XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dead Rising (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   What did you do while waiting for 7-Day Survivor? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322049)

relauby 07-28-2011 02:39 AM

What did you do while waiting for 7-Day Survivor?

I'm just sitting here waiting for my 7-Day Survivor achievement to unlock, while occasionally pressing X, and I was wondering what you guys did or plan to do while waiting.

So far, I'm about 3 and a half hours in and I've spent most of the time signing up for a forum on some other site and talking there. I also have a few books with me, some podcasts with me to listen to and a DVD (Black Belt Jones) I might watch if I think my computer can handle playing a movie and me checking FAQs every now and then.

dill icioius 07-28-2011 03:07 AM

netflix. talked to my roommates. played something else on another system. be careful though, i ended up having to do two runs. i let myself get too hungry and didn't pay attention. i ended up eating while frank "starved". ironic?

relauby 07-28-2011 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dill icioius (Post 4387663)
netflix. talked to my roommates. played something else on another system. be careful though, i ended up having to do two runs. i let myself get too hungry and didn't pay attention. i ended up eating while frank "starved". ironic?

Yeah, I just died six and a half hours in. Not as crushing as I thought it would be, I just kinda shrugged and started over.

EDIT: You know what, I take it back. After playing for another 6 and a half hours to get where I was, and knowing I could be within an hour of the achievement, it is crushing. I was just too tired to realize last night.

NocturneManiac 07-29-2011 01:45 AM

I just did watched TV, surfed the web, other things around the house. All you really have to do is get somewhere 100% safe, then have your controller on Auto-Shut off (obviously without a play n charge cord plugged in) after you've topped off Frank's health. The controller will be your timer and shut off at around the time Frank will be needing another boost soon. All I had to do was switch my TV over from game when I had time to kill and then just flip back once I noticed my controller was out or happened to be aware of the time that had passed.

piwo4me 08-02-2011 01:20 AM

Picture in picture is key and don't fall asleep.

X360A Sam 08-02-2011 10:07 PM

i planned out everything i was going to do after it nothing got done :(

Sirfacee 09-07-2011 11:32 PM

i always get attacked b the damn zombies -- maybe im just bad. making my 5th and final attempt soon. any guides?

Jiga.Puzzle.5 09-08-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirfacee (Post 4476738)
i always get attacked b the damn zombies -- maybe im just bad. making my 5th and final attempt soon. any guides?

There are one's in the achievement guide for this game and a great one on youtube. Do you have the food books?

I went about my day really. Started at 7 AM cleaned around the house,played with my son,watched some football,picked my wife up from work,and was done by the time I put my son too bed.

Nearly died while picking my wife up from work. Got back with 20 seconds too spare.

TVthePunisher 09-09-2011 04:41 AM

I stuck with the 17day Survivor Guide on Youtube, whenever I was waiting to eat something I'd skip ahead to see what was next. I had to do some things differently than he did...and I actually ended up better for the most part. I ended up with less overall damage than what he took ;>__> though when I made it to the 6th day, I had enough food to last 24+ hours so I just stopped using the guide and stayed in Ned's Knitnackery for the remaining day.

While I was doing that, I did stuff around the house, watched something on the computer and kept myself occupied. I never got close to death this runthrough, so I'm proud =)

bblcreator8790 09-11-2011 05:13 PM

I played some Portal 2 custom maps on my PC.

Ragnarok1986 09-11-2011 11:31 PM

Smallville season 4 argument with the other half :) the time flew :D

d0ct0rscarecr0w 09-12-2011 05:39 AM

I used a timer to make sure I checked it every 19 minutes and played a game on my DS, read a book, or watched TV I did a bunch of things seeing as it took 14 hours. sometimes i would snipe zombies heads in the game or run in circles shooting the zombies with a squirt gun.

RF117 09-13-2011 05:00 PM

I was playing Call of Duty, on my second account in the next room. I would then check on Dead Rising every time a match would end (7-10 min).

7 Day Survivor achievement was a pain to complete, not hard in any way just time consuming.

Guitar LInc0ln 09-21-2011 07:55 AM

I was eating pizza with a friend.

Dawn Zombie 09-21-2011 08:21 AM

Living out my zombie fantasy. Played every hour of it and enjoyed it.

Dangerous Brian 09-27-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn Zombie (Post 4515224)

Someone actually played this all the way through? LOLZ

ScaRy ShiZniT 09-27-2011 10:47 PM

Ima do my run through soon i did it about 2years ago and lasted 5days but got bored so i quit i wish i hadnt now any tips and OT: played all of it and hated it after day 2 lol.

Armakuni 10-08-2011 08:12 PM

I did this nearly three years ago, but as I remember it I had to work for it (except the last couple of hours when I had my inventory full with food. Is there some glitch in the guide or what, since it seems like you didn't gave to spend time with the game other than feeding frank? :)

THE D ZASTA 10-25-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armakuni (Post 4566917)
I did this nearly three years ago, but as I remember it I had to work for it (except the last couple of hours when I had my inventory full with food. Is there some glitch in the guide or what, since it seems like you didn't gave to spend time with the game other than feeding frank? :)

Nope no glitch just need to get on top of a bookshelf and horde all of your food there so that you don't have to move around and download a timer on your PC so you can watch TV and Frank won't die.

So far I've watched three episodes of WWE that I was behind on, right now I'm watching Nightmare Before Christmas and I'm going to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Hopefully that will be enough to get to 7 days I'm almost to day 6 right now.

Done!

bp42069 10-26-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVthePunisher (Post 4480057)
I stuck with the 17day Survivor Guide on Youtube, whenever I was waiting to eat something I'd skip ahead to see what was next. I had to do some things differently than he did...and I actually ended up better for the most part. I ended up with less overall damage than what he took ;>__> though when I made it to the 6th day, I had enough food to last 24+ hours so I just stopped using the guide and stayed in Ned's Knitnackery for the remaining day.

While I was doing that, I did stuff around the house, watched something on the computer and kept myself occupied. I never got close to death this runthrough, so I'm proud =)

I think I made that, unless someone else put up another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerous Brian (Post 4532093)
Someone actually played this all the way through? LOLZ

About as maxed out as it gets now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn Zombie (Post 4515224)

I did as well! :)

KayCeaEffahless 10-26-2011 07:46 AM

I posted in this forum and several others>,>. I'm currently attempting this right now, and so far it's not too bad. But it will be a long haul of an achievement to say the least:p

notpennysboat11 12-14-2011 11:00 AM

I watched tv and had a stop watch go off every 18 mins so i could switch back on and quickly eat another item of food it was like having a Frank tamagotchi!!

TVthePunisher 12-14-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bp42069 (Post 4622480)
I think I made that, unless someone else put up another.

Yes, it was your guide. A few times I had to return for the megabuster and ended up slightly off schedule for what I needed to be, so I had to skip a survivor or two but all I wanted was 7 day survivor. Thanks to your guide, around the sixth day I just settled into the Knicknackeries or whatever it's named, the store with the swords and battle axe (antique store)...watched the clock, waited for my achievement.

KingRep 12-19-2011 10:01 AM

im thinking about doing this long haul of an achieve and from the looks of it i gonna have to find something to keep me busy. btw it is a 14 hour achieve right?

AttendantAsh 01-19-2012 04:25 PM

What I did was watch a lot of Netflix's and play around on the internet. Yes this is a 14 hour long achievement. Yes it sucks to do but the laser sword is a in game item that I always wanted.

ASUnknown 02-02-2012 09:40 PM

I was just reading lots of reviews, listening to music and working out a plan for what to do once I had to start moving again, but then I made the foolish mistake of entering the Security Room to get a new Mega Buster when I had a good 1-2 days worth of food dumped in Ned's Knicknackery. I was about 6 hours in. The worst thing was, I had 150 shots left and I really did not need a new Mega Buster. Oh well, at least I know not to do it next time...

SevenJesterHats 02-04-2012 02:38 PM

basically i had a day off work got up early (just for this achievement lol) started the achievement then i just stayed in my house all day.. cleaning, cooking, watchin telly just normal every day things with my dead rising game in clear view :)

Deadsea 18 03-04-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AttendantAsh (Post 4836237)
What I did was watch a lot of Netflix's and play around on the internet. Yes this is a 14 hour long achievement. Yes it sucks to do but the laser sword is a in game item that I always wanted.

I'm going for the ''Strike'' achivement at the beggining of 72 Hour Mode. next then in Overtime Mode ''Hella Copta'', and ''Perfect gunner''.

Then back to 72 hour mode to do the achivement I always reggreted never getting ''Zombie genocider'' just so I can get the Mega Man Buster to one day go for the ''Saint'' achivement. Then start up a new 72 hour mode to go after ''PP Collector'' (I already got most of the PP pics written down so I can just go were I need to to take a picture. I did not want to use a guide for this,I went store to store in Al Fresko Plaza,Wonderland Plaza,and the upstairs in Entrance Plaza. I also went to the gun store in North Plaza,and pics in Lesuire Park. I also nabbed a pic in the butcher shop in the Maitenece Tunnels. So I still have to explore downstairs Entrance Plaza,Paradise Plaza and North Plaza. Also the pic of the statue of the dried up fountain in North Plaza :( )

After all of that I want to do Infinite mode to get that Laser Sword (Light Saber). I think I'll go after 7 day survivor after all.

To every one theres a glitch I've heard about The Food Court were the game freezes on and after the 4th day if you go inside it. So I'd say rack up all the food you can from there before the 4th day to avoid this. :)

Also. Yes the safest place in the game is the Antique shop in The Entrance Plaza. It has a door that you can just shut and stay in there. As long as the door is shut and there are no zombies in the store,you are 100% safe.

Nei Debrusc 03-09-2012 09:22 AM

I talked with my bro and read a book. A lot of the time I'd walk out of the room to stretch my legs while keeping my eye on the clock. Grab a bite to eat and stuff like that. My controller turned off every fifteen minutes, so I was pretty relaxed about the clock. Did have to leave it running while I slept one time.

Going for this achievement was 14 hours of the least gaming I've done in years.

Deadsea 18 03-12-2012 11:09 AM

Now since I have the Mega Man gun, and the Strike achivement,perfect gunner,Unbreakable,Hella Copter,ETC so I'm ready....I just have to use a guide first that way I can do this once and once only. This achivement and the 5 day survivor I want pretty badly. The two achivements I dread right now is ''Saint'' and ''Transmissionary''. I had fun killing Otis that dumb bastard. ''Frank why did you hang up on me anyway...'' ''Oh sorry Otis while your eating a snack in the saferoom I'm trying to avoid getting eaten by zombies.''