XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2201)
-   -   Do Not Make the Same Mistake I Did! (Spoilers) (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335366)

Mister Buds 10-13-2011 12:17 AM

Do Not Make the Same Mistake I Did! (Spoilers)

at the start of case 7-1 i thought the bar was draining down to the time until i could begin the case. unfortunately that was incorrect and i could've started the case right away. not knowing that at the time, i waited until the bar was close to red before i went to the location.

after beating the boss i started carrying rebecca to the saferoom only to notice that my time on this case was about to run-out already. this is when i realized that cases in overtime keep the same progress bar. i should've reloaded, i really should've. amazingly the game didn't disrupt me once the whole trip there and allowed me to finish the case with mere seconds left on the clock.

i thought my troubles were over, only to find that it was now the case where zombies break into the safe room and you have to hack the door. my bar is only a couple millimeters long at the very start. there's enough time for me to grab the three items and begin to hack but then i always run out of time. it will not give me just a couple extra seconds to pass.

my closest save is about 4 hours real time back and i'm completely screwed. i'm so angry i could snap this disc in half right now.

ThaMyth 10-13-2011 03:05 AM

had same shit happen on 3-2 or the one where u go confront TK at the train. I didnt know i could start the 3-1 immediatly and waited to last sec (literally) so when it completed, i had a split second to get across fortune city, which failed before i could get out of the safe room, being that i saved after the case when the "save continue" popped, this fucked me and i had to restart completely, though now i make 2 saves for this reason. stupid shit. but great game.

IC3 L3G3ND 10-13-2011 03:48 AM

I did the exact same shit on DR2 with chuck. Although to be fair if you look on your missions it is fairly obvious, could you try coop and go opposite ways for the 3 items? That's how i had to do it in the previous title

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Buds (Post 4581179)
at the start of case 7-1 i thought the bar was draining down to the time until i could begin the case. unfortunately that was incorrect and i could've started the case right away. not knowing that at the time, i waited until the bar was close to red before i went to the location.

after beating the boss i started carrying rebecca to the saferoom only to notice that my time on this case was about to run-out already. this is when i realized that cases in overtime keep the same progress bar. i should've reloaded, i really should've. amazingly the game didn't disrupt me once the whole trip there and allowed me to finish the case with mere seconds left on the clock.

i thought my troubles were over, only to find that it was now the case where zombies break into the safe room and you have to hack the door. my bar is only a couple millimeters long at the very start. there's enough time for me to grab the three items and begin to hack but then i always run out of time. it will not give me just a couple extra seconds to pass.

my closest save is about 4 hours real time back and i'm completely screwed. i'm so angry i could snap this disc in half right now.

ThaMyth 10-13-2011 04:50 AM

lol well i was a little... umm... drunk hahahaha but fuck it, way past there now.