XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Expansion Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3097)

DarkLif3 04-03-2006 06:44 PM

Expansion Discussion

That will be 200 Marketplace points please.

http://www.majornelson.com/2006/04/0...oblivion-ride/

FUNK THAT.

I don't care how much it is, I'm not going to shell out any money for some thing as small as this that might as well be free.

bombgod 04-03-2006 08:49 PM

i agree with you, if it was 5 or 10 maybe

http://www.majornelson.com/wp-conten...horsearmor.png

robpears 04-03-2006 10:37 PM

Bit of a joke really

KillarPenguin 04-03-2006 11:12 PM

I might if it was under 50 points, and if this game was playable online.

xfrancox 04-03-2006 11:47 PM

Sucks you have to pay, but damn that looks cool.

Nevernine 04-04-2006 12:13 AM

Thats dick if you ask me. A patch for just horse armor is absolutely retarded, espicially at the cost that it warrants. I DO have the points to get it now, but I won't. Without the price control (like most people said on Major Nelson's blog) from the Sony marketplace, MS is free to set whatever price they fancy. Peeps, I'd really consider waiting on something this small and seeing if it gets packaged with maybe a couple more worthwhile downloads. Who knows, maybe it will even be released with an expansion pack if there ever was going to be one.

Marley Buckins 04-15-2006 06:52 PM

can i go any higher?

ok, im at level 51 and all of my major skills are at 100. i was wondering if i can still level higher?

DJHUNTERD 04-15-2006 07:01 PM

i dont think you can:confused: ... my friend had the same problem with his character and cant level anymore....

Marley Buckins 04-15-2006 11:48 PM

oh.... that sucks i guess =\ oh well.

AmpleSteak 04-16-2006 02:42 AM

I know a guy who said he got so high everyone ran away from him.

Marley Buckins 04-16-2006 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmpleSteak
I know a guy who said he got so high everyone ran away from him.

noone is running away from me yet. but i guess the whole point of this thread is to ask, can you level up from minor skills?

DJHUNTERD 04-16-2006 03:32 AM

i gathered only major skills lvl u up. Minor dont (which sucks):(

Psycence 04-16-2006 12:54 PM

that really sucks ass, unless they release an expansion which allows higher leveling

Marley Buckins 04-16-2006 02:39 PM

i just think its a little weird for me to be lvl 51 and still have half of a level = \

NIN11 04-16-2006 07:56 PM

This sucks, I topped out at lvl 47, lame.

SpideR NY 04-16-2006 08:56 PM

Yeah once you level all major skills to 100 you are max level. You can still max out your other stats just for the fun of it but it will not level you. I would suggest other goals if you want to keep playing the same charator. Enchant armor, own all houses, complete all quests, etc.

Winwood 04-16-2006 09:46 PM

You lose some stats when you go to jail though - could you go to jail and then regain those stats to level up? Not really practical because you'de have to spend decades in jail to lose enough and it might not work anyway. Just a thought :D

Marley Buckins 04-16-2006 10:12 PM

since at lvl 100 you get master, i dont think it would degrade you to 99 and become expert again. ill try it sometime lmao

kaotic 04-17-2006 12:10 AM

what if you drink potions that lower your skills?

Marley Buckins 04-17-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaotic
what if you drink potions that lower your skills?

didnt know potions drained skills... i dont mess with them. i knew they drained stats though.

Wet Factory 04-17-2006 04:26 PM

I had my blade at 100 when i went to jail and they took a point off and when i gained the level back. it said i reached expert again. So i think it will work if you level down your skills with jail and then level them back up.

Marley Buckins 04-17-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wet Factory
I had my blade at 100 when i went to jail and they took a point off and when i gained the level back. it said i reached expert again. So i think it will work if you level down your skills with jail and then level them back up.

when i went to jail with my armorer at 100 (not fortified) it didnt take any away. luck? and was your blade fortified?

reymundo514 04-17-2006 06:50 PM

i don't think draining your skills with potions or spells will work because the game keeps track of what your base skill level is without modifiers. So you probably can't fool it that way.

TR Theory 04-18-2006 01:07 AM

Your Maxed at 100 to all but i don't think you can loose the stats by going to jail... im not 100%

Winwood 04-18-2006 03:13 AM

You can lose stats though there's no way of deciding which ones you lose - I just don't know if regaining those stats counts towards leveling up. If they did though, you would have to go to jail long enough to lose (then gain) 10 stat points in your major skills to go up one level.

Wet Factory 04-18-2006 01:54 PM

No my blade skill was not fortified. and plus it doesnt matter if your skills are fortified or not because you do not increase from master to expert with non permanent increases. I havent tried to lose stat points, it just happened to work out that way once so i am just guessing it would work if you dedicated yourself to it.

Philos_Sophos 04-19-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winwood
You lose some stats when you go to jail though - could you go to jail and then regain those stats to level up? Not really practical because you'de have to spend decades in jail to lose enough and it might not work anyway. Just a thought :D

Excellent point! What if you commit a small offense and go to jail, save the game, and make sure to continue only if your atheletics dropped, rinse and repeat until you you lose 10 levels. Then level up 10 times and get your level up bonus? So even if all of your skills are maxed at 100 you can still use the level up your attributes to who knows how high! I'm sure somone out there can streamline this process from my rough outline, but any reason it shouldn't work? el

Winwood 04-19-2006 04:07 PM

Well, a faster method is as follows.

Go into the imperial city.
Kill everyone.
Find a guard (I didn't mean absolutely everyone of course :P)
Go to jail.

I was bored once and ended up killing 15 people or so and I lost a ton of stats. This will have a severe effect on your infamy though.

Edit: You could be an evil Lord of Oblivion! And you could kill anyone you don't like in the process. It might be best to kill the adoring fan over and over again as he reappears and you won't end up being the only person alive in the game. Interesting idea for a chalenge though - be the only person (aside from guards or whatever that respawn) in Cirodil ... imagine it :)

Marley Buckins 04-19-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wet Factory
No my blade skill was not fortified. and plus it doesnt matter if your skills are fortified or not because you do not increase from master to expert with non permanent increases. I havent tried to lose stat points, it just happened to work out that way once so i am just guessing it would work if you dedicated yourself to it.

you mean expert to master =P novice>apprentice>journeyman>expert>master

NIN11 04-22-2006 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winwood

It works:D Tried it while messing around and went up 1 lvl.