XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bully 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1554)
-   -   Bully must rank as the worst Rockstar game after State Of Emergency !!! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316462)

theNomad 06-21-2011 01:37 AM

Bully must rank as the worst Rockstar game after State Of Emergency !!!

Menace + Blood Money (as DMA genre busting side scrolling shooters, r-type eat your heart out) Lemmings (as DMA quality set of puzzle games) Body Harvest (again as DMA began the trend for openworld/sandbox styled gaming, about as under rated as they come gameplay wise) Grand Theft Auto series (all of them from the top down versions to the genre breaking III/VC/SA/IV are fantastic, such a shame they never brought their Stories offshoots to the xbox), Midnight Club series (great fast paced racers), Max Payne & Manhunt (a touch more average but both heaps of fun) Table Tennis (just table tennis but wow did they really nail it why did they never tackle other sports sims) Red Dead series (like GTA another fantastic set of games with so much depth of play) L.A. Noire (more inventive jaw dropping stuff).

You can't fault them, with the exception of the dire State Of Emergency they've not made a bad game (they're like the gaming inequivalent of Pixar). As for Bully do we really need or want a 2nd ? I agree it wasn't the worst game ever but for most part it was pretty much forgettable and like some have already mentioned the lead character was annoying.

H0p3sfalL 06-21-2011 01:49 AM

I would like a second one. Thought the first was gold.

Dcon6393 06-21-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theNomad (Post 4309161)
You can't fault them, with the exception of the dire State Of Emergency they've not made a bad game (they're like the gaming inequivalent of Pixar). As for Bully do we really need or want a 2nd ? I agree it wasn't the worst game ever but for most part it was pretty much forgettable and like some have already mentioned the lead character was annoying.

Well it seemed like a leap for Rockstar to try it and it worked great, just like L.A. Noire did. I think a second game would require more work and effort because it couldn't coast off of originality alone. So it will be years before we see a second one, if at all. I personally would like to see one

Jiga.Puzzle.5 09-04-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theNomad (Post 4309161)
they've not made a bad game. I agree it wasn't the worst game ever but for most part it was pretty much forgettable and like some have already mentioned the lead character was annoying.

They have never made a bad game...Bully wasn't a bad game. What's your point?

Some people really loved this game, and there's definitely money to be made from a sequel.

I personally enjoyed Bully far more than LA Noire. LA Noire was over-hyped and it just didn't deliver for me. Bully was given average hype and turned out to be pretty great.

By the way do you really find GTA: Chinatown Wars a good game, or Manhunt? You can't tell me those are better games than Bully.

Baihu1983 10-10-2011 12:03 PM

First was great. R*'s 2nd best game after Vice City.

InsaneKane87 11-19-2011 10:37 AM

What is OP on ? The game was bloody great, it was something completely different. I don't ever remember having a game where you go to school, go to class, go to lunch have a food fight and then after school break car windows. I don't know about it being forgettable, ive heard people wanting a second one for years. Not to many could of forgot about it.

Space Cadet 11-19-2011 08:48 PM

Clearly you meant Manhunt 2, TC, because that game was utter garbage which pales in comparison with the gorgeous original. Bully is not only one of the finest games published by R*, but also one of the best I've ever played on ps2.

CouchOrnament 11-20-2011 12:00 AM

I enjoyed Bully. It was not an amazing game, but it was fun. I am looking forward to the second one.

Breeding 11-20-2011 02:35 PM

Yeah I played it just recently for a few days and I enjoyed it. I can't say if it's the worst Rockstar game ever but I do know it's fun. I'm curious if they would follow the same lead or have it take place at the same school. I suppose it'd be fun if you came up as a new character at the same school and had to topple the first game's lead.

boomdizzle 2 11-21-2011 12:53 AM

haters gotta hate..

jules the great 11-22-2011 09:24 PM

I enjoyed the first. Even played thru twice, once on the PS2 and then again for the 360. Looking forward to the second.

Mr Magic 12-09-2011 07:35 AM

I liked State of Emergency at the time I played it, and Bully was a good game. So yea, fuck you.

Nero x360a & ps3t 12-28-2011 04:26 AM

Bully was a great game and ranks in my top 5.

RDrules 12-30-2011 04:31 AM

bully was a great game and i would love to see another, i would expect if its true that rockstar Vancouver are going to start work on it we would be looking at may 2013 or later probably 2014 for it, GTA5 wont even come into it because its a completely different studio makes them

HugTheBear 12-30-2011 05:01 AM

I liked this game. Would have 100%'d it if I owned it. Gamefly'd it-- Had to return it because I cancelled my membership.

xKRAIZEEMANx 12-30-2011 08:25 AM

I have never played it, but after reading some of these posts, I can foresee myself getting this game really soon.

ellamouse9 01-08-2012 04:15 AM

Bully is probably my favourite game ever to grace my Xbox. Again I played it twice too, first on the PS2 and then on the 360. Maybe it's a marmite game - I did hear that the sales were nowhere near as high as the GTA franchise for example. But I hear enough people clamoring for sequel, so perhaps it's a bit of a cult classic?

Either way, this will be the only game I've ever pre-ordered. Most likely you won't see me for weeks ;)

iBuzz7S 01-08-2012 05:08 AM

I found Bully to be an amazing game. Despite its many flaws, it is easily apart of my top 25 games of this generation. I've said it before and I'll repeat it - Bully: Scholarship Edition was and still is more fun and enjoyable than GTA IV.

bfmv lfc 01-08-2012 09:16 PM

I LOVED the first one and i'm really looking forward to this.

x2o2lx 01-15-2012 01:05 AM

srsly? Bully was probably one of my favorite games on the ps2. The idea of a second one coming out is some pretty damn cool as far as I'm concerned.

Bully, to me, was GTA: High School Edition. Yeah, you don't get to murder anyone, or screw prostitutes, but you get to raid the girls dorm, beat up geeks, break dress code, actually buy places off school grounds to sleep in.
It was an awesome game. End of story.

xxJUSTINxx 01-15-2012 01:16 AM

I quite liked it actually. I wouldn't mind seeing another release, since the last was a so/so port and a full blown release for the XB360 should do the game good.

wozza 01-20-2012 08:51 PM

bring on bully 2 :)

JDM FA1 01-21-2012 07:49 AM

Didnt even know a second one was coming but the first one was great cant wait to see how this turns out

HabsCen10ial 01-25-2012 03:34 PM

I loved Bully and would love to see Bully 2. Every open world game Rockstar does is great IMO.

I honestly didn't know Bully 2 was coming out. Has this actually been confirmed?

Scrubber 03-20-2012 10:58 PM

I think the game is fantastic and would definately buy a sequel.

Pr3ttyb0yJay 05-01-2012 02:32 PM

Bully ranks in my top 5 games ever I guess I'm just a sucker for nostalgia.

It proves you can have fun in a game without killing everyone in sight, the soundtrack was also incredible.

SNIPERUPHIGH 05-01-2012 02:52 PM

U mad bro

Bully was the shit back then

xXmyxxmastaXx 05-20-2012 10:38 PM

id love for it to be in college so it could be rated M

Sarsage 05-27-2012 09:35 PM

Bully was my favourite PS2 game. All the missions were interesting, and I loved the different cliques.

Aeterna Hope 11-26-2012 01:19 AM

Eh bully was ok will wait for price to hit 20 bucks before i get bully 2 though