XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brink (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1393)
-   -   Even better idle boosting method (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342295)

lifeexpectancy 11-13-2011 08:07 AM

Even better idle boosting method
 
Following the advice of the poster in THIS thread, I set up a 30 minute 'stopwatch' game on Reactor, and ran up to the hiding spot to get the free exp.

Using this method you will get 44,000+ exp per game.

I couldn't figure out how he got it to give him 75exp per tick while I was only getting 50exp per tick, since I used the exact settings he suggested and did exactly what he did. So I got impatient and decided I would hack the air vent to 90% then run back to the safe spot while the computer de-hacked it, and repeat, for faster exp.

Here's what I discovered:

1. Kill the one AI bot on your way forward and start hacking the air vent. Make sure you're hacking the one to the right when coming from your starting position, the one with YELLOW stripes on it.

2. Position yourself at the rear corner of the pillar, furthest from the hack box, with the big wider door to the room on your right in your peripheral vision.

3. When the computer runs in the room, if you don't see him strafe to your right up alongside of the pillar. If you see him run in through the big wide door, strafe left to the other side of the pillar, the side closest to the smaller door that you probably entered through.

4. If you do it right, you will continue hacking the pillar, but the computer will try to de-hack it with the little spray can thing. This means that the hacking will be stuck at whatever % it's on, but will continue, VERY VERY slowly, reaching perhaps 75% by the end of the 30 minute match. The reason for this is that the AI is tricked into thinking it HAS to de-hack the pillar even though you're still alive because it's the only person on its team and objectives trump kills. At least that's why I think it works.

5. You will get 5 'ticks' of 'hacking' for 16 exp each for every 1 tick of 50 exp every 5 seconds, meaning for each 'tick' you would've gotten just hiding up stairs in the hiding spot, you'll instead get around 130+ exp which nearly doubles the exp gain even over his method that was getting 75exp per tick. If you are getting less than 16 exp per tick of 'hacking', inch forward along the side of the pillar until you do.

6. The computer never stops 'de hacking' it, so once you get it set up (takes me about 50 seconds to set up from the start of the match) you can just sit your controller down and rake in even more exp than any previously mentioned method.

Note: I've duplicated this several times so I know it works and wasn't a glitch. I don't have video capture capability though, sorry.

Game custom settings: Stopwatch, 30 minutes, difficulty easy, min and max players per team 1, map Reactor, force even teams Yes, you play as Resistance with your default charackter type Operative.

DerEnglaender 11-15-2011 06:51 PM

75 exp = soldier, use wheel to defend

lifeexpectancy 11-19-2011 08:50 AM

Ahh ok then, its not possible to combine his method with mine. Still even at 75exp per tick his method is significantly slower than mine. I went from 21 to 24 in 3 games doing it my way. 44,000+ exp per game can't be beat I don't think.

Frost181 11-28-2011 07:12 PM

while this obviously gives more exp I've found that the enemy engineer usually stops de-hacking and tries to kill me at least 3 or 4 times during the 30 minute period. I'm wondering if that's because of the higher level boost though.

lifeexpectancy 12-05-2011 10:28 AM

He never stopped de hacking it once for me. It's probably where u were standing. I wish I had video capture software to demonstrate how to do it correctly every time.

Lucent Beam 12-18-2011 07:35 AM

My problem with this method is, if I stand close enough to get 16, I hack faster than he dehacks even if I just barely had started hacking it when he arrives... so I have to move much further back to slow it down.

Still.... it's not that much effort to go in close (get 18 for hacking and like 67 for guarding), then back away to let the percent go down, and repeat. But it does mean I can't just let it sit.

Thanks for the method, though!!

lifeexpectancy 12-20-2011 09:45 PM

I wonder if you took a perk/ability that causes you to hack faster? I had the base traits for my operative class, no ability increases, and when it ticked for 16exp per tick, I didn't have to pick up the controller at all once I had the enemy de-hacking while I hacked it.

Kif 12-24-2011 08:18 PM

Can you explain the setup for the match? The previous video guide from the other thread is down.

lifeexpectancy 12-29-2011 12:21 PM

The settings are at the bottom of my OP. As for the setup I can't explain it much better than I already did. You rush to the hacking point, killing the one enemy en route. When the enemy respawns and enters the room, you position yourself so the pillar is between the enemy and you and continue hacking. The enemy will try to un hack the pillar while you're hacking it leading to a stalemate and endless exp.

j3s 01-18-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frost181 (Post 4721972)
I've found that the enemy engineer usually stops de-hacking and tries to kill me at least 3 or 4 times during the 30 minute period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucent Beam (Post 4771337)
My problem with this method is, if I stand close enough to get 16, I hack faster than he dehacks even if I just barely had started hacking it when he arrives... so I have to move much further back to slow it down.

Worth mentioning that I continuously ran into both of these same issues until I decided to try the left vent instead. Once there, I was able to get the full 16, the bot never strayed from his task, and the hacking completion indicator remained at a steady 20-22% for the entire 30 minute game.

If one vent isn't working for you, try the other.

Anji 01-24-2012 08:27 AM

I did this by mistake, I was still going to the reactor and hiding for about 27-30,000 after 30 minutes............. that's the wrong way to boost.

You need to make an objective game and make it friends and invite only.
Min players1
Max players1
Overtime On
Switch teams to Resistance if you don't start as that team
Select an Operative Class

I always went after the right vent and it works much better with a character lower tier 2 or under.(level 13 and down)

What you do is you run in and hack the vent, when the AI comes (usually from the top middle the first time) you kill him.

If you stand right behind the hack box with the vent blocking your view from the door, the AI will always come in the room from that side and start to defuse if he doesn't see you. He will lock into the defuse even if he sees you after he starts (happens at level 20 too but the AI can stop defusing after a 1 minute or so if he is looking right at you). kill him and start hacking again.

Do this until the hacker hits 70-75%. After that you continue to hide on the left side of the vent right next to the hack box but about 3 steps back, with your characters body completely hiding from the site of the bot but don't kill him when he locks in.

Again seeing no enemy, the bot will run up to the vent and hack. Even if he sees you after starting he won't stop hacking (at lower levels), but to be safe you should hide to the opposite side of where the bot comes to defuse at. If he is to the left, you're to the right of the vent. And if he is in the middle just hide straight behind the Vent. Basically keep the vent between the you and the AI.

Now this is the important part, you start to back away from the Hacking vent until the percentage in the right goes from yellow to orange/brown. This means the AI is defusing more than you are hacking. It happens around 4 bars of connection or when you see your hack points are at +12 or +13.(At higher levels the AI could have engineer skills that let him defuse faster, so tier 3 players might have to sit closer)

Once you are in a sweet spot of inching forward and backwards in this range, make sure you leave it just in the orange range. This will likely freeze the counter or worse case it will take the bot hours to defuse from 95%. After that you just walk away, go to sleep, change your car oil......what ever.

Because if you get this right the game will go into Overtime and keep going, after 120 minutes you should have about 170,000 exp if you stop hacking and let the bot defuse. Never Quit.

These are all projections because I was done with the game after 1 hour.

If you left for 2 hours it you should have 240,000 and a 15% bonus 3600.
3 hours would be 360,000 bonus 54,000.
4 hours would be 480,000 bonus 72,000.
So in 3 1/2 to 4 hours, you can go from level 1 to 24.

Sidenote: for level 13 and higher tier 3 plus players, the computer will be more aggressive because he has more skill/skills. The engineer will be much more likely to stop his hack to look for you if you are too close or to put down a turret or mine.

Level 20 players should check after 30 minutes to a hour to see if they are dead on the ground. You can get it to where he will leave you alone depending on the AI they set for that match, but things can go wrong with the super aggressive Bot.

He usually has the ability to shoot after you down him. Watch out for that bot if you are level 20 or higher.

The Video pretty much explains it all, but with 2 players.



Chuppernicus 02-15-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anji (Post 4845675)
I did this by mistake, I was still going to the reactor and hiding for about 27-30,000 after 30 minutes............. that's the wrong way to boost.

You need to make an objective game and make it friends and invite only.
Min players1
Max players1
Overtime On
Switch teams to Resistance if you don't start as that team
Select an Operative Class

I always went after the right vent and it works much better with a character lower tier 2 or under.(level 13 and down)

What you do is you run in and hack the vent, when the AI comes (usually from the top middle the first time) you kill him.

If you stand right behind the hack box with the vent blocking your view from the door, the AI will always come in the room from that side and start to defuse if he doesn't see you. He will lock into the defuse even if he sees you after he starts (happens at level 20 too but the AI can stop defusing after a 1 minute or so if he is looking right at you). kill him and start hacking again.

Do this until the hacker hits 70-75%. After that you continue to hide on the left side of the vent right next to the hack box but about 3 steps back, with your characters body completely hiding from the site of the bot but don't kill him when he locks in.

Again seeing no enemy, the bot will run up to the vent and hack. Even if he sees you after starting he won't stop hacking (at lower levels), but to be safe you should hide to the opposite side of where the bot comes to defuse at. If he is to the left, you're to the right of the vent. And if he is in the middle just hide straight behind the Vent. Basically keep the vent between the you and the AI.

Now this is the important part, you start to back away from the Hacking vent until the percentage in the right goes from yellow to orange/brown. This means the AI is defusing more than you are hacking. It happens around 4 bars of connection or when you see your hack points are at +12 or +13.(At higher levels the AI could have engineer skills that let him defuse faster, so tier 3 players might have to sit closer)

Once you are in a sweet spot of inching forward and backwards in this range, make sure you leave it just in the orange range. This will likely freeze the counter or worse case it will take the bot hours to defuse from 95%. After that you just walk away, go to sleep, change your car oil......what ever.

Because if you get this right the game will go into Overtime and keep going, after 120 minutes you should have about 170,000 exp if you stop hacking and let the bot defuse. Never Quit.

These are all projections because I was done with the game after 1 hour.

If you left for 2 hours it you should have 240,000 and a 15% bonus 3600.
3 hours would be 360,000 bonus 54,000.
4 hours would be 480,000 bonus 72,000.
So in 3 1/2 to 4 hours, you can go from level 1 to 24.

Sidenote: for level 13 and higher tier 3 plus players, the computer will be more aggressive because he has more skill/skills. The engineer will be much more likely to stop his hack to look for you if you are too close or to put down a turret or mine.

Level 20 players should check after 30 minutes to a hour to see if they are dead on the ground. You can get it to where he will leave you alone depending on the AI they set for that match, but things can go wrong with the super aggressive Bot.

He usually has the ability to shoot after you down him. Watch out for that bot if you are level 20 or higher.

The Video pretty much explains it all, but with 2 players.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1PrO...layer_embedded

This worked for me. In about 2 hours I went from 14 to 24. Much faster than I thought. Easy to set up too.

cracklyeagle 06-05-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anji (Post 4845675)

If you left for 2 hours it you should have 240,000 and a 15% bonus 3600.
3 hours would be 360,000 bonus 54,000.
4 hours would be 480,000 bonus 72,000.
So in 3 1/2 to 4 hours, you can go from level 1 to 24.

Sidenote: for level 13 and higher tier 3 plus players, the computer will be more aggressive because he has more skill/skills. The engineer will be much more likely to stop his hack to look for you if you are too close or to put down a turret or mine.

Level 20 players should check after 30 minutes to a hour to see if they are dead on the ground. You can get it to where he will leave you alone depending on the AI they set for that match, but things can go wrong with the super aggressive Bot.

He usually has the ability to shoot after you down him. Watch out for that bot if you are level 20 or higher.

If I leave this running for 4 hours, will I level up as the game runs, or will their be a mass level up at the end? in other words will I jump from 1 to 24 at the end or do I need to look at the game 2 hours in as I will reach the level 20 marker and may need to reposition?


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.