XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   X-Men: Destiny (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1932)
-   -   Achievement Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326716)

Method 08-30-2011 11:15 AM

Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements in this thread. The list can be found HERE.

dAFKave813 09-11-2011 11:39 AM

I dunno about the secret achievements, but the revealed ones seem pretty standard for an action/adventure/rpg type game. Should not be too difficult unless there are some timed or immortal kinda of achievements hidden in there.

Sarcastro 09-22-2011 12:13 AM

Barring the game playing horrible, the list doesn't look to bad. Definitely two playthroughs.

I'm looking forward to this game.

daishichi 09-26-2011 03:47 AM

One slight complaint:

Can I Get A Valkyrie? You were defeated 100 times....0 Pts

Yes, it's zero points, but will still be required for "100% Completion" (see the crappy Superman Returns). I'm guessing this will be a half hour of my life I won't get back, since I won't be dying anywhere near that. It's a cutesy hassle.

Dartaiasen 09-27-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daishichi (Post 4528214)
One slight complaint:

Can I Get A Valkyrie? You were defeated 100 times....0 Pts

Yes, it's zero points, but will still be required for "100% Completion" (see the crappy Superman Returns). I'm guessing this will be a half hour of my life I won't get back, since I won't be dying anywhere near that. It's a cutesy hassle.

I don't know how much of a hassle it will be to wrap up. I'm almost done with playthrough #1 (started on hardest difficulty to see if achievements stack), and due to frustrating camera deaths, and enemies ability to damage you during cutscenes when you yourself can't move, I've died more times than I can count already.

Also, be prepared for extremely frustrating boss fights on the hardest difficulty. None are too difficult to beat once you figure out their moveset, but several of them are fought in multiple stages, and a spotty checkpoint system makes you start the fight all over again if you die in a later stage.

The Spooky Goat 09-28-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartaiasen (Post 4533502)
I'm almost done with playthrough #1 (started on hardest difficulty to see if achievements stack), and due to frustrating camera deaths, and enemies ability to damage you during cutscenes when you yourself can't move, I've died more times than I can count already.

So.... Do they stack?

Dartaiasen 09-28-2011 12:16 AM

Lol, patience man! I made that post like 20 minutes ago. Just beat the final boss and yes, achievements do stack. First playthrough on hardest difficulty yielded 690 achievement points. Would have been more if I was following a collectables guide along with it. Now for wrap-up =D

Midnight Malice 09-28-2011 07:00 AM

Done with a collectible guide and reloading saves after choices I think this could be done in 5-10 hours with a single playthrough. Even if forced to 2 playthroughs, 15 hours at the absolute most with cleanup and such. Too bad too, it is actually quite fun. But I was hoping for A LOT more. I like X-Men way more than Batman, but I guess Arkham City will have to scratch my super hero itch, cause this one isn't going to do it.

Haff 09-28-2011 06:39 PM

So i just finished my first playthrough, and ended up with 690 points, and i didnt play on the hardest level yet. I died like 3 times the whole time, so i would recommend starting on the hardest level to save yourself a tougher playthrough when gathering achievements. One of the ones i didnt get was triggering the x factor, anyone know how to get that?

Vendetta 09-28-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haff (Post 4535574)
So i just finished my first playthrough, and ended up with 690 points, and i didnt play on the hardest level yet. I died like 3 times the whole time, so i would recommend starting on the hardest level to save yourself a tougher playthrough when gathering achievements. One of the ones i didnt get was triggering the x factor, anyone know how to get that?

You have to equip the same 4 x-genes/suits (suit, power, defense, etc...) of one person. I did it with Colossus and then hit LB and A button? It should trigger then. When you equip the suit of the person it gives instructions on how to do it. Hope that helps

Vendetta 09-28-2011 06:49 PM

I just have the last 3 levels to finish on Hard mode tonight. Then grind a few kills and idle my xbox for the 100 times defeated and another completion to throw on the pile :D

Haff 09-28-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendetta (Post 4535607)
You have to equip the same 4 x-genes/suits (suit, power, defense, etc...) of one person. I did it with Colossus and then hit LB and A button? It should trigger then. When you equip the suit of the person it gives instructions on how to do it. Hope that helps

oh man is that it? i was wearing a full suit for a while and never thought to hit a different button, thanks. The only other big achievement i dont know how to get is the complete all 15 missions. I got the 10, and only lost one challenge that i wasnt able to restart and get, so im hoping thats the 15th, or else i missed one somewhere and have no idea where it is

daishichi 09-28-2011 08:57 PM

There's a useful thread building on the challenges and which mission you'll want to replay to get them: click here. It seems that your faction will outright prevent you from being offered certain missions the first time through, but you won't have to do a full second playthrough.

I'm curious: anyone find it hard to get an "Insane" combo? I'm only just past the Sublime boss fight, so don't know how much easier it will be to keep up a combo; I've seen "Great" and "Awesome", but haven't been aiming for them specifically. I've probably got the wrong power set for it: Density Control is mostly close quarter brawling, and if getting hit ends a combo, I get hit a lot.

Midnight Malice 09-28-2011 10:42 PM

I've gotten a couple Insane combos, I'm using the Dark Matter power and just X X X Y combo into a Phase Shift into another Phase Shift, that gives it to me if there are enough enemies. The VERY 1st time I got it though I used the RT B power on the way to the roof when you get attacked by all the mutant "Colossus" enemies all straight in front of you in a narrow passageway. (Near the end of the game) I hit RT B and took them all out with that and the cheevo popped.

Haff 09-29-2011 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daishichi (Post 4535993)
There's a useful thread building on the challenges and which mission you'll want to replay to get them: click here. It seems that your faction will outright prevent you from being offered certain missions the first time through, but you won't have to do a full second playthrough.

I'm curious: anyone find it hard to get an "Insane" combo? I'm only just past the Sublime boss fight, so don't know how much easier it will be to keep up a combo; I've seen "Great" and "Awesome", but haven't been aiming for them specifically. I've probably got the wrong power set for it: Density Control is mostly close quarter brawling, and if getting hit ends a combo, I get hit a lot.

The only insane combos ive gotten were when i got the ability to turn into that huge rock guy thing lol i call him in and just pound the ground and hit a ton of enemies and ive gotten quite a few insane combos doing that

heathkilljoy 09-29-2011 02:20 AM

It's a Secret to Everybody15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.pngFind the U-Men secret lab.

can some one tell me where this one is i cant find it

Fang Ma Guo Lai 09-29-2011 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathkilljoy (Post 4536764)
It's a Secret to Everybody15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f.../site/gp-g.pngFind the U-Men secret lab.

can some one tell me where this one is i cant find it

Keep playing the game. It's level 4 or 5. You get the achieve as you progress through the story.

heathkilljoy 09-29-2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fang Ma Guo Lai (Post 4536811)
Keep playing the game. It's level 4 or 5. You get the achieve as you progress through the story.

that great i beat the game twice now and i didnt get it

Fang Ma Guo Lai 09-29-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathkilljoy (Post 4536860)

That's odd then. As soon as i smashed through the ground into the base I unlocked it.

SK8BT 09-29-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathkilljoy (Post 4536860)

Either the cheevo glitched or you're fibbing. It's a story progressing achievement, bub.

SK8BT 09-29-2011 11:13 PM

Can anyone who already has 100% achievements please contribute to my post on where to farm for the "# of kills" achievements, please? Wanna send this game back to gamefly as SOON as possible.

HavokAndChaos 10-02-2011 04:30 PM

Do the kill cheevoes count if you have multiple characters, or does it all have to be done with one character and replay/new game+?

Fang Ma Guo Lai 10-03-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavokAndChaos (Post 4546649)
Do the kill cheevoes count if you have multiple characters, or does it all have to be done with one character and replay/new game+?

Has to be the same character for kill/collection achievements.

Tyger7 10-05-2011 07:56 AM

Anyone know if there are problems unlocking the killing 2000 Purifiers?

I currently have 2314 and no achievement yet.

Edit: Got it at 2388. I wonder why it took forever.

Wow now I have 20 kills on enforcers and the achievement didn't unlock. I wonder if it has something to do with killing with Ultra Power?

2nd EDIT: Okay it unlocked while I was playing the last mission on hard...I was fighting normal enemies, died, and played some more. It just randomly unlocked without me killing any more of that enemy type.

HojgaardJonas 10-05-2011 03:38 PM

Does anyone else find it wierd, that there's no achievement for collecting all the dossiers(there's one for 15 but there's 24 overall), finding all the x-genes, collecting all suits, destroying all propaganda( you get one for 25 but there's 36 overall) or at least complete all levels 100% (finding everything). What's the point of the collectibles then??

frpilot 10-05-2011 04:41 PM

does anyone know how/where to get the secret achievement "fist of the northstar"

i know you're suppose to save northstar from being mindcontrolled, but i don't know where and how to do it.

Fang Ma Guo Lai 10-05-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frpilot (Post 4556223)
does anyone know how/where to get the secret achievement "fist of the northstar"

i know you're suppose to save northstar from being mindcontrolled, but i don't know where and how to do it.

Play the game joining sides with the X-men. This is story related in the mission after you do the mission where you choose the x-men.

NShepherd N7 03-24-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyger7 (Post 4555045)
Anyone know if there are problems unlocking the killing 2000 Purifiers?

I currently have 2314 and no achievement yet.

Edit: Got it at 2388. I wonder why it took forever.

Wow now I have 20 kills on enforcers and the achievement didn't unlock. I wonder if it has something to do with killing with Ultra Power?

2nd EDIT: Okay it unlocked while I was playing the last mission on hard...I was fighting normal enemies, died, and played some more. It just randomly unlocked without me killing any more of that enemy type.

That's strange they unlocked right on que for me. Except for U-Men, which unlocked after 22 kills. I wonder what the problem is?