XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forza Motorsport 4 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2054)
-   -   Achievement Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326169)

KAPiNG 08-27-2011 03:22 AM

Achievement Discussion

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...1/UPhzAjA=.jpgLook Ma, No Controller!5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.pngUse Kinect to drive any car in Free Play.
I dont have Kinect, If I want to play motion sensor I would of not sold the Wii for 50$ I won once.

Anyone dissapointed? I know its no big deal but to me that is stupid because No one IMO uses kienct.. Il probly wont get 995 but I will surely try.

Anyone else is in the same boat as me?

Whole list can be found HERE.

Fungidoctor 08-27-2011 03:24 AM

Same boat? You bet! No way I will ever buy a Kinect. I have seen people using it and there is no way, not for me. 995 game for me too, maybe 985, unicorn cars are hard to get.

Painkiller Q8 08-27-2011 03:54 AM

you guys are missing a lot of fun... get Kinect and enjoy other games like Kinect Sports and Ninja Fruit !!!

Daniel55645 08-27-2011 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAPiNG (Post 4448953)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...1/UPhzAjA=.jpgLook Ma, No Controller!5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.pngUse Kinect to drive any car in Free Play.
I dont have Kinect, If I want to play motion sensor I would of not sold the Wii for 50$ I won once.

Anyone dissapointed? I know its no big deal but to me that is stupid because No one IMO uses kienct.. Il probly wont get 995 but I will surely try.

Anyone else is in the same boat as me?

i will def be going for the full 1000gs no matter what it takes

Spun77xLucky Stricke 08-27-2011 04:43 AM

995g:( i gonna star TO SELL CRACK to buy that kinect :woop: LOL LOL

Moe Marston 08-27-2011 06:01 AM

No one uses Kinect? http://www.xbox.com/en-us/press/arch...illion-kinects

McGoogles 08-27-2011 06:11 AM

First they did it with Rainbow Six Vegas, now with Forza? How long 'till they make something for the Xbox 360 that costs a thousand dollars and start creating achievements that require them?

Anyways, I'm definitely getting this game but I won't settle for anything less than 1000G. I might have to rent a Kinect, somehow.

stevedb79 08-27-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moe Marston (Post 4449140)

lots of people have a kinect, like me.....just no one uses the bloody things, mines been collecting dust since about 2 weeks after release day :drunk

thoseAREmySHOES 08-27-2011 07:54 AM

My friends and I were discussing that Forza 4 would probably simply have a very simple, low point Kinect acheivement... sadly, we were right. Time to borrow the roommates' Kinect!

IEvil IMonkey 08-27-2011 08:12 AM

Im sure everyone has a friend that has kinect to get this easy 5g.... i'll be using my friends to get this done as I just sold my kinect

cutchinz 08-27-2011 08:31 AM

I'm good because my sister bought the Kinect for Dance Central ;)

ImaginaryRuins 08-27-2011 08:52 AM

Thank you, Forza 4, you have just turned away one of your potential customer, me, because of this super stupid achievement.

Look Forza 4, No money for you from me

Bloodrune 08-27-2011 09:04 AM

You're going to pass up the best racing game in history over a meaningless achievement? I like them too but get your priorities straight, man.

ImaginaryRuins 08-27-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodrune (Post 4449323)
You're going to pass up the best racing game in history over a meaningless achievement? I like them too but get your priorities straight, man.

As for me, I value BOTH game and achievements. Understand that everyone has different priorities, man. You have your own while others may have their own.

But like you said, this Kinect achievement is meaningless.

Burnout x360a 08-27-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImaginaryRuins (Post 4449308)
Thank you, Forza 4, you have just turned away one of your potential customer, me, because of this super stupid achievement.

Look Forza 4, No money for you from me

Over 5G? C'mon man, it's far too good a game to pass up.

Sir Goatfather 08-27-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinadine76 (Post 4449271)
Im sure everyone has a friend that has kinect to get this easy 5g.... i'll be using my friends to get this done as I just sold my kinect

You really sure about that? ... I don't.

zoocoo90 08-27-2011 11:45 AM

That stinks. I'm not gonna get Kinect so i'm in the same boat. Only 995 for me and the others who don't want kinect

SpectreSoldier 08-27-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGoogles (Post 4449151)
First they did it with Rainbow Six Vegas, now with Forza? How long 'till they make something for the Xbox 360 that costs a thousand dollars and start creating achievements that require them?

Anyways, I'm definitely getting this game but I won't settle for anything less than 1000G. I might have to rent a Kinect, somehow.

Don't forget burnout paradise.

Anyways I'll get the game but for kinect... I'll never buy it!!

Vigor 08-27-2011 02:58 PM

Wow, these achievement tiles are fucking ugly, seriously, 90's photoshop styles are back in town!

Chris666 08-27-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungidoctor (Post 4448957)
unicorn cars are hard to get.

I don't get it. What's a unicorn car?

MxPx 08-27-2011 07:27 PM

Borrow kinect from friend.

Profit.

Sir Goatfather 08-27-2011 07:54 PM

This is a terrible first post for the Achievement Discussion thread. It's just going to be talk about that one achievement. The whole list is fine and balanced.

Harry Rasing 08-27-2011 08:12 PM

The achievements list is one big disappointing for me!! Looks exactly the same as Forza 3 but now the list contains very ugly arcade-looking achievement-pictures. And it will be no fun at all to get all these achievements because completing an endless eventlist full of boring races just sucks!

The Kinect achievement makes me just angry! :uzi:

Maybe the beauty of the game and the new online-options can save this game, but I'll wait untill it's low-priced!

DEG23 08-28-2011 09:51 AM

I know i have to tread carefully, seeing as this is an achievement site and all but, Forza is one of those games you buy for the sheer pleasure of simulated driving and near realistic graphics.

Yeah sure i'm going to work towards getting as many achievements as i can but considering how many people pre ordered this game, or even had the intention of buying it before this list was revealed goes to show that the game is worth more than the achievements. How many people can honestly say they wait to see what the achievement list is for a game before deciding whether to buy it?

So yeah, the majority of people will end up with 995/1000, but to refuse to buy the game because of the kinect achievement is like finally getting a date with a super model than cancelling at the last minute because you find out she's missing a pinkie toe:confused:

Barad 08-28-2011 11:14 AM

TERRBILE LIST!

Exact same as Forza 3 except it's worse this time as they've added kinect. Fail.

ImaginaryRuins 08-28-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himalaybarad (Post 4451441)
TERRBILE LIST!

Exact same as Forza 3 except it's worse this time as they've added kinect. Fail.

Exactly! Win ALL races, upgrade again to max level, now even more demanding that players need to play up to 10th season.

As for Kinect, I suppose there is a risky method: asking those who have Kinect to "recover gametag" for those who don't to help them get that 5G. Of course this is risky since the email and password are needed

SatNiteEduardo 08-29-2011 01:56 AM

lol everyone complaining about kinect. I assume people will have billions of dollars to spend on unicorn cars then.

Mongolian Beef 08-29-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himalaybarad (Post 4451441)
TERRBILE LIST!

QFT.

Recycled list and lame as hell kinect.

Z3R0 S1X 08-29-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImaginaryRuins (Post 4451559)
Win ALL races, upgrade again to max level, now even more demanding that players need to play up to 10th season.

I wonder if the seasons will be shorter than in Forza 3 because that game took me around 150 hours to compete. Well I've been saying for a few months now that I will have to 1K Forza 4 because I completed Forza 2 & 3 but this time it will take a lot longer. I'm guessing 200 hours to 100% the game which is waaaaay to much time even if its a great game.

Midnight Malice 08-30-2011 06:03 AM

I think some of you are missing the point as far as being 5 points and people complaining. Why would you not complain? Basically forcing you to buy further hardware to play a game that is "useable" with Kinect but not required. Whether you buy it or play at a friends house whatever, is irrelevent. I don't know anyone with Kinect and I am absolutely disgusted at the inclusion of this achievement. I can only see this as a huge can of worms being opened with future Kinect compatible games. "Lead your squad through a level using Kinect voice controls" "Get a grenade kill by waving your arm like a Jedi in a ranked match" there is no limit to the way these achievements can be added to games, and I almost think Microsoft would push games to do it if they are Kinect compatible.

I have absolutely no intention of buying Kinect, and I have no intention of playing Forza 4 now. It isn't because I won't get the 1000, it is because of the audacity of the developer who were probably forced by microsoft corporate to include an achievement that basically shoves Kinect in my face. I don't care if you make games Kinect compatible, thats fine, but making a game that basically requires the purchase of additional hardware that is not already required to play the game as intended is basically like a nut shot with a wiffle ball bat.

As for the rest of the achievements, it is basically Forza 3's list with 1 clever achievement and the addition of 2 very very bad achievements. That being import a Forza 3 save file and the Kinect one. So not only do you want me to go through every event (probably double Forza 3's event list) again and get 1st. But I need Kinect and a Forza 3 save file as well? Forza 4 sold out, basically pushing Microsofts new baby Kinect, plus a warthog in the game as well....... are you kidding me?

Ruining an awesome game by gimmicky trash. I bet you see "Halo" billboards on tracks and Ronald Mcdonald as guest race announcer too. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Batmobile with Arkham City Advertisement as the 1st "Unicorn Car"