XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   L.A. Noire (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1639)
-   -   Achievement Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304274)

Barad 04-06-2011 09:52 AM

Achievement Discussion
 
Discuss the achievements here.

InsaneKane87 04-06-2011 10:02 AM

They are all awesome! :P

One of my fav's is Public Menace - Rack up $47,000 in penalties during a single story case.

That outta be fun :P It woulda been cool if there was one for planting evidence on someone :P how evil would that be lol

Sgt Hartman 87 04-25-2011 05:02 PM

I think this looks like a very good list. With a decent guide shouldn't be too difficult to 1000G. Love the one for keeping your hat on during a brawl!!

TheToiletBrush 04-25-2011 06:26 PM

I really like this list. Looks fun and interesting without a whole lot of grinding or achievements that if missed require an entire playthrough.

rabblerouser 04-26-2011 12:34 AM

I was hoping to be 'good cop' but a lot of the achievements are for killing people and stealing cars lol

vetteindreams 04-26-2011 02:51 AM

how do you all think that the 5star missions thing will work and will it mean that missions are repeatable?

animeaddict42 04-26-2011 05:00 AM

Seems like a fantastic mix of a) story progression, b) completion, and c) fun achievements. Special tip of the hat to Keep A Lid On.

War3agle13 04-26-2011 08:11 PM

These achievements are perfect. I wish other developers would have lists like this.

GalaxyRed13 04-26-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetteindreams (Post 4184576)
how do you all think that the 5star missions thing will work and will it mean that missions are repeatable?

Recent videos have mentioned that the game allows you to replay cases, to get better ratings.

IXISHADOW 05-02-2011 11:36 PM

Replay to get better rankings? So pretty much what happened with The Ballad of Gay Tony on GTA IV. That feature was epic if I say so myself. What I love about Rockstar games is the fact you can gain so much gamerscore while having so much fun! Weeks if not days after completing GTA IV I had like 750 GS. But as with most Rockstar games alot of the achievements are easy then you have some massive grinds :(. I guess it balances the game out but I am so stoked for this! :woop:

vetteindreams 05-03-2011 12:04 AM

awesome that there is probably the ability to redo chapters

so how did you earn stars in The Ballad of Gay Tony?

is it like the 'S' rank in RE5 for example (including similar success parameters)?

hawk199 05-03-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetteindreams (Post 4199601)
awesome that there is probably the ability to redo chapters

so how did you earn stars in The Ballad of Gay Tony?

is it like the 'S' rank in RE5 for example (including similar success parameters)?

I guess 5 stars is getting ever clues and questions correct, judging from the video, but maybe the $$ will have effect also?

http://i53.tinypic.com/2daj2mb.jpg

vetteindreams 05-04-2011 04:57 AM

will there also be a time constraint, accuracy etc?

FeatherbottomMR 05-04-2011 05:47 PM

sounds like a fun and great list.....

Barad 05-19-2011 12:39 PM

1200G's total already is nothing I expected this soon, 100% is gonna be fun and 5 stars look easier than I thought, at least it won't be all a grind, 24 hours to go!

xKRAIZEEMANx 05-19-2011 11:11 PM

No time constraints, you can go back and redo missions, & damage to cars/people/city will deduct from overall star rating.
I am loving the achievements, though they are not exactly forthcoming. But I did not pay $60 to burn through this game in a day.
Also, I keep getting my dang hat knocked off!!!

JuSt BLaZe 05-20-2011 09:52 PM

Sticky Icky Icky!
 
Can someone PLEASE STICKY this or put it into Tyger's Useful Links Thread since it's the main-thread in almost every forum here. Thanks guys! :cool:

JonathanT32 05-21-2011 02:48 AM

This question has probably been answered numerous times, but I want to know what the hell disc #2 and #3 are for? I put them both in and they start up exactly like disc #1, so I was like fuck it and just popped #1 back in. :eek:

GalaxyRed13 05-21-2011 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanT32 (Post 4238967)
This question has probably been answered numerous times, but I want to know what the hell disc #2 and #3 are for? I put them both in and they start up exactly like disc #1, so I was like fuck it and just popped #1 back in. :eek:

You have to use Disc 2 to access most of the cases in Homicide, as well as the first case in Vice. Disc 3 uses most cases in Vice, and all of Arson.

Also, the free-roams are similar. Traffic free-roam can only be accessed on disc 1. Homicide is on disc 2, and Vice/Arson is on disc 3.

Barad 05-21-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalaxyRed13 (Post 4238994)
You have to use Disc 2 to access most of the cases in Homicide, as well as the first case in Vice. Disc 3 uses most cases in Vice, and all of Arson.

Also, the free-roams are similar. Traffic free-roam can only be accessed on disc 1. Homicide is on disc 2, and Vice/Arson is on disc 3.


Does that mean we have to keep switching discs to get certain achievements?

JuSt BLaZe 05-21-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himalaybarad (Post 4239529)
Does that mean we have to keep switching discs to get certain achievements?

Haha funny question. ;) Well I'd say mostly to get the "unmissable cheevos" like story-progress etc. You can still earn the miscellaneous ones (Film Reels, Landmarks etc.) via Free-Roam mode on EVERY disc.

DBurchHero 05-21-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe (Post 4239672)
Haha funny question. ;) Well I'd say mostly to get the "unmissable cheevos" like story-progress etc. You can still earn the miscellaneous ones (Film Reels, Landmarks etc.) via Free-Roam mode on EVERY disc.

This......

Barad 05-21-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe (Post 4239672)
Haha funny question. ;) Well I'd say mostly to get the "unmissable cheevos" like story-progress etc. You can still earn the miscellaneous ones (Film Reels, Landmarks etc.) via Free-Roam mode on EVERY disc.


That's good to hear but wait..if I drive say 50 cars on the first disc..then put in the third..my save is still there right? don't have to start over or anything?

JonathanT32 05-21-2011 02:14 PM

Another question. I haven't been getting any street crime calls in on the radio since I've been promoted to homicide. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? (and yes I'm in a police car.)

JuSt BLaZe 05-21-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himalaybarad (Post 4239796)
That's good to hear but wait..if I drive say 50 cars on the first disc..then put in the third..my save is still there right? don't have to start over or anything?

YES, don't worry about that. It's a extra game-save, no matter how many times you'll switch discs, you keep your COLLECTIBLES as long as you get to the next save-checkpoint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanT32 (Post 4239806)
Another question. I haven't been getting any street crime calls in on the radio since I've been promoted to homicide. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? (and yes I'm in a police car.)

Street Crimes are not always available. Depends on the day-time. Just drive around and sooner or later you'll get the call. I'd first complete ALL CASES cause only then ALL STREET CRIMES will be available and then simply FREE ROAM to get one after another.

JuSt BLaZe 05-21-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collective008 (Post 4240090)
It is going to be tough to get all the vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by collective008 (Post 4240092)
It's hard to find some of the golden films...

!You can use the EDIT-BUTTON in the lower right corner of your post. Saves you the double/tripple posts.!

The golden film reels are really not that bad. Did them all in one day. The vehicles though are IMO the most pain in the ass achievement for this game!

DevilDawg064 05-22-2011 03:15 AM

I think the only one that will give me trouble will be the car collecting one.

JuSt BLaZe 05-22-2011 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDawg064 (Post 4241161)
I think the only one that will give me trouble will be the car collecting one.

Yeah, I'm @ 85/95 "Vehicle Types Driven" and I'm NOT looking forward collecting the last 10. But ey fuck it, better than hunting down 200 hidden birds (GTA IV) right. :p

Barad 05-22-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe (Post 4241185)
Yeah, I'm @ 85/95 "Vehicle Types Driven" and I'm NOT looking forward collecting the last 10. But ey fuck it, better than hunting down 200 hidden birds (GTA IV) right. :p


Call me crazy but I found finding the 200 pigeons a LOT easier, quicker and funner than finding a few horses on Red Dead :P These last few cars could be a real bitch I have a feeling..the map is so huge on this game and some cars are probably rare and can only be found in certain areas at certain times :/ just my guess though don't take my word for it.

JuSt BLaZe 05-22-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himalaybarad (Post 4241834)
Call me crazy but I found finding the 200 pigeons a LOT easier, quicker and funner than finding a few horses on Red Dead :P These last few cars could be a real bitch I have a feeling..the map is so huge on this game and some cars are probably rare and can only be found in certain areas at certain times :/ just my guess though don't take my word for it.

Hehe, we'll see. I'll leave this cheevo for my last one and finish the rest first. But if I see any suspicious cars I'll hop right in haha. Many in this forum already reached 100% in this game, so for veterans like us it won't be that much of a hassle. :cool:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.