XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dynasty Warriors 7 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2010)
-   -   This or DW6? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319470)

ubertrance 07-11-2011 03:35 AM

This or DW6?

I plan on getting either DW6 or 7 later on this week. I used to play the PS2 ones A LOT and I want to get back into it. Which one is better (as in 6 or 7)?

Thanks ahead of time

Necrophage33 07-11-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubertrance (Post 4350995)
I plan on getting either DW6 or 7 later on this week. I used to play the PS2 ones A LOT and I want to get back into it. Which one is better (as in 6 or 7)?

Thanks ahead of time

Definitely 7. I've seen a lot of people dislike 6 for whatever reason. I liked it a lot, but 7 is definitely better. The story modes are done worlds better than previous DW games, and made it really interesting, as well as being pretty long. Then Conquest Mode, which was a great addition, extends the gameplay a great deal, and is really fun to work your way around China doing battle.

Akatsuki Sw1tch 07-11-2011 11:52 PM

7 with out a single shred of doubt, 6 was the worst DW game I've ever played & removed a lot of the game mechanics from the predecessor's & gave us the dire renbu system (for a game series that constantly gets put down in magazines ect for being repetitive to actually change the system so you have LESS moves still baffles me to this day)

I've thoroughly enjoyed 7 and have still gone back to it on a weekly basis, The story modes for each faction are ace & you have conquest mode to muck about with afterwards + the DLC levels ect.

If your a fan of the originals I think you'll love it, I did :D

ubertrance 07-12-2011 02:37 AM

well the game store here only had 6 so I got it for like 12 bucks. I like it so far though, I plan on getting 7 when I can find it cheap

Prime4 07-12-2011 12:34 PM

I honestly really enjoyed Dynasty Warriors 6, but hear nothing but negative comments about it... I will say though that as much as I enjoyed Dynasty Warriors 6, Dynasty Warriors 7 was much more enjoyable than 6.

TheBritt2001 07-22-2011 11:01 PM

I actually prefer DW6 strangely enough. I do understand the comment about the repetitive nature of DW but it's always going to be really repetitive and I felt the designers decided 'why try to be anything more' and work with that nature to create something interesting. It was very different from other DW games and had a massive overhaul. Let's face it, the most used combo in DW is going to be XXXY every time ;).

Having said that I would say go for DW7 anyway, especially if you're looking for something that reminds you of previous generations of DW. I would also say that the best aspect of the latest game is the Story Mode, which follows a more progressive and naturally-flowing story, and sticks, far more, to the original story/historical events than other games have done. This made Story Mode fascinating.

I would actually say I'm a little disappointed with the Conquest Mode. Initially I though "fantastic, just like DW: Gundam 2"! But it's not really. Mission Mode in Gundam is a Hell of a lot more variable. Conquest is the same levels but with different characters that show up. I suppose I'd enjoy a lot more if I hadn't played Gundam 2 :p.

Ashunera 07-24-2011 02:22 PM

Both games do have motion clones
For Dynasty Warriors 6 , you have around 10 unique characters
the rest are clones of each other like , xu zhu , dong zhuo , wei yan
they all fight the same , do have the same moves
gameplay is well easy , all you do is press X ,
really , the game is a X button masher
story is a bit ok , graphics are kinda good (against warriors 5)
the AI in this game is , normal , they do fight back and take some hits before they die

in Warriors 7
EVERYONE is a motion clone
i mean , lubu can fight the same as dong zhuo for example
everyone can wield everyone's weapons , and that isn't interesting
combat is back to Warriors 5 style , combo system and that is good
the graphics are good against the 6 and the story is the best of the dynasty warrior series , it kinda detailed
the AI is Lazy in this game
mostly they just stand there and do nothing

i'm a dynasty warrior fan , and i enjoyed both
if you like 100% pure mindless action , then 6 is for you
do you like some strategy and story , then 7 is for you

JLitte27 07-26-2011 09:03 PM

if dynasty warriors 6 gave everyone there original weapons like this one did i would say 6. but i have to pick this one even though 6 has my favorite mission of all the dynasty warriors on it. The lu bu mission where you take out all the officers at once lol. Makes me feel like a badass haha

TheBritt2001 07-31-2011 03:02 AM

Hum, your problem with the cloned characters in DW6 is that several of them weren't clones for the PS2 version of the game. Because we're XBox users we got shafted. You'll actually find the extra stuff has been put into DW6: Empires, including some of the missing characters like Meng Huo (who was SO much better in 6 than he has ever been. Went rubbish again in 7 :(.)

matrixdude101 08-24-2011 08:31 AM

Get 7. In 6, it may tell you what to do, but that's all the instruction it gives you. In 7, it'll tell you what to do, and the thing you need to go to, or the guy you need to defeat on the minimap glows green. And in 7, there are no stupid challenges.

Assessedbeef 12-31-2012 03:28 AM

DW7 seems to be a mix of a regular DW game and DW Empires in one package. Def. this game...The achievements are easier also compared to DW6, one achievement on DW6, "Completist," is WAY too time consuming. Maxing every player to level 50 was nasty, takes 110+ hours I'm assuming for this one achievement. Also some of the officers are so slow, even if you have Red Hare the game takes forever to destroy. DW6 is a marathon, not a speed run unfortunately, and the game play of XXXXY-B gets boring.

In DW7 any character can be good enough to beat the game on chaos.
In DW6 the best player is Sun Shangxiang in my opinion. I beat every level on chaos difficulty fairly fast, her arrows made mince meat out of officers in no time. Lu Bu had nothing on her.

LCUU 06-06-2013 05:56 PM

Hands down DW7, even though I really enjoyed the horses system in DW6

tha body snatcher 06-10-2013 02:25 AM

7 for sure..... the renbu system was bad.. 6 was pretty gorgeous though
; for a DW game...i did like being able to grapple.