XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sonic CD (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2406)
-   -   Is this actually happening? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328975)

Mariofan141 09-12-2011 03:53 AM

Is this actually happening?
 
If so, then yay! I loved playing this on Sonic Gems Collection on the GameCube, so this should be a fun but tough 200G. :woop:

If not... BAW

Darth Rinoa 09-13-2011 12:47 PM

Yes it is happening, a spokesperson for SEGA have actually announced it, it won't be the same as the other Sonic emulated games on XBLA as this is going to be proper widescreen and in HD.

I can guess what 5 achievements would be already for this and those are the obviuos one for any Sonic game

SteAndHod 09-15-2011 05:44 PM

Yeah, I've heard its confirmed. Can't wait! Never had a SEGA CD, never had a chance to play this one! Tried the PC version but it never worked with our version of Windows.

merzitar 09-16-2011 02:04 PM

I'm glad that they're finally putting this on XBLA... unfortunatley for me, they're only including the Japanese soundtrack. I grew up with the 1996 PC version of Sonic CD, so all my memories connected to Sonic CD include the US soundtrack (composed by Spencer Nilsen). Hopefully they'll obtain the rights in time for the release as I'd love an option to be able to select the desired soundtrack.

PyreBall 09-24-2011 07:11 PM

This is just about the only 2D Sonic game I haven't played. I'm looking forward to it :)

Veedrock 09-25-2011 01:16 AM

This is one of the few Sonic games I haven't gotten the True Ending for. Those Time Stone were pretty difficulty to obtain. If this game isn't an emulation as reported, there will be no game saves which will make this a pretty awesome challenge (assuming there's an achievement for it).

EDIT: I should clarify something. The original game (EDIT: on PC at least) DID have the ability to save your game either after each Act or Zone (can't remember). So yes you can reload a save to replay a level again for whatever reason (beating a certain Act in a certain time, going for Time Stone challenges, etc), you just shouldn't be able to save in progress.

Zexas 10-01-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedrock (Post 4525385)
This is one of the few Sonic games I haven't gotten the True Ending for. Those Time Stone were pretty difficulty to obtain. If this game isn't an emulation as reported, there will be no game saves which will make this a pretty awesome challenge (assuming there's an achievement for it).

+1

Those time stones were really difficult to obtain..

I hope there will be a save feature like STH1、2、3&K XD

Miles Prower F6 10-14-2011 04:30 AM

I would have been more impressed with Sonic 3D Blast.

The Grim Dealer 10-19-2011 04:16 PM

Can't wait!

TVthePunisher 10-19-2011 11:18 PM

All we need now is Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure 2 and maybe Sonic Spinball.

Miles Prower F6 10-22-2011 12:54 AM

If SADX came with the GG games like it did on the GC we'd have the whole collection nearly.

Lyam K Yen 11-01-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merzitar (Post 4501221)
I'm glad that they're finally putting this on XBLA... unfortunatley for me, they're only including the Japanese soundtrack. I grew up with the 1996 PC version of Sonic CD, so all my memories connected to Sonic CD include the US soundtrack (composed by Spencer Nilsen). Hopefully they'll obtain the rights in time for the release as I'd love an option to be able to select the desired soundtrack.

The Japanese soundtrack is awsome !! I really prefer this one !

But I understand your feeling =) Let's hope !

boldfoxrd 11-23-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVthePunisher (Post 4603762)
All we need now is Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure 2 and maybe Sonic Spinball.


And then Streets of Rage 1 and 3, Golden Axe 2, and some Master System games such as Sonic 1 and 2 (damn S2 on MS was hard).

Gor1lla 11-30-2011 01:59 PM

How did you get those (hard to obtain) time stones? Are they related to speed runs or just well hidden?

Darth Rinoa 11-30-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gor1lla (Post 4726291)
How did you get those (hard to obtain) time stones? Are they related to speed runs or just well hidden?

If I remeber correctly its the same as Sonic 1, where as you have to get 50 rings and then just through the giant ring at the end of the act, and then in the Special Stage you have to destroy a set amount of UFO's in a set time limit

merzitar 11-30-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Rinoa (Post 4726752)
If I remeber correctly its the same as Sonic 1, where as you have to get 50 rings and then just through the giant ring at the end of the act, and then in the Special Stage you have to destroy a set amount of UFO's in a set time limit

Yes, that's correct. From what I can remember when playing it on the PC when I was a kid, the bonus stages were rather difficult. I can't wait for this!!

TVthePunisher 11-30-2011 09:50 PM

Any release info on this yet? I can't wait to pick it up.

merzitar 11-30-2011 10:46 PM

All we have at the moment is that the OFFICIAL release is for Late 2011. However, SEGA mentioned that whilst Android get the game in November, the rest will be released in December. And of course, it's obviously going to be December sometime now because we're in December tomorrow lol. I really can't wait to play this fantastic game again - one of my favourite Sonic titles.

Kramericus 12-01-2011 11:20 AM

It was like this with Sonic 4 too if I remember. Sega isnt particularly good about giving release dates.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.