWill 09-02-2012 03:08 AM

I'd say Doom 2. Only because of the ten Earth levels. They take FOREVER to get through and are more tedious than fun.