XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alice: Madness Returns (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2158)
-   -   Shrinking Violets regenerate health! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322429)

Restricted-Access 07-31-2011 07:46 AM

Shrinking Violets regenerate health!

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this before. It's not even in the in-game manual.

If you "hold" the shrink sense button, while you are on (or already inside) one of these Shrinking Violets (and your health is not 100%)... keep holding the button, and your health will regenerate!

I only discovered this by accident, as I was battling several enemies... and I was curious if the flower would protect me from attacks, and I noticed my health was regenerating (and I was NOT wearing anything to regenerate health).

I don't know if it will restore complete health, if you are near death (since I haven't been in that state since I discovered this).

This explains what the description of the "Late but Lucky" dress means ("Imbued with the power of Shrinking Violets")!

I hope this is helpful to anyone who hasn't discovered this before.
:)

YhoJo Kinson 07-31-2011 01:45 PM

I figured this out during the first chapter, what you say is true plus if your health is really low and you fill it up all the way you get more tetth out of the plant instead of just two per flower.

Well Done for pointing out tho, coz i only found it by mistake myself haha

JellyBean1183 10-28-2011 10:38 PM

I was half way through chapter 2 when my boyfriend pointed that out to me..

Silverglade85 10-30-2011 09:52 PM

Yeah it will restore your health completely. I was down to only one half rose and was able to fill up completely at flower.

gooniesala 10-31-2011 05:35 AM

thats a great help :D thanks I never noticed that before

CyberPunch83 11-29-2011 04:46 PM

I remember I stepped on one by accident while small. Initially startled me, had me thinking it wanted to eat me or something. Then I saw it was regenerating my health. Those violets are godsends, especially on Nightmare mode.

Twincats 12-04-2011 11:52 PM

I'll definitely have to keep this in mind when I make my run through Nightmare difficulty. Thanks for the tip. :D

driftingdoll 01-11-2012 06:09 PM

I didn't figure this out until I'd almost beat the game LOL Like CyberPunch83, I accidentally stepped on one while I was small, but thought that it was hurting me, so I never did it again. It would have been super helpful if I'd known this earlier on!

voodoobabe666 01-14-2012 07:52 PM

I'm so glad i read this thread before starting this game it helped out alot. Thanks man great find.

OOOOOPS MY BAD 01-29-2012 06:52 PM

Man... Shrinking is so helpfull on Nightmare mode. It helps me alot to get my last achievement. :)

AnthonyFallen 03-28-2012 12:30 PM

I didn't notice it on my first playthrough either... Guess I was too much into following the storyline.

Restricted-Access 11-25-2014 07:03 AM

Should this be stickied?

Should I request that a moderator might sticky this thread? This is VERY useful information, and isn't mentioned in the game or in-game manual. I hate to "bump" the thread to get this back on the first page... but I certainly wouldn't want anyone to miss seeing this info.

I only noticed it was on the second page, because I got an e-mail that someone posted a message in a different thread in this forum I'm subscribed to... and I didn't see this thread on the first page anymore.