XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Michael Jackson: The Experience (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1801)
-   -   Beat It Dance Detection (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306192)

Superman1180 04-17-2011 04:46 PM

Beat It Dance Detection
 
First, I'd like to preface this and say I'm NOT a professional dancer by any stretch of the imagination....

However, I've noticed on some songs (Beat It) is one example, the dance detection is not consistant at the end of the song.

Example: During "Chorus 4" (I got the section name from the practice mode) the moves for that section I receive "Miss" or "Almost" marks all the time. I don't get it. When I do the move where you raise you arms up and then down (Sorry for the lacking description) in earlier sections, no problems...

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a seceret to getting those moves to detect better other than tuning the Kinect (Which I've done.)

I also noticed this a bit in "Can't Stop Til' You Get Enough".

Freakboyjoker 04-18-2011 07:13 PM

RIGHT!!!! Like every time at the last chorus it's like "YOU WILL "MISS" EVERYONE EVEN THOUGH YOU DID IT RIGHT BEFORE MUHAHAHA!!!" i dont know how many times i played it just to beat it (no pun intended)

Superman1180 04-18-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakboyjoker (Post 4167304)
RIGHT!!!! Like every time at the last chorus it's like "YOU WILL "MISS" EVERYONE EVEN THOUGH YOU DID IT RIGHT BEFORE MUHAHAHA!!!" i dont know how many times i played it just to beat it (no pun intended)

So you were able to finally get 5 stars on it? What was your score?

TanyaSpace 04-19-2011 03:42 PM

Was just thinking the same. Did fine through the whole song and towards the end I seem to get worse.
Had just over 150k and if the end bit had been tracked properly,
I very likely would have had 5 stars :(

Satman9 04-19-2011 07:16 PM

superman, freakboy does not have the cheeve for beat it, right now.. neither do i ,for that matter, been very close, but no dice.

Spinoff90 04-20-2011 12:17 AM

I find the game as a whole seems to have tracking issues but yeah Beat It in particular goes to hell at the end of the song. Would be one thing if it closed with a bunch of new moves but to get a bunch of misses on moves you have been getting good on at worst seems like a glitch to me.

Superman1180 04-20-2011 02:55 AM

I've submitted this as a bug to Ubisoft, however, they responded saying "the issue you are having is related to general gameplay hints and tips that is either covered in the manual, or is available via another source such as the Ubisoft forums".

Of course I looked on their site and they have NO MJTE forums. I've responded requesting they look at this case as I can reproduce the issue EVERY TIME I play that song. So we'll see.

Spinoff90 04-20-2011 06:56 AM

UbiSoft support are beyond useless so doubt it will get anywhere :p

Freakboyjoker 04-21-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman1180 (Post 4167816)
So you were able to finally get 5 stars on it? What was your score?

i got to like 17,000 yet no 5 stars its getting kind of aggervating but its REALLY close though. maybe 17,500 or 18,000.

Superman1180 04-22-2011 01:49 AM

I've gotten up to 153,000. I think 5 Stars is 155,000 if I had to guess as at 153K I had 4 stars and the 5th was practically filled except for a small portion. I think the 153K though was pure luck as I average about 148K per try. This is all in performance mode BTW.

Spinoff90 04-22-2011 04:49 AM

Have still yet to see anybody with this. If it is even possible then it seems that every other part is pretty much going to have to be perfect ratings. Has anybody tried anything like reversing the direction of the moves, just screwing around and seeing if some kind of random movement might get detecetd etc.

Superman1180 04-22-2011 05:17 AM

When I have some time to play it (I have kids and not much time during the week to play louder kinect games) I plan on toying around with that section in practice mode to see if anything will trigger a rating of at least "Ok" so the multiplier doesn't got back to 0.

I'll post if I find something that works.

TanyaSpace 04-29-2011 12:21 PM

My hubby just got the achievement on his tag!
Just thought I let you know it IS do-able :)
He has a score of 170.150

Superman1180 04-29-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TanyaSpace (Post 4192079)
My hubby just got the achievement on his tag!
Just thought I let you know it IS do-able :)
He has a score of 170.150

Any tips on what helped him get it? I've yet to be successful with some specific move during the "Chorus 4" section of the song.

TanyaSpace 04-29-2011 01:50 PM

Basically just dance with the music rather than the background dancers :)
Probably has to do with slight input lag through Kinect.
Will have a go at this tomorrow too.

TanyaSpace 04-30-2011 09:54 AM

I just got it too. It went to 5 stars at 169.100.
:)
Has anyone else tried yet?

Satman9 04-30-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TanyaSpace (Post 4193983)
I just got it too. It went to 5 stars at 169.100.
:)
Has anyone else tried yet?

tried yes, succeeded , no. your hubby's solution is sound though. I will be giving it a better try on sunday. still in pain from thriller master on thursday ;-).

TanyaSpace 04-30-2011 02:49 PM

LOL yeah :) I heard youīre pretty hardcore! Well done!

Superman1180 04-30-2011 06:30 PM

Still have yet to be successful. Are the dance cards better to go by than the dancers? Trying to go by the music is throwing me off a bit since the dance moves aren't exactly the same as in the video and such.

I'm going to try again later today.

TanyaSpace 04-30-2011 06:41 PM

Learn what the cards mean move wise (donīt have to tell you that I think), and do them with the music. Itīs not easy to ignore the dancers at first but as said above, in the end bit the dancers are off. And if you go by them, you get your "almostīs" and "misses". You WILL get there, Iīm sure :)
Just keep trying.

Superman1180 05-01-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TanyaSpace (Post 4194689)
Learn what the cards mean move wise (donīt have to tell you that I think), and do them with the music. Itīs not easy to ignore the dancers at first but as said above, in the end bit the dancers are off. And if you go by them, you get your "almostīs" and "misses". You WILL get there, Iīm sure :)
Just keep trying.

Thanks for the clarification. At first when you said to go with the music I wasn't sure if your meant ignore both the timing for the cards AND the dancers.

I'll definitely give it another go and see how it goes. Your help is GREATLY appreciated! I'm really enjoying this game!
:)

TanyaSpace 05-01-2011 02:25 AM

Iīm loving the game too :)

You canīt really ignore the cards completely unless you know all the moves and the order etc.

For some songs it seems to work best to go by the cards timing, others even work if you go by the dancers and then the end of Beat it for example is best done by going with the music.

If you have a fancy audio setup, that could cause additional lag... so you might have to figure out what works best for you in which song.
I can only say what works for me and my hubby and hope that helps some people to figure out the best way for them.

I really hope they patch this so people donīt have to work around issues like this :-/

Satman9 05-01-2011 04:41 PM

yah, i thank you very much for the help, but im simply not getting it, if anything i'm getting worse.. i truly believe this will never be patched so without a video guide on how to do your workaround i fear i will never get this one..oh well, again thank you anyway

Superman1180 05-01-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satman9 (Post 4196371)
yah, i thank you very much for the help, but im simply not getting it, if anything i'm getting worse.. i truly believe this will never be patched so without a video guide on how to do your workaround i fear i will never get this one..oh well, again thank you anyway

I've tried the song a few more times and I'm still trying to get the timing of the cards down. That seems to be the issue. The question I have is "When do you transition to the next move card?"

Is it when the current move card is at "1" when counting down or is it when the new move card is in the current move card position? I'm still playing around with it when I can so hopefully I'll nail it.

Satman9 05-01-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman1180 (Post 4196648)
I've tried the song a few more times and I'm still trying to get the timing of the cards down. That seems to be the issue. The question I have is "When do you transition to the next move card?"

Is it when the current move card is at "1" when counting down or is it when the new move card is in the current move card position? I'm still playing around with it when I can so hopefully I'll nail it.

good luck man, keep us posted..im so angry right now i cant even see straight..miss' in spots i've been given perfect a thousand times, smooth is hassling me too.

Superman1180 05-01-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satman9 (Post 4196718)
good luck man, keep us posted..im so angry right now i cant even see straight..miss' in spots i've been given perfect a thousand times, smooth is hassling me too.

I tried again and GOT IT! 5 Stars! They key is to watch the cards, but not all the time. Like TanyaSpace said earlier. I noticed inconsistencies at a few different points in the song, but the BIGGEST was during Chorus 4 towards the end. I still got a few misses, but not nearly as much as usual thus I was able to keep my multiplier longer and that's what did it.

Smooth Criminal is a problem too. I don't have the stamina to takle that beast quite yet. Working on Workin' Day and Night currently. Good lord this one is giving me issues....

Satman9 05-01-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman1180 (Post 4197148)
I tried again and GOT IT! 5 Stars! They key is to watch the cards, but not all the time. Like TanyaSpace said earlier. I noticed inconsistencies at a few different points in the song, but the BIGGEST was during Chorus 4 towards the end. I still got a few misses, but not nearly as much as usual thus I was able to keep my multiplier longer and that's what did it.

Smooth Criminal is a problem too. I don't have the stamina to takle that beast quite yet. Working on Workin' Day and Night currently. Good lord this one is giving me issues....

ok you say the key is to watch the cards, when are you "hitting" the move, at the "1" (4321) or the zero or somewhere else, in short can you answer your own previous question ? many thanx in advance, smooth i get 3 miss' all the time, the rest is a peace of cake, those 3 prevent 5 stars.

Superman1180 05-02-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satman9 (Post 4197251)
ok you say the key is to watch the cards, when are you "hitting" the move, at the "1" (4321) or the zero or somewhere else, in short can you answer your own previous question ? many thanx in advance, smooth i get 3 miss' all the time, the rest is a peace of cake, those 3 prevent 5 stars.

Sorry I didn't go into further detail. I was still excited from actually getting the 5 stars finally on that song. What I did was wait until the Card moved to the "current card" position. So NOT at "1". This is what enabled me to keep the multiplier going to get 5 stars. I wasn't getting "Perfects" on those previously always missed moves, but I was getting at least "Ok" or "Good".

Satman9 05-02-2011 01:49 AM

awesome so just a little late in 4th chorus if i understand you correctly?

Satman9 05-02-2011 02:04 AM

alright still not getting it just right, i ironed out the bugs before that section..finally..i raised my high score..finally..still lots of miss' & almosts at the end.. it looks like im missing the exact moment, going back to tanyas thought of go withthe music in last half & screw the cards.. its not like I haven't done this stoopid song 100 times now, if it works i'll put my 2 dollor explanation in, perhaps between all of us, we can help out all the other folks being tortured by beat it


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.