XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rage (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=920)
-   -   New easy money glitch (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334968)

Nibox 10-11-2011 04:38 PM

New easy fast big money method
 
This is a good method to make quick money i just run into. I was making use of the glitch at the Ghost Hideout were the Comet Bloom keeps respawning when you enter and leave the ghost hideout. It's the flower just before you go on the bridge on the right side. Do this like 10x times or more if you want even quicker cash. Now go to Halek Hagar and sell the flowers for 65$ each, press X and buy them back for 43$ each, so 22$ per flower profit. Repeat this step by pressing x again. So when you have 10 flowers in your inventory, you make 220$ in less then 10 seconds. This glitch saves you a lot of time compared to the engineering money glitches.

When you have enough money, be sure that your final step is to buy the flowers back from him. They will dissapear from his store if you return later on when you have loaded a new town/level.
This way you keep the easy money trick in your your pocket, when needed later on.

Good luck making money ;)

PS: All credits for the respawning Comet Bloom flower goes to GEEN0, thanks for that great glitch.

XperimntNterror 10-11-2011 06:39 PM

this'll be right up my alley. thanks for the tip! :)

yippy smalz 10-11-2011 07:51 PM

Thanks for the tip, im going to use this on my nightmare run to stock up early

fastNcurious 10-11-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yippy smalz (Post 4576463)
Thanks for the tip, im going to use this on my nightmare run to stock up early

Definitely a good find.

Just FYI, for people worried about nightmare playthroughs, you will have plenty of money to buy stuff. I never ran out of money. Someone mentioned in another thread that the developers probably wanted players to have fun with the sentry bots, etc., so didn't make lack of money a big deal. Not sure if true, but definitely felt that way.

NukeDukem 10-11-2011 08:20 PM

doesnt respawn for me

BSH 1975 10-11-2011 08:20 PM

sounds great, but where exactly is this flower? can't seem to find it.

Kraderic 10-11-2011 08:22 PM

Gotta admit, this is awesome. : D assuming the flower actually respawns, considering the seeds of doubt in above posts.

DjBatfink 10-11-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NukeDukem (Post 4576563)
doesnt respawn for me

Same here, been there, looked around and nothing, i do remember picking it when doing a quest for an old guy, so i'm thinking that it only respawns when doing the quest or before you finish the quest.....

Nibox 10-11-2011 08:48 PM

Yes is does respawn :D Just pick it up, enter the ghost hideout, leave the hideout en cross the bridge to pick it up again. Just repeat this step.

Iwill try to explain what the exact location of the flower is. When coming to the area with your car you have to exit because of the poles standing in the way. When walking past them you have to go right to reach the bridge leading to the hideout. Before the bridge however you walk a sandy path with little elevated edges on the sides. On the right side of that edge is a little space where the plant is standing. Its a small cactus like plant with purple flowers. Easy to miss, so look closely.

Nibox 10-11-2011 08:49 PM

No not tru it will respawn. Try going in the hideout first now and look again ;)

Nibox 10-11-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjBatfink (Post 4576662)
Same here, been there, looked around and nothing, i do remember picking it when doing a quest for an old guy, so i'm thinking that it only respawns when doing the quest or before you finish the quest.....

That could be an issue from who and where did you recieved the quest?

DjBatfink 10-11-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibox (Post 4576677)
Yes is does respawn :D Just pick it up, enter the ghost hideout, leave the hideout en cross the bridge to pick it up again. Just repeat this step.

Iwill try to explain what the exact location of the flower is. When coming to the area with your car you have to exit because of the poles standing in the way. When walking past them you have to go right to reach the bridge leading to the hideout. Before the bridge however you walk a sandy path with little elevated edges on the sides. On the right side of that edge is a little space where the plant is standing. Its a small cactus like plant with purple flowers. Easy to miss, so look closely.

Nice one thanks :woop: You are correct, it is there, i must of walk passed it about ten times.....
Is easy to miss...

Nibox 10-11-2011 08:59 PM

Your welcome.

i'm maxing out all my ammo's sentry bots, wingsticks turrets and rc cars atm. The rest of the game will be easy this way lol.

yippy smalz 10-11-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibox (Post 4576721)
Your welcome.

i'm maxing out all my ammo's sentry bots, wingsticks turrets and rc cars atm. The rest of the game will be easy this way lol.

This is exactly what I plan to do with your methoid

upindat 10-11-2011 09:46 PM

booooo ya!! love it when a plan comes together. thanks

Nevander 10-11-2011 10:33 PM

EDIT: I'm at the VERY beginning of the game and I'm thinking you have to have that Comet Bloom quest active for it to be spawning there.

In my game, the plant is there but I can't take the flowers. I see the cactus but there are no purple flowers on it. What am I missing? :confused:

JuSt BLaZe 10-11-2011 10:55 PM

So guys what's faster or more profitable, this or this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=334929

ZingZitang 10-12-2011 12:13 AM

well the plant is not respawning for me. Probably because ive already picked it and saved the game.

Hopefully the rocket trick works.

COWBOYFRMHELL77 10-12-2011 01:05 AM

I too can confirm that its been re-spawning for me. Thanks for the big tip. Will help a bunch I'm sure.

Dz06lt 10-12-2011 01:22 AM

hmm so what is the story the OP did it but no one esle can get it to work?

Nibox 10-12-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevander (Post 4577073)
EDIT: I'm at the VERY beginning of the game and I'm thinking you have to have that Comet Bloom quest active for it to be spawning there.

In my game, the plant is there but I can't take the flowers. I see the cactus but there are no purple flowers on it. What am I missing? :confused:


When there are no flowers on the plant, try and go into the ghost hideout first then return to the flower. This should work.;)

Nibox 10-12-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZingZitang (Post 4577437)
well the plant is not respawning for me. Probably because ive already picked it and saved the game.

Hopefully the rocket trick works.

I picked up the flower in between saves a couple off times and it still keeps respawning.

GEEN0 10-12-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEEN0 (Post 4574616)
b4 you cross the bridge to the ghost hideout is a purple 'Comet Bloom' flower, i have found that if you collect it and enter/leave the hideout, it respawns, only takes a minute for $65 each flower when you sell them!
I am at the point of the main story about to enter the Bash Tv for the first time and look for some dr kvasir, but I have completed all other side missions in my game

Already covered the flower part yesterday morning, but nice addition with the buying and selling part

Nibox 10-12-2011 09:38 AM

Thats was indeed your founded glitch i was revering to. I will give you credits for it in my first post. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier

GEEN0 10-12-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibox (Post 4578730)
Thats was indeed your founded glitch i was revering to. I will give you credits for it in my first post. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier


Thats ok m8, dont need credit, only quoted my post to state where in the missions I was in case its relevant to when the flower shows up for others

Sadowan 10-12-2011 11:50 AM

Flower is not respawning, picked it and have been in and out of the ghost hideout multiple times and its just not coming back, I have not triggered the comet blossem quest yet either so either there are other factors involved in getting it to respawn or im picking the wrong comet blossem which i highly doubt.

jpg30 10-12-2011 01:39 PM

it's not respawning for me either, i don't recall a mission to find a comet blossom so i don't know what makes it respawn.

Nibox 10-12-2011 02:21 PM

No idea why it works for some and not for others. My current active mission is authority prison. I will try earlier saves to see if it keeps working for me.

XperimntNterror 10-12-2011 04:02 PM

Didn't work for me either; not even a plant around anywhere. BUT i did have one in my inventory already, so, while not nearly as lucrative as having 10 of these, i can still get several hundred dollars in just a few minutes with just the one i have. This is easily enough to buy anything i need and re-stock ammo. have over 500 pop rockets and other various ammos and didn't take much time at all.

if you aren't having any luck with this, check your inventory and, as long as you have at least one of these, you're set. Unfortunately, I do not recall where i even grabbed the one i do have from in the first place. May have been the sewer next to Wellspring (the treasure pile), but not sure.

Pearson 10-12-2011 04:59 PM

I can't get it to respawn either, so I'm assuming that since I picked it at the beginning of my game and now just trying to do the glitch, that this is why I can't get it to work. Because I'm too far into the game or due to that I finished both Ghost Hideout missions.

EDIT: It's working for me now. I went into the Arc Sewers cleaned it out and then got a job from the job board to go back there and clean the muties out of it permanently, so I decided to go back to the Ghost Hideout and there it was blooming again. So I did the glitch and it worked. Too bad though they weren't worth $650 a piece instead of $65.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.