XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radiant Silvergun (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1942)
-   -   100% Destruction on boss of Chapter 2E? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331538)

folnevar 09-25-2011 09:50 AM

100% Destruction on boss of Chapter 2E?

Does anyone know how to achieve 100% destruction on this boss? I get 90% every time. Not sure what I am missing. This is the retro looking vector boss.

Any pros out there willing to make a FAQ for 100% destruction on all bosses?

WilRonward 09-26-2011 07:00 PM

I'm no pro and this boss was also the last one I needed... Took a few tries to figure it out! You need to destroy:

* Both hands [10% each] (that shouldn't be a problem)
* Both cannons [10% each] = easiest part to miss! One of them shoots 3~5 ways (depending on your difficulty), the other one shoots straight lasers. The trick is: only one of them is hittable at a time. The boss needs to flip over (not turn, FLIP) for the second one to be shootable.
* Body (big rectangle part) [50%] = be careful! If you destroy this, only the core will be left... so destroy the hands and cannons before the body.
* Core (yellow sphere) [10%] = try not to destroy it before the rest, but that isn't really an issue

The rest is 0% destruction so don't worry about it!

Other bosses are pretty straight forward to 100% IMO.

I was thinking of making an achievement guide for the game... But I wanted to 1CC Arcade first, and it is now obvious -even with 10 lives in Very Easy- that I won't be achieving this before quite some time.
There's no way to "cheese" this game, you HAVE to get good and score big if you want to have a chance against the Last boss...

deexor 09-27-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilRonward (Post 4529745)
I was thinking of making an achievement guide for the game... But I wanted to 1CC Arcade first, and it is now obvious -even with 10 lives in Very Easy- that I won't be achieving this before quite some time.
There's no way to "cheese" this game, you HAVE to get good and score big if you want to have a chance against the Last boss...

The only cheese here, I think, is Ikaruga chaining. The chain maximum score is lower (100,000 vs. 25,600), but there are many opportunities for scoring, and it's a lot easier for novices (think stage 3-3 without restricting yourself to shooting red only).

I predict your weapons will be several levels higher by stage 6 without any massive study on scoring. :)

folnevar 09-30-2011 03:49 AM

Thanks for your help! I will give it another try. I haven't been keeping track really well, but I'm pretty sure this is the last boss I need 100% on.

I thought I was pretty good at this game back when I had the Saturn version, but maybe it was just the attrition of having lots of continues in Saturn/Story mode. :) Getting my butt kicked nowadays!

WilRonward 09-30-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deexor (Post 4531486)
The only cheese here, I think, is Ikaruga chaining. The chain maximum score is lower (100,000 vs. 25,600), but there are many opportunities for scoring, and it's a lot easier for novices (think stage 3-3 without restricting yourself to shooting red only).

I predict your weapons will be several levels higher by stage 6 without any massive study on scoring. :)

I usually get to stage 5 with V15 H12 S15, scoring mostly on the 3-x levels, 100%ing all bosses, then just trying to survive.
At first I thought I wouldn't benefit from switching to Ikaruga scoring mode 'cause I had already learned how to chain and survive...

How wrong I was!

Got to stage 5 with V18 H15 S19... lost ~4 lives I think just on this stage (yeah I hate it, never trained on it), still a lot left but Xiga always rapes me with his random (who likes random attacks??!) green lasers attack...

Thinking I'm done for, all stress is gone.
Then level 6 starts, and I NO MISS the sucker!! :boom:eek:

Thank you for the advice deexor!! :woop:

folnevar 10-12-2011 04:01 AM

Finally got my 100%. Thanks again for your help WilRonward!