XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sonic Generations (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2204)
-   -   So who got S ranks on everything? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340954)

JaxTH 11-07-2011 11:04 AM

So who got S ranks on everything?

Just wondering who went beyond what they had to do and S ranked all challenges and bosses (Since S ranking all levels is an achievement).

I did, so now I have absolutely nothing else to do in the game since I also have all the statues.

So who else did it?

pined5551 11-07-2011 01:39 PM

So you 1000G'd it already!? Wow that was quick! I take it it's not very hard then? I plan on S ranking everything. Should be getting my copy later today! Can't wait :D

Zonic505 11-07-2011 02:48 PM

I got them as well (just finished 100ing the game). I'm kind of surprised at how easy they are to get compared to past games. Heck, I got about 1/2 of them just from my 1st playthrough.

Scrubber 11-07-2011 05:22 PM

I haven't but i plan on doing.

The challenges are making this very hard.

chris100185 11-07-2011 05:49 PM

Most of them are easy. Few are challenging, though not terribly hard. Both Planet Wisps, and Rooftop Run act 1 took me a bit.

TakahashiDemon 11-07-2011 06:07 PM

I just aimed for S rank on acts, I did get S rank on Shadow on Hard Mode and got my highest score in that too.. (65,000+).

Cantz 11-07-2011 06:28 PM

I did but I still have things to do just because I want to get decently high on the leaderboards. Though as of this post I only have 6th quickest for Chemical 2.. which will probably change anytime because of how competitive people are.

CelestialHusky 11-07-2011 08:11 PM

I have everything completed with "S" ranks too. All challenges, all bosses, all zones, everything. The only thing I haven't completed yet is the "Can't Touch This" achievement, which I plan on trying eventually.

Miles Prower F6 11-08-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonic505 (Post 4661973)
I got them as well (just finished 100ing the game). I'm kind of surprised at how easy they are to get compared to past games. Heck, I got about 1/2 of them just from my 1st playthrough.

Yeah the grading scale was really softened up. I've bumbled through levels on my first go and scored "S" ranks to my surprise, the same kind of performance in Sonic Unleashed would have earned me a "C" rank.

Seems like as long as you get to the goal without dying chances are you're going to get an S unless you got lost or something.

CelestialHusky 11-08-2011 12:47 AM

I like the new grading system, but I think it needs to be slightly more strict. I haven't even gotten anything under a B and that was my run of Planet Wisp act 2 which I spent about 12 minutes on and died a few times while hunting for red rings. It seems the new system uses a balance of rings, time and deaths to calculate a ranking. So if you get 3 minutes and 10 rings and no deaths, you would get say, a B. But you could get an A if you got 2:50 and zero rings. It's kind of hard to explain but I do like the new system, just needs to be a bit more strict.

Miles Prower F6 11-08-2011 12:57 AM

I think I would have prefered the challenges not having any ranks, an in exchange making the 2 acts per zone more on Sonic Unleashed's grading scale.

That way you take out the tediousness of trying to get high grades on the challenges, while focusing on the actual act levels. Just how Sonic Unleashed did it with their side missions not having grades.

trickyfatman24 11-12-2011 03:25 AM

Want to

I really want to but i dont think i will be able to I'm not that great at games how long did it take you to complete that

stu004 11-13-2011 01:30 PM

sign me up, finally got all S rank, planet wisp act 2 was the hardest urgh

Cymphonie 11-14-2011 09:07 PM

Add me up XD
I gotta say that being a Sonic player since 1991 i found this game amazing, but a little simple.
Getting S on everything really wasn't that much of a challenge.
And also, i don't understand why ppl hate and find so difficult Planet Wisp Act 2.
It's one of the most enjoyable 3D stages IMO (well, i knew it very well, got all S in colors too), just get to know it and you can do really well.
Currently 21st worldwide on time attack with 4 minutes.
Anyways, really great and enjoyable game.
Off to try to 1000 Unleashed. Standing @ 950 since months lol.

Rodni Demental 11-17-2011 07:48 AM

You could say you want the ranking system to be less strict in this game but I remember games like Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes insulting you with how badly you played with terrible ranks all the time..

ZooWeeMama 92 11-19-2011 08:59 AM

I personally thought this game was far too easy in terms of getting S Ranks, seeing as I could take ages on a level (Planet Wisp I am looking at you), and I could still get an S Rank, simply due to the fact I did not die.

Malik241 11-20-2011 02:05 AM

So I'm trying to get all of achievements myself when I realized that somehow my Green Hill restored achievement is missing... which makes no sense to me at all because I have everything else but can't touch this, greased lightning and time attacker. Has this happened to anyone else?

Miles Prower F6 11-20-2011 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malik241 (Post 4699752)
So I'm trying to get all of achievements myself when I realized that somehow my Green Hill restored achievement is missing... which makes no sense to me at all because I have everything else but can't touch this, greased lightning and time attacker. Has this happened to anyone else?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=341518

Malik241 11-20-2011 02:12 AM

Thanks, I figured that was what I had to do. Just glad it was only green hill and not something like planet wisp.

Marketman316 12-09-2011 03:41 PM

Surprised at how easy the "s" ranks turned out, most i managed to get while looking for red rings, not particularly a sonic fan but i really enjoyed the game, apart from the challenges-they were by and large, horrible

MAC METAL FACE 12-10-2011 01:25 AM

Had S on everything for awhile now been a long time lurker finally decided to sign up here after years lol I am with cymphonie. Besides playing MGS HD I will be speeding back out on some Unleashed get the final achievos there haha. Also, shout out to all the Sonic fans!

ohthecommotion 12-12-2011 03:43 PM

I got a good number of S ranks on my first run, and I absolutely intend to go back and get the rest, but then Skyrim came out and derailed me :\

The one thing I'm really worried about is the Croc challenge where you have to bounce the beats back at him. I couldn't even complete it!

SPAC3B0UND 412 01-05-2012 04:34 AM

Just Got That Today

gaitanj22 01-05-2012 04:35 PM

S ranked everything, it's really and easy 1000g except for the "can't touch this" cheevo

ScottHarris 03-27-2012 10:09 AM

The only achievement that is hard to get on this game is can't touch this , it took me about 1 hour to get it right, it doesn't help when the controls get a bit buggy :mad: To be honest though i don't mind easy achievements , i prefer easy achievements over hard ones any day , i like to play games for fun , not to get annoyed.

PeaceWalker 03-28-2012 06:02 PM

For getting everything, your not rewarded for it. Which sucks...

metalsteelix 05-03-2012 10:11 AM

Getting S rank on every stage was quite easy :D I even got them on all challenges, too bad there's no reward for it.

Hyuzeni Pattasan 08-08-2012 06:16 PM

The act stage are easy to getting a S rank. Challenges and boss on hard mode are quite challenge, but I got them all. Too bad no reward, but I got 1000G and all costume awards. :)

Cele De Paladin 10-08-2012 06:36 AM

And another bites the dust...

Just picked it up tonight. Planet Wisp was the last to fall.

Speaking of the rankings, I actually preferred it not being so strict. I still remember A ranking everything in Sonic Adventure 2 and that was a bloody nightmare. As for those who want a challenge well...that's what the leaderboards are for. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marketman316 (Post 4746836)
Surprised at how easy the "s" ranks turned out, most i managed to get while looking for red rings, not particularly a sonic fan but i really enjoyed the game, apart from the challenges-they were by and large, horrible

A lot of the challenges were interesting but I don't think they really added much to the game. The doppleganger races were fun at first, but got way too tight the further on you went.

And as far as Vector's Beats is concerned, it can die in a fire.

SonicSonikku 01-27-2013 09:23 PM

Really easy for me. Got all S rank on first try.