XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Shadows of the Damned (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1918)
-   -   Did anyone else really hate Act 4? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318256)

Pormogo 07-02-2011 01:09 PM

Did anyone else really hate Act 4?

I mean, innovation is great in games, but did we really need three of those side-scrollers in one act, let alone put a boss in them? I was expecting a kickass fight with that boss, but all I got was shooting aimlessly at a cardboard cutout in a blank background.

Oh, the Big Boner part. Did there really need to be three waves, let alone those waves be difficult as all hell? Every shot you take, you have to hear Garcia yell "TASTE MY BIG BONER", and it gets old quick.

Sorry, just Act 4 really cut the immersion for me.

Akatsuki Sw1tch 07-02-2011 11:35 PM

Everything you just mentioned I agree with 100%

Easily the worst act in the whole game, I went through it a 2nd time for another difficulty cheevo + all the red jems.

Got the red jems done by act 4-5 but can't muster up the effort to go through the 3rd cut out level as it's just so un-enjoyable :(

Mei Ninja 07-03-2011 07:38 AM

I felt much the same way. The first time I got to Act 4, I thought the bullet hell side-scrolling part was pretty cool and a refreshing switch from all the dodge, shoot, dodge, shoot that was before it. But then I got to 4-3 and was like... "really, again? :\" then 4-5 was just overkill.

waxc3 07-03-2011 07:56 PM

and im unsure how to beat that boss in 4-5. shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot by i end up dying before her everytime

gmurda33 07-03-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxc3 (Post 4336883)
and im unsure how to beat that boss in 4-5. shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot by i end up dying before her everytime

To beat the boss you have to shoot off the three red parts on her mask then drain her head with the light shot. After that you just dodge the green drops and keep capping her face till she dies. Hope that helps

Mei Ninja 07-03-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmurda33 (Post 4336918)
To beat the boss you have to shoot off the three red parts on her mask then drain her head with the light shot. After that you just dodge the green drops and keep capping her face till she dies. Hope that helps

Is there any way to get her to let go of you once she grabs you? Or do you just continue to shoot her face off and take unavoidable damage?

DoomKvlt 07-04-2011 01:34 AM

The only part of Act 4 I disliked was the three individual levels for side-scrolling. Those three levels could have been combined into one level.

gmurda33 07-04-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mei Ninja (Post 4336920)
Is there any way to get her to let go of you once she grabs you? Or do you just continue to shoot her face off and take unavoidable damage?

I don't really know if u can get her to let go of u, but u won't take any damage as long as u shoot the green drops that are going to hit u. So just do that and keep shooting her. I actually just beat it hard about five minutes ago and it seemed to take about as much time as it did on easy.

Mei Ninja 07-04-2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmurda33 (Post 4337494)
I don't really know if u can get her to let go of u, but u won't take any damage as long as u shoot the green drops that are going to hit u. So just do that and keep shooting her. I actually just beat it hard about five minutes ago and it seemed to take about as much time as it did on easy.

You take a bit of damage once she throws you against the back of the screen, not from the green drops.

Zombiedrd 07-06-2011 05:29 AM

I hated the side scroll-er part.

PorkSodaxx 07-06-2011 07:45 AM

I totally f*cking agree. There is nothing I love more than holding down the R-trigger for extended periods of time. The side-scrolling parts could have been cool but they were just so very, very poorly done. And the big boner part was incredibly stupid. I was expecting a bad ass adventure through a demon strip club, but all I got was a bunch of terrible sequences with Garcia shouting about his boner.

Honestly, I was starting to really like this game, but it's getting worse as I progress further in.

coloneilfrost 07-08-2011 02:09 AM

lol i hate the first part of act 4 more then side scrolling

DJ RJester 07-13-2011 08:07 PM

I quite enjoyed the side scrolling as was nice break from the main game, I have to agree though with the big boner part at the start of act 4 got extremely tedious after the first wave as you have to play game 3 times for all achievements.

llll epic llll 08-13-2011 12:51 AM

yes, the entire act was lame!

the action frampton 08-14-2011 01:39 AM

Well I'm completely stuck on the big boner part for a while now, so yes, I now hate chapter 4. And you all say there are 3 waves? If so then I am completely fucked as I can't do he forst one. And who's bright idea was it that you can't skip cutscenes?

I'm really staring to dislike this game because of this

Ali_P_84 08-14-2011 09:38 PM

It would be so much better on the big boner section if you could skip the telephone cut scene, and mute Garcia during it. The "joke" got very old very fast.

Delboy06eu 08-16-2011 08:14 AM

I got really cheesed off with the 3rd wave it was difficult and yes the joke wore thin quickly. I put on some Slipknot Pulse of the Maggots, and did it in one!
SOTD did lose its edge toward the end(and also became increasingly tough!), but the gameplay was very slick and such a variety of enemies it wasn't enough for me to tarnish its memory too much.

llll epic llll 08-17-2011 04:05 AM

The big boner parts are not that hard. The main thing to do is take your time and get headshots. Headshots are a 1 hit kill and you can blast the enemies from any distance.

WoodsMonk 08-17-2011 12:36 PM

Hated this chapter on my first playthrough, But didn't mind it on playthrough 2 and 3 :confused: :D

Hacker89 08-23-2011 05:29 AM

I actually really liked the side scrolling parts. I found them to be a nice break from the normal gameplay. If I hated anything about chapter 4 though, it was the puzzles. They were easy which is exactly my problem.

Hacker89 08-23-2011 05:33 AM

Oh, and the Big Boner sections were repetitive as hell. Should have been just one big part.

PePzi NL 08-26-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llll epic llll (Post 4427840)
The big boner parts are not that hard.

I see what you did there.

Younicorn 09-06-2011 10:52 PM

My one complaint with this game thus far was the Big Boner chapter.

I enjoyed using it once, maybe even twice, but when I got to the third time I was so over it that I nearly turned the game off it was so boring.

Also didn't help that my wife was watching me play as I was running across Paula's naked boobs...

XI Reborn II 10-18-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesterworld1@fsmail.net (Post 4356740)
I quite enjoyed the side scrolling as was nice break from the main game, I have to agree though with the big boner part at the start of act 4 got extremely tedious after the first wave as you have to play game 3 times for all achievements.

Agreed. The 2D side scroller parts were fine. A nice change. But the Big Boner parts were annoying as hell!

Kung Fu Man 11-02-2011 05:13 AM

Same sentiment here. Doing my last playthrough on the game on easy to clean up achievements, and I'm stuck at that part again. On easy.

Killing them isn't hard. It's remembering the details for each wave and just waiting for the little jerks to show up so the fast ones don't kill you.

Ctrl Alt Defeat 11-02-2011 08:58 PM

I can't play through it three times because you can't skip the friggin' cutscenes.

Kazuya Mishima 12-31-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacker89 (Post 4439388)
Oh, and the Big Boner sections were repetitive as hell. Should have been just one big part.

Or one short part, for that matter. ;)

NeoVampyre 12-12-2012 03:35 PM

I'm on act 4-5 at the minute and I see what you mean, although I'm still enjoying it.

DOPE BOI 01-18-2013 12:14 AM

I was screaming all your very points when I was in chapter 4 and as someone else said you cant skip cutscenes. Im starting my 2nd go now but I might just say forget it, maybe come back after a few other games.

pauly_27 02-07-2013 03:50 PM

They weren't bad ideas, but the big boner, scrolling parts followed by the "make a bridge" puzzle just really killed the flow of the game.

Very disappointing boss fight as well, considering the amount of time you spend chasing her.