XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gears of War 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=974)
-   -   What is the quickest way to level up? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334273)

Frannk The Tank 10-08-2011 11:59 AM

What is the quickest way to level up?
 
I just checked my Gears 2 profile and im only on Level 31! Thought i was higher than that, so whats the quickest easiest way to boost to level 100. I say boost as unless you can level up after every match then theres no way ill get it legit as i dont wanna be playing this game everyday for the rest of my life!

Frannk The Tank 10-08-2011 03:57 PM

Also has Epic completely left Gears 2 now that Gears 3 is out as i could surely do with some 6X or 20X XP events to help with this?

Joel78 10-08-2011 11:32 PM

Well you just missed the 25X event by a couple of weeks, but I read in the Epic forums they still plan on having an occasional event for Gears 2.
I think King of the Hill boosting is the fastest.

BigJoe1984 10-24-2011 12:49 AM

wait for a 3x experience weekend

CaptFrost 10-24-2011 12:54 AM

Your best bet is to hope for a 20x or more event, and then KOTH boost.

Doing it legit at the standard 2x experience is a gigantic waste of time unless you absolutely love this game more than you love life, because that's how much playtime it will take to get it. My entire Gears 2 career I had played TONS but I only cracked level 50 around the end of 2010, which wasn't anywhere near 100. Didn't hit 100 till they had that 31x event around Memorial Day (I think?). Took about 10 hours of KOTH boosting at that big a multiplier (factoring in time lost to losing players to disconnects and refinding each other), so you know what you're in for.

Sabre Captain 10-28-2011 10:47 PM

xp dates?
 
Does anyone know when epic are going to be doing any 2011/2012 xp events for this game? I am at level 84 and I thought this halloween pre weekend was supposed to be 31x but I misread a post that was from last halloween weekend. DAMMIT!!

x SL1M SHADY X 11-07-2011 07:03 AM

Wait for the next EXP weekend is about all you can do

RAIDERJUNKIE 11-07-2011 11:09 PM

20 xp event is live right now. Ends Monday the 14th in the morning

Sir Al Dente 11-08-2011 09:39 AM

I am level 50.
Without boosting for hours is it possible to get to level 100 during this weeks event?
I heard that level 80-100 was as much XP as needed to get to level 80 in the first place - or something like that.
Currently at level 50 legit from the last 2 years of playing lol so not sure if to waste my time when I could be playing gears 3 as I have so much to do on that still.
Cheers in advance

tpb 11-08-2011 02:52 PM

Does Horde give you XP? been a while since I played Gears 2 but might pick it up a bit for this... althouhg conflicts with Skyrim, MW3 and Uncharted 3.... argh!

Nekrophetamine 11-08-2011 02:57 PM

I hope it's possible to at least get to the 80s in this event. I started in my 50s last night too. Hit 60 yesterday, only played like 2-3 hours though.

Yes Horde does give XP... but I think if you do it by normal matchmaking it's pretty slow? idk, I was getting like 3k per round. I hear insane is the best way to do it.I think they say KOTH & Wingman give the best xp (plus easier to boost)

Unfortunately there are no tickers this time so the security trick (let enemies run into the lasers) is hardly fullproof...

i don't think this will be the last xp event for gears 2 ever though. I am hoping they'll do something for the holidays.

mishanja 11-09-2011 02:56 PM

GOW 2 idle boosting
 
So, from all I can see in the threads, idle boosting is possible in Gears of War 2 (I would do it overnight, while not playing GOW 3). Can anybody confirm this? And what is the best way to boost for experience to get to lvl 100?
thanks in advance....
:woop:

JAW LV 11-09-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishanja (Post 4668343)
And what is the best way to boost for experience to get to lvl 100?
thanks in advance....
:woop:

I found the fastest way to level up was playing KOTH during an XP event. Just wait till an XP event, when it comes up try to find a KOTH boosting party. If it's a high xp event, like 20xp, and your group doesn't screw around, it should only take you but a few hours to get to lvl 100 no matter what level you're currently at.

Joel78 11-10-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishanja (Post 4668343)
So, from all I can see in the threads, idle boosting is possible in Gears of War 2 (I would do it overnight, while not playing GOW 3). Can anybody confirm this? And what is the best way to boost for experience to get to lvl 100?
thanks in advance....
:woop:

I am not sure it's possible this time. On the 25xp event they had before GOW3 came out, all enemies in Horde mode were tickers and you could hide behind the security door and they would just blow themselves up. This isn't the case this time.

lberkheiser 02-13-2012 01:18 PM

Anyone know if/when there will be a new XP event on Gears 2? Got all my stats reset twice already, and really would like to finally get to level 100..

Haboc 02-20-2012 12:57 AM

Playing guardian is a good way to level as the points you make go towards you xp other games types don't give your points you get an example would be Annex only gives you about 25% of the points you get go towards you xp. Make sure to keep an eye for xp events.

nazhitsreallyhard 03-01-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frannk The Tank (Post 4565858)
I just checked my Gears 2 profile and im only on Level 31! Thought i was higher than that, so whats the quickest easiest way to boost to level 100. I say boost as unless you can level up after every match then theres no way ill get it legit as i dont wanna be playing this game everyday for the rest of my life!


To answer your question... KOTH boosting with 10 players (5 players take turns going in the ring etc).

BUT (this is an important sidenote) if you can't find players and don't want to wait for another xp event then there is a really good method to getting this achievement. However, it will take 2 months to get it. The method is do wave 1 of Horde on Security Insane mode then die by the lasers and restart from the first wave. If your fast enough, you'll be able to do 100 waves within 5 hours. 1,000 exp x 100 = 100,000

100,000 x 60 (days) = 6 million experience points.

Mind you, this method is only really worth doing if you have reached level 54 or above because around that level you get 675,000 xp points and all that is required of you is to get 3 million xp points more to get your wings.

Good luck whichever method you decide to choose.

Personally, I will boost KOTH with friends and whatever is left over I'll wack it out by myself. I mean 5 hours a day ain't much lol

eXoTiC Zebes0 03-01-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nazhitsreallyhard (Post 4922020)
To answer your question... KOTH boosting with 10 players (5 players take turns going in the ring etc).

BUT (this is an important sidenote) if you can't find players and don't want to wait for another xp event then there is a really good method to getting this achievement. However, it will take 2 months to get it. The method is do wave 1 of Horde on Security Insane mode then die by the lasers and restart from the first wave. If your fast enough, you'll be able to do 100 waves within 5 hours. 1,000 exp x 100 = 100,000

100,000 x 60 (days) = 6 million experience points.

Mind you, this method is only really worth doing if you have reached level 54 or above because around that level you get 675,000 xp points and all that is required of you is to get 3 million xp points more to get your wings.

Good luck whichever method you decide to choose.

Personally, I will boost KOTH with friends and whatever is left over I'll wack it out by myself. I mean 5 hours a day ain't much lol


5 hours a day is alot..... KOTH boosting all the way

nazhitsreallyhard 03-01-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frannk The Tank (Post 4565858)
I just checked my Gears 2 profile and im only on Level 31! Thought i was higher than that, so whats the quickest easiest way to boost to level 100. I say boost as unless you can level up after every match then theres no way ill get it legit as i dont wanna be playing this game everyday for the rest of my life!

On a further side note, I have a hunch EPIC Games will do a xp event for Gears 2 at Easter. Keep an eye out and bookmark or favourite the official Gears blog to your PC or laptop etc.

Good luck again. :)

Namaste 09-16-2012 12:53 AM

This is repetitive but apparently it works:


Delusion 10-31-2012 08:50 PM

If you just want to rush it, play Insane Hoard with a group of people on Security. Beat Wave 1, and at the start of Wave 2 have everybody run into the laser's then have the host pick "Restart From Beginning" and repeat.
If you however, find that rather boring just play Ranked Warzone... if you love multiplayer just as much as me you'll find this way more comfortable.

Predni 12-21-2012 06:52 PM

Hi Guys

We are 4 Gamer and all with the DLC. Can someone tell us how is the fast Level up way for us?

The Horde Wave 1 Method is really long and boring :(

Thx for any Tipps!

Regards

Colonel Russell 12-22-2012 07:18 AM

Up for koth boosting anytime message me


Werners Revenge

FrozenRaptorz 03-07-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namaste (Post 5274496)
This is repetitive but apparently it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA9pNdxw0lM

Still works, not ideal but sInce I Don't know when another xp weekend.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.