XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1474)
-   -   My thoughts about Resurrection.... (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314212)

D347H0FL0V3 06-07-2011 05:53 PM

My thoughts about Resurrection....

Everybody has been waiting patiently for this add-on to come out and FINALLY! Our prayers were answered.....Resurrection was finally released!!! However, after completing the long awaited Chapter XIV, I feel rather disappointed. There is only one collectible in the ENTIRE chapter and that is merely a scroll, there are only 2 levels, and the end boss battle was way too complicated. Also, Chapter XIV (imo at least) does nothing to explain Gabriel as a vampire. Back to the boss battle because I feel I really must share why it is the WORST boss battle in LoS. First off, through out the entire first level until the very end, you have to avoid the sight of "The Forgotten One" and if he sees you, you're dead. Secondly, each time you battle him, there is only one spot on his body you can attack. Now I know the titan battles were like this but they were incredible and rather simple. With The Forgotten One, he has A LOT of attacks that affect the immediate area surrounding him and send out shock waves which results in "Don't get too close to him" but with only one area of his body to attack (leg, stomach, arm, head) you have to get kinda close to do any damage while at the same time trying to stay away from his attacks which is why the last 3 segments are incredibly difficult. Not only do you have to be close enough to hit him, but you also have to jump to attack his stomach, arm or head. So factor in that you'll most definitely be in midair attacking when he starts his attack which means you have to hit the ground QUICKLY and try to dodge which becomes nearly impossible when you're attacking his head because of how much more frequently he attacks. Overall, I regret paying 800msp for this add-on. It is not worth it.

Darkelf X 06-07-2011 06:47 PM

Finished it 5 minutes ago and... wow.. that was reaaaaaaally bad ! O_o

2 (!) extremely short "stages", if you can even call them like this and a boss that's more unfair than anything else. And on top of that, nearly NO real story with those drawn cutscenes.

I wish I could get my MS points back. -.-

C:LoS is one of the best games in this console gen, but those 2 DLC nearly ruined that.

Congratulations Konami !

Shishigami Zero 06-07-2011 07:07 PM

Seriously, the DLC is a waste of time and money. Screw Konami and Mercury Steam for releasing this failure of game content. Oh and that part about it moving the story along after the end of the game...False advertising. You get nothing.

What really pisses me off is the fact that they promised more story... The Force Unleashed DLC for the first and second game had more story! And I thought I was mad about how much I paid for those!

Don't buy this DLC, you'll wish you would get your time and money back!

ImmortalArbiter 06-07-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubicant (Post 4278374)
I think I've fried my brain =\

In the first boss fight, after you reflect that ball of light back to him and he's on his knees for about 5 seconds what on earth are you supposed to do with him?

It's been forever since I played this game, I feel like I must be missing something foolishly obvious.

Run up and hit RT.

Rubicant 06-07-2011 07:35 PM

Yes, I'm an idiot, I came here to delete my post moments after realizing it =p . Thanks.

Echilion 06-07-2011 07:39 PM

Annoying boss fight at first but once you learn his patterns, not bad.

And way too short for $10. I thought I read somewhere that this was going to be larger than Reverie...or am I making things up

Beniceifmyxboxworked 06-07-2011 07:43 PM

I clicked on this post by Accident , and i wonder what game are we talking about? haha

Shishigami Zero 06-07-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echilion (Post 4278388)
Annoying boss fight at first but once you learn his patterns, not bad.

And way too short for $10. I thought I read somewhere that this was going to be larger than Reverie...or am I making things up

No, you're right. They said it was going to be larger than Reverie. They lied.

Freehand Japan 06-07-2011 08:13 PM

I am pretty disappointed myself. I liked the boss and everything, he was pretty tough and challenging (which I like), but towards the end, the boss was a little cheap (such as forcing you to use nothing but air combos, when those are the hardest combos to pull of in the game because you are so vulnerable).
Definitely not worth $10 imo. These stages should have been part of the Reverie dlc for the 800 ms points, then it would have been worth it. Instead they got greedy and split it into two short and clumsy add-ons. They didn't really tie up any lose ends, there was no real development in the story, you still don't see Gabriel's full transformation, and the "exciting" finale was a little lackluster.

F TANK 06-07-2011 08:54 PM

It is longer if you count all the ****ing times you'll be continuuing on Paladin. I was so annoyed after beating it on Paladin (for the first time) that I didn't even care about the crappy, low-quality ending and skipped it

ian1706 06-07-2011 09:33 PM

This is really pissing me off, can someone help?

What do you do against that guy when he swings the rock?

I did the first bit when you deflect his white light thing but i don't know what to do when he swings the rock.

Shishigami Zero 06-07-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F TANK (Post 4278571)
It is longer if you count all the ****ing times you'll be continuuing on Paladin. I was so annoyed after beating it on Paladin (for the first time) that I didn't even care about the crappy, low-quality ending and skipped it

do you regain your health if you die after a checkpoint on the boss fight on paladin? If so I might try it but was so mad after the fight on just friggin' squire that I don't know if I want to even try difficulty achievements.

Echilion 06-07-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shishigami Zero (Post 4278705)
do you regain your health if you die after a checkpoint on the boss fight on paladin? If so I might try it but was so mad after the fight on just friggin' squire that I don't know if I want to even try difficulty achievements.

Nope :(

I just took it slow and swung 3-4 times during the openings in his attacks.

so I really hope I can just beat a level on squire and the achievements unlock since xbox.com has not updated them

Shishigami Zero 06-07-2011 10:23 PM

regarding boss fight: That's ridiculous.

Regarding Achievements: Yeah really, same here.

halofan1989 06-07-2011 11:44 PM

I was not satisfied.
I had more fun doing the Blade Wall Trial in Reverie than I did playing this $10 Boss Battle.
At least Reverie let you play as Laura to change things up a bit, this was just terrible.

:mad:
/unsatisfied customer

ian1706 06-07-2011 11:46 PM

Can't beat this bs boss! Really pissing me off!

Why would they add a boss like that for dlc when defeating satan himself wasn't even as hard as that shit!

I'm on the bit where you have to hit him in the face which means double jumping but everytime you do that he does some shit attack that you avoid 1/3 times so you just get fucked up.

I would like to meet the people that made this dlc and shit on their desk.

The game itself was fantastic but the dlc really doesn't seem like it has followed on from that. It's seems it totally avoided the story of the actual game and just added some wank that isn't worth a wank.

It's just some random shit with the same characters to make it look like a continuation. From the way the main game ended, it set it up for a sequel but then they added the dlc and it just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere.

DragonessAthena 06-07-2011 11:53 PM

The problem I had was the boss fights were the same. He used the same moves, over and over, the only thing that changed was what you had to do when you took his life down to the scripted event. And yes, the boss on Paladin mode is extremely annoying and frustrating. These achievements better count because I never want to do that ever again.

Terrible "ending" as well. I loved the game, but this DLC was really weak.

ian1706 06-07-2011 11:57 PM

How did you do the last bit where you attack the head?

What kind of strategy did you use? Because i'm on Warrior and i can't even do it.

Echilion 06-08-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian1706 (Post 4278949)
How did you do the last bit where you attack the head?

What kind of strategy did you use? Because i'm on Warrior and i can't even do it.

I only attacked him while he was shooting the fireballs, the attack where he swings two swords then combines them, or when he use one of those two moves involving the flail/mace. For everything else, I just avoided him. during the attacks I just mentioned you can damage him and not get hit while he is in the process of them

thats what worked for me but everyone has different styles

ian1706 06-08-2011 12:32 AM

Thanks. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Aquaman6686 06-08-2011 07:27 AM

How could anyone have finished this already? This last boss is INVINCIBLE. I beat the entier game, and Reverie, on Paladin with little or no difficulty. I just spent two hours fighting The Forgotten One, and I absolutely can't beat him. I even switched it to Squire, and still can barely touch him. His moves are unblockable and uncounterable, and my attacks do virtually nothing to him. Is this some sort of glitch?

Shishigami Zero 06-08-2011 01:49 PM

you basically have to keep hitting the big bastard with weak attacks, don't waste your time with powerful ones, because they will get you killed.

And unfortunately no... it's not glitched. Just terrible game design at its finest.

ian1706 06-08-2011 02:05 PM

I was going to try and continue today but i really don't feel like it.

I can imagine myself not playing this game for a while.

Aquaman6686 06-08-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shishigami Zero (Post 4280197)
you basically have to keep hitting the big bastard with weak attacks, don't waste your time with powerful ones, because they will get you killed.

And unfortunately no... it's not glitched. Just terrible game design at its finest.

I can't believe they didn't even have the decency to put in a checkpoint. At one point, the "save" icon appeared so I thought I had gotten to one, but when he killed me a few minutes later, I had to start all over again. I spent all night fighting him (I work nights so I'm up all night on my nights off anyway), and I can't beat him. This is possibly the hardest boss fight in the history of video gaming.

ian1706 06-08-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 (Post 4280549)
This is possibly the hardest boss fight in the history of video gaming.

Gotta agree with you there. I finally beat him onm Warrior but i will have no chance on Paladin.

Contender19 06-08-2011 06:57 PM

great was looking foward to this, mine is downloading now and i just wasted 10 dollars on garbage.. F you asian scamming developers

Aquaman6686 06-09-2011 12:57 AM

Finally beat The Forgotten One. This boss fight is so poorly programmed and ridiculously difficult, that even though beating the entire game on Paladin was a piece of cake, he took me OVER 150 tries on Squire. Easily the worst boss fight in the history of gaming. The DLC for this game is absolute crap. Even what small parts I enjoyed were ruined by the horrific comic-style cutscenes. I can't believe they were so incredibly lazy with the DLC, after the main game was so amazing.

Dead End Kyo 06-09-2011 01:49 AM

I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who found the boss difficult, the boss doesn't really have a pattern, you just have to be really patient with him to see an opening, anyone else besides me dreading this fight on paladin difficulty?

Story-wise is a major disappointment that explained nothing to this so called "stunning finale", but what I think was the biggest disappointment to me besides the short stages & poor story has to be the fact that Gabriel doesn't get any sort of special abilities after gaining Laura's so called "powers", I don't know about you guys but I was expecting something like an epic battle using dark powers/demon vs demon.
Also I was annoyed how Gabriel used Richter's line from SOTN...

Aquaman6686 06-09-2011 03:52 AM

I had this game 100% completed before the DLC came out, I'm not even going to bother trying to complete it again, its just not worth the hassle. The Forgotten One is THE worst boss fight I've ever seen, in any game. Its like they couldn't think of anything interesting to do for the boss, so they simply gave hum unblockable and unavoidable attacks to make him hard. Both DLC packs for this game are worthless in my book.

Beechbone 06-09-2011 11:26 AM

Reverie was pretty cool in my opinion. Working with Laura was fun, and there were some good amount of fighting, puzzling and platforming. Ressurrection is flat out bad unfortunately. I beat The Forgotten One on Paladin difficulty after couple hours of playing and was utterly disappointed to learn absolutely nothing new from the story perspective. Even in Reverie you already kinda get the idea how Gabriel became Dracula, being sent to this hellish realm and leaving his humanity behind. Why they didn't add anything further to the story? :/