XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1193)
-   -   Any way to reset perks? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343232)

GR Fenrir 11-16-2011 04:05 PM

Any way to reset perks?
 
I spent a lot of perk points during the early levels on a lot of stupid stuff, thinking there would be an abundance of perk points anyway. Well, turns out I was wrong, and now I kinda regret my decisions. I'm guessing there isn't a way to reset the perks, but it never hurts to ask. :)

IronBrutzler 11-16-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR Fenrir (Post 4689727)
I spent a lot of perk points during the early levels on a lot of stupid stuff, thinking there would be an abundance of perk points anyway. Well, turns out I was wrong, and now I kinda regret my decisions. I'm guessing there isn't a way to reset the perks, but it never hurts to ask. :)

Would to know this too.

CouchOrnament 11-16-2011 04:16 PM

Like a respec? As far as I know, you can only respec via console on PC. Not on PS3 or 360.

IronBrutzler 11-16-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CouchOrnament (Post 4689769)
Like a respec? As far as I know, you can only respec via console on PC. Not on PS3 or 360.

that's too bad.

CouchOrnament 11-16-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronBrutzler (Post 4689773)
that's too bad.

Yeah, having the option to use console would be nice. With the chatpads etc it would add another layer of choice to the game. I mean, it is already in the game for the PC version, why not put it in the console version?

IronBrutzler 11-16-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CouchOrnament (Post 4689782)
Yeah, having the option to use console would be nice. With the chatpads etc it would add another layer of choice to the game. I mean, it is already in the game for the PC version, why not put it in the console version?

On PC the people expect that there is a console but Xbox or PS it is uncommon.

They just should have a quest for it or a Daedra shrine.

Lewd Llama 69 11-16-2011 04:29 PM

I'm guessing it will be just like Fallout. Your pretty much stuck with what you pick. :(

Dcon6393 11-16-2011 05:42 PM

I think it would be cool to have the Borderlands style system of you pay for resets. Like go see a certain mage and pay them money to reset your perks

KAPiNG 11-16-2011 06:33 PM

May I ask what perks you find useless now? I am curently an orc and planning on geting all the perks in heavy armour and some in smithing and alot in 2 hand..

PrinceOfThralls 11-16-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAPiNG (Post 4690184)
May I ask what perks you find useless now? I am curently an orc and planning on geting all the perks in heavy armour and some in smithing and alot in 2 hand..

Actually, all the perks in smithing and heavy armor are usefull and you need to skill them all. About 2h weapons, I don't know. Enchanting is also very important. You can enchant an item two times with the skill of 100, so you have at least to max out the first perk and work your way towards the last perk.

HDresden 11-16-2011 10:39 PM

i wouldn't say there is really any useless perks, its all relative to the character you're playing & your play style. i know what you're saying though, that you may want to change it up later. best bet is to maybe spread the perks out and not sink them into every perk for each category.

Taylorboy 11-16-2011 10:49 PM

It would be nice to have a skill reset but you can easily abuse it.

E.g get level 100 for smithing and make dragon armour, then reset but keep the dragon armour for example.

Kraderic 11-16-2011 11:21 PM

Yep, start a new character. ;)

MakeshiftMinty 11-16-2011 11:35 PM

In the strategy there's a note saying be careful of what perks you pick because you can't change later

MewMew 11-17-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAPiNG (Post 4690184)
May I ask what perks you find useless now? I am curently an orc and planning on geting all the perks in heavy armour and some in smithing and alot in 2 hand..

Would depend on how you play mostly. I personally find 2-handed pointless. I prefer single handed weapons so I can have a spell ready in the other. I also don't tend to steal so lockpicking and pickpocketing are mostly pointless for me, while they're fairly high priority for a friend of mine who likes playing a thief. Maybe would like lockpicking better if more chests and such in dungeons were locked, but so far most are open and ready for the taking.

DustinAndLola 11-17-2011 12:44 AM

I stuck two perk points in Lockpicking. Wish I could have those back now. Once you reach the thieves guild, lockpicks are so common it doesn't matter if you break a few or 20. I've had over 200+ for good while now.

Neo 11-17-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAPiNG (Post 4690184)
May I ask what perks you find useless now? I am curently an orc and planning on geting all the perks in heavy armour and some in smithing and alot in 2 hand..

I know what you're asking but I guess it depends on your style of play. Right now I'm almost level 37 and I would say that for the first 25 levels all i did was focus on one handed and heavy armour. Now I've switched to working with Archery, Sneak and Lock-picking.

mathgod9 11-17-2011 10:01 AM

I'm pretty frustrated about this -- it makes me want to start a new character. The reason I'm angry is partially due to the worthlessness of the light armor skill tree. I have 100 smithing. I focused on light armor perks. Upon getting to 100, I unlocked dragon. Dragon does not have any weapons. Glass weapons, the highest I can make, are horrible in comparison to Daedra weapons. I am not able to spend one extra perk point for daedra and instead must go through the heavy armor tree if I desire to get daedra weapons, potentially the best in the game if I use alchemy, smithing, and enchanting potions correctly.

As I got smithing to 100 about a day after the game came out, it was impossible for me to know that going the light armor route was pointless and that dragon had no weapons and also that dragon could craft both light and heavy armor sets. If I want to get close to being able to make the best weapons in the game, I have to sacrifice 4 perks that could be used elsewhere and my entire plan is thrown off. One perk I could have handled. Either dragon needs to be able to make weapons, glass weapon damage should be comparable to daedra weapon damage, or we need to be given one respec for perks. This is absolutely ridiculous.

The only thing keeping me from respeccing now is that I'm level 40, have finished almost all guild related quests, and put in at least 24 hours of play time, if not more, on this character. I just feel like that was all for nothing, as smithing 100 was one of the first things I did once I had the money for it.

Iam918 11-17-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathgod9 (Post 4692211)
I am not able to spend one extra perk point for daedra and instead must go through the heavy armor tree if I desire to get daedra weapons, potentially the best in the game if I use alchemy, smithing, and enchanting potions correctly.

As I got smithing to 100 about a day after the game came out, it was impossible for me to know that going the light armor route was pointless and that dragon had no weapons and also that dragon could craft both light and heavy armor sets. If I want to get close to being able to make the best weapons in the game, I have to sacrifice 4 perks that could be used elsewhere and my entire plan is thrown off. One perk I could have handled. Either dragon needs to be able to make weapons, glass weapon damage should be comparable to daedra weapon damage, or we need to be given one respec for perks. This is absolutely ridiculous.

The only thing keeping me from respeccing now is that I'm level 40, have finished almost all guild related quests, and put in at least 24 hours of play time, if not more, on this character. I just feel like that was all for nothing, as smithing 100 was one of the first things I did once I had the money for it.

Really? :mad: I went up the left side as well and was hoping to hit Dragon and then over to Daedra for the weapons, as I had read elsewhere Dragon didn't offer it. That royally sucks though.

Paka 11-17-2011 09:24 PM

Maybe they'll include a respec potion in DLC? It would be a good idea, some people might buy it to get it for a character they've invested a lot of time in but want to tweak.

Ninjaluca2010 12-10-2012 01:09 AM

Yes for xbox i found a way you gotta have the dlc of dragon born and you look at one of the black books in the add on place and it lets you.:uzi::woop::drunk:locked:Bounce::drunk:uzi::uz i::uzi::uzi:

Nitnoid 12-10-2012 10:08 AM

I went up the Light Armor tree and am quite happy. I am INVINCIBLE! Who needs heavy anyway?

FallenNow 12-10-2012 03:42 PM

You can't reset your Perks on Xbox, sadly..

couch slouch 2 12-10-2012 04:18 PM

Reset of perks now available in Dragonborn DLC

Slaughter XBA 01-12-2013 04:04 AM

If you have the Dragonborn DLC, then you can reset a certain skill tree for one dragon soul. After you complete the quest line, read the waking dreams black book to do this.

ecto69 01-12-2013 05:08 AM

A feature I wanted over 1 year ago and now they add it, but need to spend $20 to get it. Bioware gave this feature out for free with LE version of DA2. :eek:

Crimson x360a 01-12-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD (Post 5511307)
If you have the Dragonborn DLC, then you can reset a certain skill tree for one dragon soul. After you complete the quest line, read the waking dreams black book to do this.

you can only do this once?

BloodGodAlucard 01-13-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Tide (Post 5512837)
you can only do this once?

No. It's unlimited. The only cost is that you must sacrifice a dragon soul per stat that you want to reset. So you just have to kill some extra dragons if you don't have a bunch of extra souls stored up already.

Cann0nSen5ei 01-13-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD (Post 5511307)
If you have the Dragonborn DLC, then you can reset a certain skill tree for one dragon soul. After you complete the quest line, read the waking dreams black book to do this.

There is a bug with the "Respec Orbs" where they sometimes do not spawn; to fix this, simply save and reload.

MiraaksWingman 01-16-2013 01:22 AM

Actually there is a way to reset all your perks, but for a price. You'll have to purchase the Dragonborn downloadable content and then complete the storyline. Then, once you've completed it you'll be rewarded with the choice to reset all your perks, this reward is permanent.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.