XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homefront (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1412)
-   -   Is Homefront worth getting (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303654)

DOOOOM 04-03-2011 12:04 AM

Is Homefront worth getting

I have been looking into this game for a while but not sure whether to get it or not any thought ? :)

binda11 04-03-2011 12:11 AM

Seriously you should get it now while theres lots of people playing it online. The campaign is short and sweet or not so sweet to some people. The multiplayer is different for sure and worth a blast. Allso the trade in price will still be about 30 until may.

DOOOOM 04-03-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binda11 (Post 4128951)
Seriously you should get it now while theres lots of people playing it online. The campaign is short and sweet or not so sweet to some people. The multiplayer is different for sure and worth a blast. Allso the trade in price will still be about 30 until may.

Ok thanks i will look into that :)

bushmaster2000 04-03-2011 02:47 AM

Meh.... The campaign is very quick, like 5 hours per playthru and i went through it 3 times doing all the campaign cheevs. So if you want something more than playing the same 5 hours three times, then no not worth getting.

Multiplayer was broken for two weeks post-launch, you couldn't connect and couldn't play with friends. Two weeks later the servers actually work but all my friends have moved on so it doesn't matter that the servers have been fixed to me, i can still only game with randoms.

There's only a few maps and it seems like every day the system picks the two maps of the day and that's all you play again and again. WHich is good if you want to get to know the maps but it gets old fast.

On the plus side, 32 player matches run smooth and lag free.

SubG3nius 04-03-2011 11:49 AM

Yeah the multiplayer is really great when it works and you get in a online game, the singleplayer is short but lots of action and still pretty decent if they fix the bugs and glitches it suffers from.

13ip0lar 04-03-2011 04:03 PM

No...I would recommend it, but you wouldn't be missing anything. So it's really not worth your time. Not to mention they haven't smoothed over their multiplayer issues in a months time, and skirmish (p2p) gameplay is p2p at it's worst. It's unplayable basically, I would avoid it. You should be having fun in your free time, and doing something you won't have second thoughts about putting hours into. Just my opinion...

Again, not great, not terrible, but definitely not worth your time.

Eazynem Makaveli 04-03-2011 04:05 PM

Not worth getting. i've just finished the campaign in a day and i played the online for a while and well i don't like it also i don't like the online achievements. Now the shitty game is going back to Gamestop and i'm trying to see if i can get some money back.

Spanish Assault 04-03-2011 06:26 PM

If you like Bad Company 2 then you might like this game. You need to be tactical, cause if you want to run around a gun like COD then you wont have fun.

Battle Commander + Battle Tank = so much fun!!

redassassin12 04-03-2011 08:51 PM

its a rent i personally think, short but fun campaign and some entertaining multiplayer, still, dont invest $60 or whatever dollars into it. rent it

Mega Mayo Man 04-03-2011 10:31 PM

Can I just point out that if you do rent it you will NOT be able to play online without PURCHASING an 'EA Battle Code'.

And just to point out aswell that this game and any other EA game with a single-use activation code for multiplayer will no longer be in any 10 day exchange or money back guarantee scheme in any game shops (at least in the UK).

On-topic: I'm enjoying the multiplayer when I can get on lol it's brilliant just got to wait a bit to get the right game. The single player seems a bit bland so I stopped after level 1 for the moment, the graphics aren't amazing but the gameplay is fun which is what I go for personally. Hence why I traded in Crysis 2 for this instead.

AoA Requiem 04-04-2011 01:06 AM

Personally I'm glad that I picked this up.. I have played Black Ops MAYBE twice since Homefront has come out and I much prefer this. If you're mostly into single player, I'd say no, it is way too short and not very challenging even on the hardest difficulty. There are a lot of people selling/trading the game in, so see if you can pick it up from someone that doesn't like it cheap..

Oh yeah and I believe you can still play multiplayer if you rent and don't use the code, but you can't go beyond rank 5.

Mega Mayo Man 04-04-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AoA Requiem (Post 4131619)
Oh yeah and I believe you can still play multiplayer if you rent and don't use the code, but you can't go beyond rank 5.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

SubG3nius 04-04-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega Mayo Man (Post 4131304)
PURCHASING an 'EA Battle Code'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega Mayo Man (Post 4131304)
any other EA game

EA has nothing to do with this game.

Vanilla Coke Zero 04-04-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binda11 (Post 4128951)

very different? it's a CoD/BF clone. trade in price? those should be considered curse words. TS, just save your money and get the latest CoD when it comes out.

Kayin 04-04-2011 08:18 AM

Or you could buy this and forget the next CoD! Everyone wins!

Basically, great multiplayer and a decent but brief singleplayer campaign. It's not the best game ever, but I generally despise playing FPS titles online. This one's pretty decent.

Eazynem Makaveli 04-04-2011 02:20 PM

Here is an Update..

i got rid of Homefront and sold it to another Games store and i'm now happy. i don't like the short campaign and the online. i played the weak online for a while and i got sick of it. The bad game made me realized i should rent out any future new military games except successful Call of Duty Modern Warfare games.

SneakyofSneaks 04-04-2011 02:25 PM

It's a good game, so much better than COD could ever be, yeah story is short in SP but MP is great and dedicated servers are so much better than P2P.

djhepcat 04-06-2011 03:16 AM

I would say rent it

JMStroud3 04-06-2011 02:22 PM

I agree...rent it

Kuruma Zenichi 04-06-2011 04:56 PM

DO NOT BUY. do not give thee jokers your money. the price dropped from 60 to 40 in a week and there is a reason for that, this game really sucks. period. i cant believe there are people in this forum that said its better than COD. yea, black ops was a let down, but no way, this game doesnt even come close to bad company or medal of honor, and those games were barely average. campaign is short, and in mutltiplayer, there is just way too much going on, between tanks and airstrikes and choppers and drones and wolverines and infantry, just way too much to keep track of, yea call of duty has these, but its different when they do it, its better the way cod does it. this game is a joke. people who take this game seriously are a joke. people who think its better than cod are a joke. i rented it for 3.50 and feel i got ripped off. and i finishe dit and reached level 50 in multiplayer before i made any posts about it. i put 30 hours into it before i made my judgement, and i play all shooters.

Foxxy kyle 04-06-2011 11:46 PM

I freaking love these missions!

DrizzlyKOREY420 04-16-2011 10:57 PM

borrow it like i did if you can then all you gotta do is pay ten bucks and boom youll have fun but if you buy it you might look in the mirror say your worthless and stick your finger down your throat.

AoA Requiem 04-17-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eazynem Makaveli (Post 4132862)
The bad game made me realized i should rent out any future new military games except successful Call of Duty Modern Warfare games.

:rolleyes:

Anji 04-17-2011 07:49 AM

I would say rent it, but it is a good game that could be great with polish.

Multilayer is were it is at in home front and it isn't the run of the mill corner campers dominating affair.

Mega Mayo Man 04-17-2011 12:13 PM

I like the Battle Commander feature the most from this game, and although I may sound like a fanboy when I say this, I REALLY hope future multiplayer games implement this to counter-act the camping side of things.

I don't think it's overpowering for people who are genuinely good, but to highlight an area where an enemy has achieved anywhere from 3 to 15 kills is a great way to get the corner-scouting campers a lesson learnt

Spanish Assault 04-17-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega Mayo Man (Post 4163957)
I like the Battle Commander feature the most from this game, and although I may sound like a fanboy when I say this, I REALLY hope future multiplayer games implement this to counter-act the camping side of things.

I don't think it's overpowering for people who are genuinely good, but to highlight an area where an enemy has achieved anywhere from 3 to 15 kills is a great way to get the corner-scouting campers a lesson learnt

wow...I wondered why I loved BC so much and that just clicked...it stops campers....love that!

littlejay 04-17-2011 10:07 PM

made me sad i paid for it. will end up trading it in for mortal kombat and gamefly it for the last couple of achievements and send it back

damtalldylan 04-17-2011 11:43 PM

The single player shows an extreme lack of effort filled with Cliche characters from the badass who doesn' play by the rules to the woman with a sensitive side up until the point where her friend is killed. The multiplayer is unique. That's about the best word I can describe it as. Save your money for good games like Battlefield 3 or L.A. Noire.

TriRock 04-18-2011 12:34 PM

No. Short, dissapointing campaign, and tedious multiplayer don't make a good buy. The graphics are about three years behind the competition, and both SP and MP are full of bugs and glitches. The terrible achievements serve only to distract from the fact that there's very little than repeat, repeat, and repeat the same crap over and over again. Especially if the buggy servers wipe your progress.

Having high hopes, I pre-ordered the game, but I can't give more than 2 out of 5 stars.

MLG=Most Likely Gay 04-18-2011 11:17 PM

Do not buy it used, you will have to pay an extra $10 to unlock multi player. very upset when i found this out.