Mark of the Gods guide
In order of earliest acquisition. Maps in the last post. Searching (ctrl+f) by the map name will bring you to the text sections, and then the map. This guide is to not be posted anywhere but x360a.org without my permission.
Origin: The Story Begins 2/2
1. Right after you start the game, in plain sight.
2. Right after Mark 1, there will be some ladders, after going down the first, run and jump and grab on to the one going up. It's at the top.
Origin: Rites of Passage 2/2
3. After you get slide, take the route down to the bottom of the map. It's in the only large room there, guarded by spiders.
4. After you get slide, head to the end of the level and take the slide rout back to the area you were in before you got slide. Backtrack up the ladder to the area with the crawlers. You need to slide in to the room to your right.
Origin: Crossroads of the World 0/3
Nothing yet. Many abilities are needed.
Jungle: Jungle Lowlands 1/1
5. There will be an elevator to your left as you dodge blue alignment shots among 3 small islands to the right. You should be able to see the Mark at this point. Take the elevator up and go to the right, drop down and pick it up. You can climb back up if you jump to the right.
Jungle: Cursed Forest 2/2
6. After getting light alignment, you can use the light platforms that were in the beginning of the area. Backtrack back there by grabbing the ledge above the checkpoint. Head right and above the spike pit with the dark bullets are platforms. Take those up, and jump across the land bridges, zig-zaging up the the right. Mark is at the end.
7. After getting light alignment, backtrack back to the light platforms you need to progress. There will be a red beam shooting down impeding your path. After you get through it, drop down the hole immediately after it. There will be two dark spiders and a path to the left. Go down the left path and through the dark laser field, and it should be on the right by a spider. On the map, it should in the room adjacent to the room with the switch you hit to get in to the light alignment room.
Jungle: Jungle Highlands 0/2
Nothing yet. We need stomp for the next one.
Jungle: Above the Canopy. 1/2
8. Right after the teleporter there will be blue platforms above spikes. On the 3rd blue platform, immediately jump off and wall jump up the two chunks of land. Climb up and make your way to the left: it'll be on a smaller platform just beyond the left wall you were wall kicking up.
Jungle: Jungle Highlands 0/2
Nothing yet. We still need stomp for the next one. Teleport makes it easier to backtrack after Underworld areas.
Origin: Crossroads of the World 1/3
9. Take the bottom path near the teleporter (as if you're going to the Jungle or Underworld) and stomp the shoddy area below you. It's all the way to the right.
Underworld: The World Beneath 1/2
10. Near the checkpoint and teleporter, there's a lone flea on a land island. Wall jump up to the two chamber room above. The Mark is at the top.
Underworld: Lost Passageways 1/1
11. After going through the room with many dark lasers, jellyfish and fleas, there will be a checkpoint. After the checkpoint, wall jump to the small land island, and then up to the mark on your right.
Underworld: The World Beneath 1/2
None. Lauch pad is needed.
Underworld: Crypt of the Ancients 1/1
12. When the path first splits right near the jellyfish and red alignment bullets, continue to the right. It will be at the end of that path near spiders and alignment changing bullets.
Underworld: The Buried Empire 1/1
13. In the large room at the top of the map, just before the zone out to the next area, there's a large alignment bullet area you have to go through, switching alignments as you go. At the end, there's a yellow elevator. Fall down the left side of the elevator, and it's in a walled off area. You can't climb back up, so you will have to do the jumps again to go through the area.
Underworld: The Underground River 1/1
14. In the upper right of the map, there will be a small crawler and a large crawler just before a room full of alignment bullets. Wall jump above them, and it's to the right.
Underworld: City of the Dead 1/1
15. In the map there's a figure eight on the right side of the map. Bullets of both polarities flood the upper area, where the mark is. With some fancy alignment changing, you can get it unhurt, but otherwise just rush and get it.
Underworld: The Underground River 1/1
Already done here!
Boss: High Priestess
None! Backtrack time, now that we have the teleport skill.
Jungle: Above The Canopy 2/2
16. Take the teleporter, and head to your left. Drop down and head toward the lower zone exit. Right after the dark flowers, there should be a red alignment platform. Jump up it, and jump on the the light alignment platform. It should be at the end of the path (almost the center of the map).
This mark will unlock the ability to hold on to vertical walls longer, if you’ve collected every mark up until this point.
Jungle: Jungle Highlands 1/2
17. Teleport, and take the path right. Once you pass the checkpoint, drop down, and go left. Under the red alignment bullets, there's a stompable section. The mark is to the left when you drop down.
City: The City Walls 1/1
18. After the large light warrior and 3rd checkpoint, head to the right. There’s a gap in the wall you can slide in to. Just above, once you’re inside the hidden room, is mark number 18.
City: The Marketplace 1/1
19. Just after you pass the mini gauntlet in the first structure, there will be a pair of breakable walls in front of you. Ignore them and go up. To the right, under a stompable area and near a coop challenge room, is the mark.
City: The Ministry 1/2
20. In the first room with alignment sensitive blocks, it’s in the upper left corner. Just switch alignments as you need to get up to it.
City: The Maze 1/1
21. It’s by the first checkpoint by the block puzzle. Wall jump up the shaft.
City: The Flower Gardens 1/1
22. Directly above the first checkpoint, where there’s light and dark alignment walls that you have to switch to continue up. Using those walls to wall jump up to the area above is where it’s hiding.
Jungle: Highlands 2/2
23. Take the teleport here, and open the door below using dark alignment. Go down and stop through the first floor. Keep making your way down until another stomp floor, and go through. Break the wall to the right, and charge through the wall after that. The mark is here. BONUS! Stomp the floor below and break the wall to find the secret Jungle area: On the Treetops.
City: The Forgotten Quarter 1/1
24. In the bottom left area of the map, just below the giant room, and beside a room with two entrances side by side and a bunch of elevator platforms. It’s just below a checkpoint in the bigger room. Wall jump up the shaft to grab it.
City: The Ministry 1/2
Need launch pad.
Boss: Mother of Eyes
Sky: The Ice Cave 0/1
Sky: The Proving Grounds 2/2
25. Right before the waterfall of light bullets on the lower half of the map, get on the upper platform. Wall jump up to the right and it should be at the top of an upside down “U” shape.
26. After the huge jump you have to make, the road splits between going down and a ladder. Go down, and head to the left, up the light platform elevator. The mark is on the left at the top.
Sky: Holy Mountain 0/1
Sky: The Haunted Hills 1/1
27. After getting launch, right above the checkpoint near it (far right of map), there is a launch pad to the right. Take it up, and the mark is on the right.
Sky: Holy Mountain 1/1
28. Backtrack to the beginning of the level. On the map, on the left side, there is a large open area with land islands. Wall jump off the bottom one to the launch pad and shoot up. Wall jump up the next one and head to the right to find the mark.
Origin: Crossroads of the World 3/3
29. Head to the right, near the Origin levels entrance. Near it, is a launch pad Shoot up past the next two, and make your way across to the right. On the right side, there’s a pit. Drop down, and it’s on the right.
30. From the teleporter, head right. Take the dark elevator and a launch pad is to your left. Jump and launch left. Then launch up three times to the mark on a small platform to your right.
Underworld: The World Beneath 2/2
31. From the teleporter, make your way to the large room with many land islands in the upper left of the map. After making it up, go through the tunnel until you hit the wall with the launch pad. Shoot up twice, and go down the ladder. It’s to the right.
Sky: The Ice Cave 1/1
32. From the teleporter, head left through the dual alignment beams. Wall jump up the shaft that had lasers going off until you turned them off last time you were here. At the top of the shaft near a light platform elevator is a launch pad. Shoot up twice, and head to the right. Shoot up again and it’s on the right.
This mark should unlock the treasure map, if you have collected them up to this point. This allows you to see money vases on the map. HA! Now I don’t have to write a guide for those!
City: The Ministry 2/2
33. I saved this one for last in our backtrack since it’s so “fun”. Teleport to Forgotten Quarter, and head down and to the right, then up the yellow elevator platform to The Ministry area. Backtrack to the area before the first block room, and head up to the checkpoint. By the checkpoint there’s a launch pad. Shoot up, then right. It’s sitting be the wall to the right. Figure out your own way home!
Sky: The Mist-Shrouded Forest 3/3
34. Just past the giant spider as you start the level, is a pit with spikes and a launch pad. The mark is on the right of that pit. Launch to it, wall jump back and launch out of the pit.
35. Right above where you started is an “L” shape. After the elevator where you have to wall kick to avoid light bullets, head to the left. Past the spikes that pop out, further to the left, is the mark on the “L” shaped chunk of land.
36. Toward the right side of the map, there’s a dark elevator (bullets of both alignments and a red large flyer are above it) that you need to stand on to go below. In that area (it’s near a checkpoint), there are two crawlers on a land island, and to the left of that a launch pad. Shoot yourself to the left, and land on the middle chunk of land where the mark is.
Sky: Dark Fortress 2/2
37. When you get to the room with launch pads and lasers-a-plenty, shoot right, then shoot up. You’ll enter a hidden room on the map, and to the right is number 37.
38. On the right side of the map, there’s a room that’s just beyond the switch you need to hit to open the door to continue above. Head in to this room. Take launch pads up, and wall kick off the right side to grab it.
Boss: The Winged Serpent
Eternity: At the Shores of Time 1/1
39. Just as you climb up from the start and see the first giant spider (near the two nail like structures on the top left side of the map), wall jump up. Jump across to the land island and over to the small enclosed room in the top of the map.
Eternity: Tower of Eternity 1/1
40. At the first checkpoint, wall jump off the wall above the door (it’ll be closed if this is your first time here). Use the launch pads to head to the left. Stomp through the ground and collect the mark in the middle of the room.
Eternity: Trail of Tears 1/1
41: From the teleporter, fall down the ledge on to the light platform and go right. Jump the first gap, and fall down the second. You should land square on the mark.
Eternity: The End of All Things 1/1
42. In the middle of the map, there’s an area with dark chain linked bullets and spikes that shoot up depending on your alignment. At the end of the section, there’s a launch pad that you can just barely jump in to from the mound to the right. Shoot up, and grab the ledge. Head left, and the mark is on top of the land island near two kamikazers.
This last mark unlocks the “Sword of the Gods”. All melee damage you do is now doubled. I bet you wish you had this at the beginning!
Origin: The Story Begins
Origin: Rites of Passage
Jungle: Jungle Lowlands
Jungle: The Cursed Forest
Jungle: Above the Canopy
Origin: Crossroads of the World
Underworld: The World Beneath
Underworld: Lost Passageways
Underworld: Crypt of the Ancients
Underworld: The Buried Empire
Underworld: The Underground River
Underworld: City of the Dead
Jungle: Jungle Highlands
City: The City Walls
City: The Marketplace
City: The Ministry
City: The Maze
City: The Flower Gardens
City: The Forgotten Quarter
Sky: Proving Grounds
Sky: The Haunted Hills
Sky: Holy Mountain
Sky: The Ice Cave
Sky: The Mist-Shrouded Forest
Sky: Dark Fortress
Eternity: At the Shores of Time
Eternity: Tower of Eternity
Eternity: Trail of Tears
Eternity: The End of All Things
Good work. This might come in handy once I've finished the game.
Amazing job dude. I got all 42 masks thanks to this guide (number 37 was really crazy :D)
Nice yah deep map of pics sweets :woop:
You're awesome. Thanks for making this. Off to get my last three marks!
If you can kindly add direction to the maps would be great.
I have a hard time backtracking to place that is not shown in the world map.
If you read the written guide, it describes exactly how the levels are structured as it goes in the order you can pass them through. The hard one to get back to I tell you exactly how to get there. I even mention what levels you pass through where you can't get any yet until the Eternity levels, and in that event you can use the order of the Eternity maps to determine where you are for that last specific group of levels. I mean, the game's not that big.
So, if I can't do this without redoing each map, how about I just tell you where to go instead?
Man, thanks for 37 & 41 - those were driving me mad.
Wow Auburok--just WOW. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to put this together. Amazing guide.
Sure thing. Let me know if some of the directions are wrong or not clear enough. I rushed the make the guide so some of them might be a little wonky. The general flow is good, but I'm not 100% on specific mark instructions.
I’m missing 4 marks, is there any way of knowing where they are? I’ve been to all the teleport levels and I have all the marks on those, so am I going to have to go through each stage and check at each area if I’m missing any? :(
Thanks a lot for the guide!
My bet? You have Marks missing in Underworld or Jungle, since there's many you have to back track after getting powers. City is the next culprit, but save that for last as it sucks to explore that place when you're not missing any there.
nice guide, thx! i'm missing 2 marks and i think they are in the "origin: rites of passage" or "origin: the story beginns" part, hoy can i go back to this level-parts?
In the hub world "Crossroads of the World", you can head to the upper left, up the light alignment elevator. The zone entrance up there is to the other Origin levels. If you look at the map posted for Crossroads in this thread, it's the zone entrance directly to the left of the "player here" marker (and the only zone entrance on the map because I took the photo when you first make it there).
I'll be using this guide tonight to get all the Marks. Even though I am almost done too bad you didn't through in the heart and energy upgrade locations as well. Great job sir.
Nice guide! But it's a damn maze to find all places that's not on the portal. Still missing 2 but don't know wich ones :p
For an even better guide you should put up info on each exit where they leading to ;)
I'm going to be writing the boss guides today, and if I have time after that, I'll write a text addendum to show flow between maps, since people have been skipping the text guide for just the maps it seems. I'll have to retake a photo of each map's level, and transcribe the marks over.
Leading to me going to the same areas over and over and over again without ever finding that last mark. I tried reading your guide but it still isn't clear where the transitions to each area are, perhaps because it's far more linear when you're going through the game as opposed to when you're almost through with the game and have opened everything up. Therefore someone who's going through the game as they read the guide doesn't need those explanations... but those of us who are almost done do. :\ I finally had to put the controller down because I'm so confused and mentally exhausted from trying to do this.
This isn't a free-roam game, so the directions are easier to interpret on a "first able to obtain" basis, since writing directions is not only inefficient, but the people having trouble with the written part of the guide probably won't gain too much from me adding a wall of text to each mark on "how to obtain it from the hub". I have a character limit that I've just met in the first two posts, anyway, so I really can't add a paragraph extra to each mark. The only way to fix this in a way that I can fit in to 3 posts (not really; I know people will still get lost after I do this again) is to redo the maps.
As I'm not home right now, you'll have to wait. The large TV that made taking photos of the maps possible isn't here, and I have a feeling that putting text near an empty area on the current maps that says "entrance to:" is just going to confuse people more by the sound of it. When redone, will only show all zones on each map, so keep that in mind. I honestly don't think that'll solve the problems here, but I'll humor the situation and redo all that work again.
Here's a few solutions for you that I would have used to find the last missing mark:
1. Play through the game anew. Considering that a replay takes only maybe 3 hours (assuming if you understand the game and skip the unnecessaries), you would be saving more time replaying Outland from the start than going on a big hunt for that one last mark if searching for it has taken you several hours or more.
2. If you aren't keen on restarting completely, go through the maps and check the lower left corner for the number of marks that are there and make sure you have them. If you can't recall where you were or where you've been, write it down somewhere. All you have to do is add all the map names Auburok wrote above into a list and say at the end of each one of them whether you have it completed or not. You won't have to waste your time after that being confused.
Sky: The Mist-Shrouded Forest DONE
Now, I believe that redoing the maps/directions is bad for the following reasons:
1. The only real addition the maps even need are health/energy locations.
2. Zones can be marked to say which one leads to which, but that will make the maps very, very confusing for a first time user because you are then mixing order of acquisition based directions with going-back directions. Considering that a going-back user has the benefit of teleportation (which really shouldn't be depended on considering how many are missing total, by the way), the lower left marks counter, added power, and general understanding of the game, I would say it is more fair to give the assistance to a complete beginner than to muddle the maps up to serve both groups.
3. To reply specifically to you then, Filly, I don't see how you can argue that you aren't sure where X transition leads to Y when you aren't even sure where you've been. To add, how can you tell when a zone is the wrong one? I'm not sure if I really understand where you are getting confused, so...
...to help you navigate, Auburok explained how the hub/crossroads connects to each other... if you start from there and just walk through the levels and check the lower left corner, you should find your answer on which mark is the missing one without losing that much time. In the end, Underworld is connected to Underworld, Sky is Sky, and etc... they are separate. You have to use the hub to get to the other areas (i.e. from Sky to Underworld). You can easily mark them off and figure out what's missing and remove chunks of the game at each time (i.e. UNDERWORLD COMPLETE - NO MARKS MISSING HERE). Then, you won't have to go back there ever again.
I hope that made sense.
I know how to use the "x/x Marks found" feature. I've done that from the start. The map has me going in circles. I go through an area, get all the marks, then say "Ok, now I need to go to this area." And when I try to, I cannot for the life of me find out how to get to some of those locations. I know where I've been (I misspoke; tends to happen when going after an achievement makes you this confused) but it takes me ages of trial and error to try to find an area and some of them I still have not found after hours of exploring. I cannot memorize where each transition leads, so it's just kind of a guess. If I go the wrong way, I've got to turn around and go through that ENTIRE area all over again.
I'll try the list thing, it's just that kind of defeats half the purpose of a guide... I'll do it since I don't want to wait, but the point of a guide is to remove all or most of the effort aside from just playing the game. So I feel like taking my suggestion would help future users of the guide.
Edit: Saw your reply to me. It sounds like you are relying too much on the maps (made in order of acquisition) to determine your location, which is what's getting you turned around. You may want to simply close the guide after filling out the sort of information I offered above... or at least give your brain a rest. I could never acquire achievements very well when I was flustered with them.
Looks like the list (or starting over - ew) is my only option for now. Regardless, thanks for the help.
A guide should be used to help you play the game, not do it for you. There's no way to remove all effort on the guide reader's end. You still have to be able to play the game you're trying to use a guide for. I can't honestly believe you spent the amount of time you claim to be in particular areas while being lost. The game's not that big. Hell, you can entirely finish the Jungle area's story section in easily under 20 minutes (it's an achievement, after all). The only section that's much larger is Sky, and the guide is very detailed in terms of backtracking for those marks (along with some city marks).
I'm sorry you're not enjoying the exploration aspect of this game (which is pretty fun, if you like 2D games like Metroid, Castlevania, Shadow Complex, etc) but maybe you've picked a game takes you a little extra work for you personally because it doesn't just "click". There's a lot of other games like this, and guides are about the same. Out of all the places I've linked it to, the complaints I get about getting lost all originate on this website. So without any hard feedback specifically stating "I knew what to do once I had this information", I'm at a loss besides redoing the maps.
You could compromise by just asking me where you need to get to. I could specifically give you directions if I know where you're trying to go. Just saying "I'm lost" without any indication of where you're trying to get to requires a total rework rather than an explanation.
The exploration wasn't really the problem, it's the backtracking and the level design and the fact that I didn't understand how the levels come together. Maybe I'm just stupid, but simply looking at the guide didn't help me (personally) with this particular issue or I would have done that in the first place and saved us both the frustration of breaching this subject.
After I gave my brain a bit of a rest, I picked it back up and found the last mark I needed was in Eternity--which I thought I'd cleared all the marks in. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Again, I'm honestly sorry for even bringing this up in the first place and for being a bother. Thanks for the guide, in any case.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 08:42 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.