XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homefront (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1412)
-   -   Official Bitching thread! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300234)

CovertDog 03-16-2011 02:24 PM

Official Bitching thread!

Apparently this game needs one. There is to many individual threads. Please keep it here.

ShaolinShadow 03-16-2011 02:36 PM

lol dude we both made one i think at the same time or a few seconds a part, do me a favor delete the one i just made thanks

CovertDog 03-16-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaolinShadow (Post 4080314)
lol dude we both made one i think at the same time or a few seconds a part, do me a favor delete the one i just made thanks

lol Not a problem.

MC B0B x360a 03-16-2011 03:05 PM

I didn't want to make a new thread, but does anybody know if the devs of this game have a twitter page? I know the game itself has a twitter page, but the updates arent that great. Is there a Vahn/JD/402, like there is for COD games. I figured it would help to cut down the bitching if we got updates from the devs or community managers. Thanks

Double2Seven 03-16-2011 04:27 PM

Worst Fault of the Game !!
I was bored with the single player, it took me less than 4 hours , and it didnt make want more.

But the MP is quitte good , i dont mind the outdated graphic engine or the framerate or the animation of the soldieres , but as i noticed in the single player, bullet penetration is abssent , you cant kill 2 enemies with one bullet, neither you can shoot enemies behind thin sheet of metal or wood....

I hate that really so much.

Hope they solve it with a patch but i doubt it.

i NatrlKilla i 03-16-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a (Post 4080405)
I didn't want to make a new thread, but does anybody know if the devs of this game have a twitter page? I know the game itself has a twitter page, but the updates arent that great. Is there a Vahn/JD/402, like there is for COD games. I figured it would help to cut down the bitching if we got updates from the devs or community managers. Thanks

http://twitter.com/#!/DannyBilson
Edit: A couple more:
http://twitter.com/#!/KAOS_CHEFS
http://twitter.com/#!/HomefrontGame

Spanish Assault 03-16-2011 05:25 PM

my bitch is all the bitching going on in here....the game just came out...give it a month.

Lord Yamikage 03-16-2011 05:26 PM

Damn online achievements!!!! Why can't they be more like Halo - skill based or team based!!!

Okay, I'm done. :p

rockhopper 03-16-2011 05:27 PM

I hate how slow your character moves! GOD, it feels like you're trying to run through water.

ShaolinShadow 03-16-2011 05:29 PM

Omg can i move any slower i was playing mp and i move slow damn slow even running, i feel like im walking through quick mud

13ip0lar 03-16-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a (Post 4080405)

Quote:

Originally Posted by i NatrlKilla i (Post 4080675)

Good shit... noob question though, I have no freaking clue how twitter works, in so far as, is everything there that is posted will always be by him, or how does one distinguish? Sorry...I've just never understood twitter and find it confusing, unless you can make out via context clues that they are posting updates.

CougBigWood 03-16-2011 06:32 PM

I'm not the greatest at FPS, so Guerilla is a little challenging for me. Black Ops seemed easier to me (other than the corridor of doom). Maybe easier isn't the right word, but I feel like Homefront is the industry's new leader in "who the hell just killed me" on campaign.

Grenades seem to just show up right next to you. I seldom see them land. Oh and my biggest gripe so far: The "Follow" icon looks exactly the same as the grenade icon. I was stuck in the warehouse on level 3 forever because I was supposed to follow Boone and wouldn't see the grenade icon until it was too late.

i NatrlKilla i 03-16-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13ip0lar (Post 4080878)
Good shit... noob question though, I have no freaking clue how twitter works, in so far as, is everything there that is posted will always be by him, or how does one distinguish? Sorry...I've just never understood twitter and find it confusing, unless you can make out via context clues that they are posting updates.

Sort of. Most things there will be what he has said, but if it has a http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/twi...113-144324.jpg it means that someone else tweeted it, and he retweeted it.

Example, the Homefront twitter account tweeted, and he retweeted, so on his page it looks like this:
HomefrontGame Homefronthttp://www.theinternetpatrol.com/twi...113-144324.jpgby DannyBilson
GamePro Review: 4 of 5 Stars - "Homefront may prove a potent franchise in no time at all." http://bit.ly/ifnLw1

If he replies to someone, or is just tweeting at someone in particular, then it will look like this:
DannyBilson Danny Bilson
@Theechosen1 @thq please try again today. We are adding servers as fast as we can. Demand has been overwhelming.

To see what he was replying to, hover over any part of the tweet, and in the top right corner of it will be an arrow pointing to the right. Cliick that, and it should show what he was replying to. In the above case, he was replying to:

Theechosen1 Kevin A.
@thq @dannybilson more servers or not lag in homefront mp is a joke. Giving up on y'all and trading game to gamestop to recoup some of my $$

I hope that helps. I probably should have got screen prints, but I thought it quicker to lay it out like that, and I hope it still helps you understand it :)

Also, to stay on topic, I only have one thing to bitch about, and that's the fact that we in the UK don't get the game until Friday.

EDIT: I updated my reply to MC B0B with a couple more people to follow.

ShaolinShadow 03-16-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i NatrlKilla i (Post 4080950)
Sort of. Most things there will be what he has said, but if it has a http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/twi...113-144324.jpg it means that someone else tweeted it, and he retweeted it.

Example, the Homefront twitter account tweeted, and he retweeted, so on his page it looks like this:
HomefrontGame Homefronthttp://www.theinternetpatrol.com/twi...113-144324.jpgby DannyBilson
GamePro Review: 4 of 5 Stars - "Homefront may prove a potent franchise in no time at all." http://bit.ly/ifnLw1

If he replies to someone, or is just tweeting at someone in particular, then it will look like this:
DannyBilson Danny Bilson
@Theechosen1 @thq please try again today. We are adding servers as fast as we can. Demand has been overwhelming.

To see what he was replying to, hover over any part of the tweet, and in the top right corner of it will be an arrow pointing to the right. Cliick that, and it should show what he was replying to. In the above case, he was replying to:

Theechosen1 Kevin A.
@thq @dannybilson more servers or not lag in homefront mp is a joke. Giving up on y'all and trading game to gamestop to recoup some of my $$

I hope that helps. I probably should have got screen prints, but I thought it quicker to lay it out like that, and I hope it still helps you understand it :)

Also, to stay on topic, I only have one thing to bitch about, and that's the fact that we in the UK don't get the game until Friday.

i like how they put gamepro which cant rate shit, ign,gamepot,g4tv gave it 7.0,7.5,3/5

Gackt 03-16-2011 06:45 PM

Game is horrible... MP could have been fun but you either get laggy played hosted games instead of dedicated servers, or you just get errors and can't play at all. I don't like the SP much...it's not fun at all. So disappointed I was expecting so much from this game.

tripleb2k 03-16-2011 08:48 PM

- campaign is a grenade spam like world at war (not 3-4 at a time, but an endless amount).
- guns are really underpowered
- headshots with a shotgun don't always work
- invisible walls everywhere
- game says, 'Follow' your A.I. counterparts but it really means, you lead and draw their fire.
- people called medal of honor a shooting gallery... well this is too.
just been playing for an hour so that's all I've found. haven't tried online yet.

Nevander 03-16-2011 08:52 PM

I have three problems with this game:
  1. Grenades.
  2. Veteran-style enemies.
  3. Multiplayer achievements.
:p

deceiver213 03-16-2011 11:25 PM

worst game ever... in all retrospects

the more i play the more i hate it

sir_taugs 03-17-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmona25 (Post 4080764)
my bitch is all the bitching going on in here....the game just came out...give it a month.

I totally agree. I'll bitch about people bitching about nothing. Give it some time the bugs will be worked out. Blops still hasn't been fixed and its been out a long time. And there is least a monthly update so yeah. Quit ya Bitchin!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deceiver213 (Post 4081937)
the more i play the more i hate it

Then why do you keep playing?

Gackt 03-17-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmona25 (Post 4080764)

Give it a month? Fuck that... games should be good to go when they launch, not "hey..heres shitty buggy game where half the features don't work but you can pass the time playing our 3 hour campaign until we fix it"
Game actually gets worse the more you play it..start noticing even more problems.

-To few weapons in MP
-3 hour campaign
-Poor graphics
-Server issues/forced to play player hosted rooms
-Slow,sluggish controls
-2 gametypes..
just to name a few things..

Spyforhire 03-17-2011 02:20 AM

I would compare this game to Rogue Warrior, in that respect, this game kicks ass! My complaint, besides always having glue on my shoes... why do I always get shot behind cover? I first through maybe my head is sticking out. So I ducked. That did no good, so I went prone. This seems to work sometimes. I am always finding myself getting shot when someone is on the other side of a building or a wall. This drives me nuts.

DENAz666 03-17-2011 02:23 AM

Such a joke, they hyped this game this game up so much too

ShaolinShadow 03-17-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyforhire (Post 4082485)
I would compare this game to Rogue Warrior, in that respect, this game kicks ass! My complaint, besides always having glue on my shoes... why do I always get shot behind cover? I first through maybe my head is sticking out. So I ducked. That did no good, so I went prone. This seems to work sometimes. I am always finding myself getting shot when someone is on the other side of a building or a wall. This drives me nuts.

having glue on my shoes this is probably the best way to describe the movement, its ridiculously slow

DENAz666 03-17-2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaolinShadow (Post 4082495)
having glue on my shoes this is probably the best way to describe the movement, its ridiculously slow

lol I actually started laughing when I first did the gimp sprint :P Seriously looks so stupid

ShaolinShadow 03-17-2011 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENAz666 (Post 4082585)
lol I actually started laughing when I first did the gimp sprint :P Seriously looks so stupid

can you imagine putting a fire under his ass and watching him gimp sprint that shit be pretty funny kinda doing a speed walk like he got shit coming out of his ass

Spyforhire 03-17-2011 03:38 AM

I have to take a break from this game. I'm running into glitches now. On level 4, I'm trying not to die or reload a checkpoint. How am I supposed to beat the level when the Goliath is gone and all I can see is floating bricks or red C4? WTF? I had to reload because I ran out of rockets just shooting the blocks, which didn't work. Goliath never showed up?!

leeloo 03-17-2011 04:13 AM

I'd bitch extensively about this game but it's not worth my time anymore. In total it took about 4.5 hours - including maybe 1 hour of going back to redo some missions to get some of the SP cheevos. This game takes the cake for duping me with touting a 'pivotal story' .. "from the writer of Red Dawn" etc. and really does not deliver at all. After release date then you hear talk about how the focus is more on MP rather than SP. Lovely.

Lots of glitches and annoyances in gameplay makes it feel like a PS2 game from 10+ years ago. MP is decent but you can get such a thing from tons of other games out there without having to buy this pile of crud.

JVodka 03-17-2011 04:44 AM

this is a bullshit game on the highest difficulty.

Can't throw back grenades, you move slow as shit, enemies can fucking shoot through your goddamn cover, and the checkpoints are awful.

just all around horrible waste of $60. Fuck THQ, this is going on ebay.

TimespliTT 03-17-2011 05:12 AM

ima bitch at how fast people kill me in mp. I was going to a corner, see my teammate, see a guy following him RUNNING, before i could even coil my gun to help i was shot a dead. then he threw a couple knifes killing the guy he was chasing.

i cant really bitch about it in this game alone because it happens in all fps games but i look left, look right, go left, then get killed by enemy from the right.

Suki 03-17-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaolinShadow (Post 4082495)

This is how all fps used to be ever played GRAW 1 & 2?, COD changed all that when they gave u a guy that could litterlly tear around at 15mph constantly with a gun and backpack which is just like real life right? so u wanna blame somebody blame COD.