XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   RAAM's Shadow (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2455)
-   -   RAAM's Shadow Achievement Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343218)

Bigmouth84 11-16-2011 03:06 PM

RAAM's Shadow Achievement Discussion

Has anyone else seen these? Looks interesting! :)
  • Welcome to Zeta - Complete "RAAM's Shadow" in Standard Campaign on any difficulty. (25 points)
  • Some Friendly Competition – Completed “RAAM’s Shadow” in Arcade on any difficulty. (25 points)
  • Help from my Friends – Completed “RAAM’s Shadow” in 4 player co-op in Arcade or Standard Mode. (25 points)
  • Finger of Doom – As RAAM, kill 50 gears using your Kryll. (15 points)
  • I’m Rubber, You’re Glue – As Mauler, kill 10 Gears by reflecting their bullets using your shield. (15 points)
  • Death from Above – Using the Hammer of Dawn Command Center, kill 50 Locust. (15 points)
  • Unarmed and Dangerous – Using the Loader, kill 10 Locust. (15 points)
  • Ghosts from the Past – Play 10 matches of Versus as a member of Zeta (Barrick, Tai, Minh, or Valera) (Standard or Casual). (15 points)
  • Foreshadowing – As RAAM, execute Minh 10 times in Versus MP (Standard or Casual). (25 points)
  • Zeta Team, Go! – Complete waves 1 – 10 of Horde with 5 players as Zeta (Barrick, Tai, Minh, Valera, and Jace). (75 points)

Facial La Fleur 11-16-2011 04:26 PM

Looks good. December 13th can't come soon enough!! :woop:

The Pants Party 11-16-2011 05:15 PM

Source? I don't see these on Epic's Community website, forums or Facebook page.

They look about what Epic would do though.

Facial La Fleur 11-16-2011 05:49 PM

I wonder if for "Zeta Team, Go! – Complete waves 1 – 10 of Horde with 5 players as Zeta (Barrick, Tai, Minh, Valera, and Jace). (75 points)" if each player must be a different character or if it counts as long as everyone is someone from Zeta Team even in multiples. Nobody wants to be Jace. :)

The Pants Party 11-16-2011 05:52 PM

Haha, Jace does suck. Such a shitty replacement for Dom during the campaign. The way it reads though, it does sound like everyone would have to be a unique character. Kind of like "Originality" in Dead Island.

Blerbman 11-16-2011 06:36 PM

I lol'd so hard at "Foreshadowing". Too bad no one plays as Kim. I'm the only person I know who actually likes him, haha.

ZedChuva 11-16-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pants Party (Post 4689973)
Source? I don't see these on Epic's Community website, forums or Facebook page.

They look about what Epic would do though.

epicgames.com/community/2011/11/ten-new-achievements-to-earn-in-raams-shadow-dlc/

Don't like the 4 player co-op cheeves, but... no big deal. Killing COG with Kryll = priceless. :woop:

CHICHO 11-16-2011 07:34 PM

The foreshadowing cheevo is stupid. The rest are gnar though.

xThaSOULESSonEx 11-16-2011 09:19 PM

Zeta Team Go is going to be the most annoying of the achievements just to get coordinated with 4 other people

WeemanNewYork 11-16-2011 09:28 PM

New achievements listed does not look that bad.

SPYAGE 11-16-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xThaSOULESSonEx (Post 4690711)
Zeta Team Go is going to be the most annoying of the achievements just to get coordinated with 4 other people

Just do what I plan on doing. find 2 friends and 2 of us will sign in idle guests.

Da_Big_D__ 11-16-2011 09:59 PM

I guess I'm the only one dreading doing Foreshadowing? Not only do I not like being pigeonholed into playing as a certain character, but having to do it for God knows how many matches while I down Kim-skinned characters and close distance only to have my kill stolen for the umpteenth time is going to be impossibly frustrating.

Maybe earning that achievement will be the Impossible Mission? Sounds about right...

phenixdwn 11-16-2011 10:02 PM

I’m Rubber, You’re Glue – As Mauler, kill 10 Gears by reflecting their bullets using your shield. (15 points)

Is that for Beast mode? anyone know..

Grifter Reborn 11-16-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenixdwn (Post 4690824)
I’m Rubber, You’re Glue – As Mauler, kill 10 Gears by reflecting their bullets using your shield. (15 points)

Is that for Beast mode? anyone know..

Campaign mode. Some details are in this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=337062

Kaiyo 11-16-2011 10:28 PM

All 4 DLC has 250gs each. I knew Microsoft increased the limit of total gamerscore for games to 2000 from 1750.

Riphade 1 11-16-2011 10:46 PM

Forshadowing. Hahahaha! That's full of win!

KFZ Scrubs 11-16-2011 10:55 PM

Yo... that RAAM killing Minh achievement is sooooo awesome.

Riphade 1 11-16-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_Big_D__ (Post 4690815)
I guess I'm the only one dreading doing Foreshadowing? Not only do I not like being pigeonholed into playing as a certain character, but having to do it for God knows how many matches while I down Kim-skinned characters and close distance only to have my kill stolen for the umpteenth time is going to be impossibly frustrating.

Maybe earning that achievement will be the Impossible Mission? Sounds about right...

Nah, cause Impossible Mission starts on the 25th. The DLC releases on Dec. 13th.

Beeg Beef 11-16-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blerbman (Post 4690194)
I lol'd so hard at "Foreshadowing". Too bad no one plays as Kim. I'm the only person I know who actually likes him, haha.

Dude, I like playing as Kim too. That makes 2 of us. I guess that also means everyone playing as RAAM will be gunning for us. Look out!

Now can Kims get bonus XP for fending off attacking RAAMs? That would give people actual incentive to play as Kim.

Sith Lord EDP 11-16-2011 11:47 PM

They should have made Foreshadowing "Or get executed by Raam as Kim" that way people would have more incentive to play as Kim making it easier to find them online.

Riphade 1 11-16-2011 11:58 PM

^Nah. It would be better as a seperate achievement. Cause it would HAVE to be named differently.

mjc0961 11-17-2011 02:50 AM

Foreshadowing seems like it will be a bitch to get. Like others, I forsee tons of RAAMs on the locust team and no Kims anywhere on the COG side because nobody will want that target painted on their backs. And when there is a Kim, there will be some real kill stealing going on, not this pussy "I didn't take my kill so someone else on my team did to help the team overall unlike me who only cares about my score waaaaaaaaaaah!" team killing people bitch about now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pants Party (Post 4690079)
Haha, Jace does suck. Such a shitty replacement for Dom during the campaign. The way it reads though, it does sound like everyone would have to be a unique character. Kind of like "Originality" in Dead Island.

Yeah, I can easily see groups of friends or boosters pulling a "1 2 3 NOT JACE!" type of thing. Jace is poo, and it brings me pleasure stealing his candy every time I start a new campaign. :D

Efase 11-17-2011 03:07 AM

I can't wait for this, achievements look awesome. No regrets on buying the season pass :)

eiVaL 11-17-2011 05:35 AM

so wait, Rod said "Foreshadowing" unlock is based on Gears 1 MP?!?

he didnt say we could do it in Gears 3 MP, he only mentioned if you've already did back in Gears 1 which Kim an Raam were selectable characters.

but he didnt clarify if we could still unlock it in Gears 3 once those characters are available:mad:

Phantomzero17 11-17-2011 05:40 AM

I don't remember hearing that. Besides they have nothing set up to keep track of such things in Gears 1. They can't see how many times you executed Kim as RAAM in Gears 1 only possible with the tracking set up which is in 3.

The Pants Party 11-17-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eiVaL (Post 4691899)
so wait, Rod said "Foreshadowing" unlock is based on Gears 1 MP?!?

he didnt say we could do it in Gears 3 MP, he only mentioned if you've already did back in Gears 1 which Kim an Raam were selectable characters.

but he didnt clarify if we could still unlock it in Gears 3 once those characters are available:mad:

Not sure what you think you heard, but that is wildly incorrect. Perhaps he was talking about the cutscene in GOW1 when Kim dies?

The achievement will require you to execute Kim using RAAM in GOW3 online matches.

Teh Phantomz 11-17-2011 07:15 AM

Spoiler alert ^^^^^^^^^^

McGoogles 11-17-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh Phantomz (Post 4692015)
Spoiler alert ^^^^^^^^^^

For a game that's been out for more than five years, I doubt anyone would care. Why would they be looking at a thread specifically for a DLC of the third installment of the franchise anyways?

Anywho, I can't wait for this next DLC. It'll give me a break from the addiction of Skyrim and hopefully encourage me to finish off Seriously 3.0.

As for the 'Foreshadowing' achievement, everyone should play as Kim if they're on the COG team as that's what I'll be doing. I'll be giving a chance for other players to receive their achievement, but I'll also do it to be a magnet to other players and draw them into my clutches.

Teh Phantomz 11-17-2011 09:54 AM

I never played Gears of War 1 but here I am.

Also that is a good idea to play as Kim when the DLC is released and just lure RAAM's into your hive.

The Duke of Darkness 11-17-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjc0961 (Post 4691609)
Foreshadowing seems like it will be a bitch to get. Like others, I forsee tons of RAAMs on the locust team and no Kims anywhere on the COG side because nobody will want that target painted on their backs. And when there is a Kim, there will be some real kill stealing going on, not this pussy "I didn't take my kill so someone else on my team did to help the team overall unlike me who only cares about my score waaaaaaaaaaah!" team killing people bitch about now.

Yeah, I can easily see groups of friends or boosters pulling a "1 2 3 NOT JACE!" type of thing. Jace is poo, and it brings me pleasure stealing his candy every time I start a new campaign. :D

I have only had xbox live for a month so not sure if this will work but could you ask on the achievement trading thread for people to join your party while in the menu's then when you have a full party start a standard match?This would put you all in the same match correct?