XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iron Man 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1348)
-   -   Easy way to receive Invincible (formidable difficulty) achivevement (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313106)

Rurik 05-31-2011 11:51 PM

Easy way to receive Invincible (formidable difficulty) achivevement

While the overall difficulty of the game isn't hard, it did have some frustrating moments (e.g. the heliocarrier mission). I found an easy way to get through the missions while still receiving the achievement.

The key is that the game only checks your difficulty when you complete the level to denote what level you placed at.

1) For the troublesome levels, play through on easy.
2) When you are in the last stage of the game (received last checkpoint), press Start and Save Checkpoint.
3) Press Start and Return to HQ
4) Press Start and change difficulty to formidable
5) Press Start to save difficulty
6) Quit to Title Screen
7) From Title, continue the campaign and load the last checkpoint

You will then start on the last checkpoint as formidable.

I just tried this on missions 7 and 8 and did receive the achievement. On mission 7 I progressed to the grid area on easy. I came back as formidable and took out the turrets and hacked the three computers to finish it. On mission 8 I played as Easy until the very last War Machine stage where you shoot the head. I quick and came back as formidable, destroyed the head, and received my Normal and Formidable achievements.

gazmaster1 07-20-2011 04:36 PM

i can confirm this method works, i did it for most of the levels.

zzamaro 07-21-2011 06:53 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I only need a few achievements and beating the game the on formiable is one of them.

L4D II JoK3r 11-25-2011 02:14 AM

anyway to pre-determine where the checkpoints are? or will i learn after my easy play through?

L4D II JoK3r 11-25-2011 05:39 PM

Bravo it works

douch-bag 01-30-2012 09:32 PM

OHH YEAHHHHHHH....Thanks man last lvl was kickin my ass.

Reytrill 02-24-2012 05:09 PM

let me see if i got this right and please correct me if im wrong

1. i can play each level on easy then at the last checkpoint save last checkpoint quit to main title and change the difficulty to formidable and complete it and do that for all levels?
2.play the whole game on easy then finish the last level on formidable

someone out there please help me understand this i really want this achievement :(:confused:

iG Bones 02-28-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reytrill (Post 4910603)
let me see if i got this right and please correct me if im wrong

1. i can play each level on easy then at the last checkpoint save last checkpoint quit to main title and change the difficulty to formidable and complete it and do that for all levels?
2.play the whole game on easy then finish the last level on formidable

someone out there please help me understand this i really want this achievement :(:confused:

Number 1 is the correct one.

Thanks for this, made the last level very easy :)

CheshireMulisha 04-07-2012 01:25 PM

Cheers for this - level 7 was giving me loads of grief on formidable but this just made it simple :D Cheers!

Earth Djinn 05-03-2012 10:50 AM

Awesome tip!

I'm so glad I didn't have to do some of these levels on Formidable, since you can die way too quickly and it just isn't fun.

Craiglionheart 05-17-2012 09:59 PM

This. Is. Awesome!

Delphan Rane 05-26-2012 03:59 PM

Played levels 1-7 on formidable and was just about to give up on 130 G when I saw this tip. I can confirm it definitely works. Took me 10 mins from start to finish on level 8.

xEndriux 11-30-2012 08:10 AM

Thanks. This helped a lot :woop:

Zax ARYAN 12-01-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rurik (Post 4263271)
While the overall difficulty of the game isn't hard, it did have some frustrating moments (e.g. the heliocarrier mission). I found an easy way to get through the missions while still receiving the achievement.

The key is that the game only checks your difficulty when you complete the level to denote what level you placed at.

1) For the troublesome levels, play through on easy.
2) When you are in the last stage of the game (received last checkpoint), press Start and Save Checkpoint.
3) Press Start and Return to HQ
4) Press Start and change difficulty to formidable
5) Press Start to save difficulty
6) Quit to Title Screen
7) From Title, continue the campaign and load the last checkpoint

You will then start on the last checkpoint as formidable.

I just tried this on missions 7 and 8 and did receive the achievement. On mission 7 I progressed to the grid area on easy. I came back as formidable and took out the turrets and hacked the three computers to finish it. On mission 8 I played as Easy until the very last War Machine stage where you shoot the head. I quick and came back as formidable, destroyed the head, and received my Normal and Formidable achievements.

I agree heliocarrier mission was kind of retarded. Thanks for the tip this is the only one I've left.

banej 06-13-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L4D II JoK3r (Post 4713553)
anyway to pre-determine where the checkpoints are? or will i learn after my easy play through?

Stage 1 - When you take control of War Machine
Stage 2 - After you exit the ships bridge, defeat the Armigar and then walk past him through the door. This is the last checkpoint.
Stage 3 - When fighting against Crimson Dynamo
Stage 4 - When fighting against the Proteon
Stage 5 - When protecting the plane for the second time
Stage 6 - When the Armigar is around 30% health
Stage 7 - When you have to disable GreenGrid
Stage 8 - The fifth section, when War Machine has to take the head shot.