XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Prey (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Cherokee Difficulty open immediately (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308720)

xvx Foot xvx 05-03-2011 03:53 PM

Cherokee Difficulty open immediately

Hey All,

Just picked up Prey last night for some cheap fun/achievements (it was 3.99). I noticed when I popped the disc in that Cherokee difficulty is already unlocked (the game also had an update when I first put it in). I know others have had this happen too. Does anyone know if I play through this on Cherokee will the normal achievement unlock also? I checked one person's profile that asked the same thing and it looked like the achievements unlocked on different days, so I'm thinking no, but I was looking for confirmation. Push comes to shove if no one knows I'll test it myself.

-foot

Joeplay201 05-04-2011 04:49 AM

:wtf I don't know that's fucking weird. I just started Prey a few days ago but I could not play on Cherokee my first time. Funny, I come across this post as this is my last achievement in the game left to get. Either way I would believe it as there are quite a few strange glitches in Prey most of them however affect being able to finish a level.

I wouldn't worry if you can't play on it. Mainly, because the only REAL semi-challenge in the game is figuring out which way to go and puzzles some are straight forward others not so much. By the time you play a second time you can really breeze through the maps. I could still toggle the difficulty setting but after pressing :abut: a message would come up saying I had to play the game on normal first.

Ah anyhow good luck.

Jepockn 09-12-2011 11:04 PM

any update on this? I just got it for dirt cheap and was wondering the same thing.

Tsaako 09-16-2011 01:52 AM

As far as I know, you do have to complete 2 playthroughs. Not sure why you've got that difficulty unlocked already though.

Silk 209 03-17-2012 11:27 PM

Just picked this up and The Cherokee difficulty was already unlocked too. Must have been in a update.

Scratch that. It's NOT unlocked.

WoodsMonk 03-18-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silk 209 (Post 4957006)
Just picked this up and The Cherokee difficulty was already unlocked too. Must have been in a update.

Scratch that. It's NOT unlocked.

Haha, I thought the same last week, It does look like it's unlocked but it's not!

DOPE BOI 07-01-2012 11:25 AM

Thank God for this thread.

I played and beat this game back when it first released but didn't do Cherokee. So I figured I would finish it off today but lost my original save file. It said resume, so I tried that but it just made me start on normal. I was about 5 levels in when I decided to check here. I seen this and saved my game ASAP and went to new game and there it was CHEROKEE.

I'm so glad because even though its been years I didn't want to have to play through this twice just to get it done making for a total of 3 times.

Hottub Cowboy 12-11-2012 02:30 AM

Thanks for the heads up folks. I picked up this fame recently and Cherokee is unlocked for me as well. MP is all done so this should save me time.

tescovee 07-13-2013 09:46 AM

Just a heads up, I grabbed this on the GonD summer sale and was able to start on Cherokee, after I finished I received the "Galactic Hero" achievement, then on a whim I replayed the last chapter and after the credits I went threw the portal and the Normal one went off. So no they don't stack, but that was how I got both achievements.

Canadan 07-16-2013 12:49 AM

Did you replay the final level normal when you went back? Or just replayed on Cherokee and it somehow unlocked? Haven't played it yet but I picked it up for $3 as well and I'd be interested to know.