XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midnight Club: Los Angeles (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=631)
-   -   Turn in the Work: unobtainable?!? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318325)

Gottle 07-02-2011 11:20 PM

Turn in the Work: unobtainable?!?

Is "Turn in the Work" still obtainable?! I can't upload anything, servers are always unavailable...

Anyone got this achievement legitly recently, or knows if servers are gone?

fronkde 07-05-2011 01:28 AM

I've tried this too numerous times and get the same response. I messaged someone who got it recently (end of June 2011) and they said they just kept trying. They'd do an offline race, then try to submit the car. They say it finally popped after 5 hrs. Rockstar's FAQ on the game say it may be linked to a user's Xbox Live Privacy settings - make sure you can share user created content. However, this didn't help me either so I've submitted a help request with Rockstar.

Stiminal 07-07-2011 08:57 PM

An achievement tracking website shows multiple people obtaining it in a period of three days leading up to july 21st. Since then, no one else have obtained it. Going from 10 people obtaining this over such a short period of time to none, then remain that way for over two weeks, there's no doubt something has happened to their server. Someone would have had gotten it within that timeframe had the server been working.

Gottle 07-08-2011 07:28 PM

You mean june 21st

Can you name that site? TA?

Stiminal 07-09-2011 01:43 AM

Damn it, always messing up between those two months!

Yes, TA. If I had a twitter account (which I absolutely never will get), I'd try to get a response from Rockstar Games there. If any of you happen to have an account, could you drop them a message and see if they reply to it? They appear to be quite active

Gottle 07-09-2011 09:03 AM

I've sent a mail 1week ago, with no response. And my rockstar account isn't linking to my gamertag.
To be honest, I had a bad user experience with rockstar on this game...cars that spawns from nowhere, servers down, out of bound glitch, rockstar social club impossible to activate properly, no response to my mail...

As Stiminal said, if you have a twitter account, try to tweet them that server issue :uzi:

Rusty187 07-09-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gottle (Post 4347682)
I've sent a mail 1week ago, with no response. And my rockstar account isn't linking to my gamertag.
To be honest, I had a bad user experience with rockstar on this game...cars that spawns from nowhere, servers down, out of bound glitch, rockstar social club impossible to activate properly, no response to my mail...

As Stiminal said, if you have a twitter account, try to tweet them that server issue :uzi:

I have been having the same problem, Midnight Club won't link at Social Club, but all my other Rockstar games with Social Club Support (L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4) show up in "My Games" and have linked without any issues. I sent Rockstar Support a message over 3 days ago and still have not heard anything in return. This is really pissing me off.

Gottle 07-11-2011 11:21 PM

Rockstar support answered to my mail: they suggested to set Online safety to "everyone". But it doesn't work.

If you have this issue, please leave a comment on THIS rockstar page

Stiminal 07-12-2011 12:44 AM

As far as the achievement in question, online safety clearly is not of any relevance in the ongoing issues. It would not explain 10 people getting it in a three day period, followed up by three weeks of nothing.

When I try to enter the website you're linking to, I just get this message: "You do not have access to request #50494. It may have been solved or deleted."

RwHo 07-12-2011 12:54 AM

I actually got this one recently. If I can remember, it did take some time because the servers are some of the worst ever but if you just keep trying you can get it. Good luck with it! (:

Stiminal 07-12-2011 06:10 AM

How recent? The xbox profile your gamercard links to shows 2008

Gottle 07-12-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiminal (Post 4353252)

He's confusing Everyone's a Critic (unlocked on 5/14/2011 and sill obtainable) with Turn in the Work (unlocked on 10/29/2008 and apparently unobtainable at the moment)

RwHo 07-12-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiminal (Post 4353252)

Yea man, my fault I looked at the wrong one. Sorry about that. Hope you can find a way to get that Achievement though!

Stiminal 07-14-2011 03:22 AM

Good news everyone! It is now possible to get the achievement. A few people over on TA got it, as well as I! Better get it done before anything happens

Biizarity Gaming 07-14-2011 09:51 AM

it has worked for me to so the servers must of started going ok.

Gottle 07-14-2011 07:17 PM

Got it today at 1st try! Whohoo, Rockstar left my personal blacklist, leaving EA alone! :woop:

oO.Leo.Oo 07-14-2011 11:12 PM

the server are online !!
For weeks im trying to ge this !

fronkde 07-16-2011 02:50 AM

Excellent - Rockstar answered my email and acknowledged there was an issue and they were working on it - and they did! Nice to see a developer who cares.

eHeadache 07-19-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fronkde (Post 4361763)
Excellent - Rockstar answered my email and acknowledged there was an issue and they were working on it - and they did! Nice to see a developer who cares.

^^exactly this

BowManHomie 08-14-2011 03:12 AM

I Dont know if it still works or not , but i got the achievement no problem, it said the servers wont working for me like once then worked right after.

Chaz Of Sparta 03-18-2012 05:36 PM

I got it a month ago, but I'm having trouble wit the 'Everyone's A Critic' achievement, the servers always seem to be unavalible. I'm pretty sure it isn't because of my privacy settings, as I had no trouble with the 'Turn In The Work' achievement.

DarkMellow 03-23-2012 12:17 PM

yea Im having touble with Everyone's a Critic, I managed to rate 3-4 rides then the servers were unavailable, but then I would try few seconds later and would let me into the menu bit but rating them is a no-go any more news on the server issue?

DMV 08-11-2012 06:48 AM

I still don't have it either. Whatever was fixed has vanished. Either way, I will keep trying as suggested.

luis207 05-25-2013 05:54 PM

I just got it on 5/25/13 so its still possible if anyone is still intersted:)

Psychotopia 12-17-2013 02:57 PM

I can confirm "Turn in the Work" is still available, it unlocked for me on December 15th, 2013

After uploading my first car and receiving the "servers aren't currently up and running" error;
I tried again 2 days later and it went through.

yospacely 12-28-2013 12:43 PM

I was also able to get Turn in the Work on 12/27/13.

I did get the message the server is unavailable twice before I was able to upload my car. Same with Everyone's a Critic but I would only be able to rate 2 cars before the server is unavailable message popped up. Just keep trying if you get that message, eventually you'll be able to do it.