XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1193)
-   -   Sam Guevenne - Sanguine's rose (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343928)

dudley 11-19-2011 10:29 AM

Sam Guevenne - Sanguine's rose
 
hello guys..i'v a big problem..i'm tring to find Sam Guevenne to begin the quest for sanguine rose...i read that he is in Ivarstead in the inn..i've gone there more times but i cant find him...any help? :(

DecadentBeaver 11-19-2011 10:39 AM

I found him at the Bee and Barb in Riften. He is wearing all black. Hope this helps.

SiyusNL 11-19-2011 10:46 AM

I've found him in the inn of Whiterun I think, so it's just a random spawn.. He could be everywhere in any inn so just go to every inn and you'll find him eventually..

DecadentBeaver 11-19-2011 11:02 AM

Sounds like he gets about like M'aiq! Saying that, he was always in Riften for me until I started the quest. So could be random placement every game you play.

MasterNate 11-20-2011 12:58 PM

I found him in Dead Man's Drink in Falkreath so yeah I think he is just at a random inn in one of the city's

Ulquiorra X 11-20-2011 01:45 PM

He was in whiterun for me. I would recommend checking out all the Inn's in each major city. You will come across him eventually.

defiance ohio 11-20-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulquiorra X (Post 4700765)
He was in whiterun for me. I would recommend checking out all the Inn's in each major city. You will come across him eventually.

This ^ I hung around the Inn in Ivarstead and eventually just gave up and moved on. Ran into him shortly later on in Whiterun. The x360a guide mention that he is showing up in different places for different people. Just keep looking, it's a fun quest :)

CaptainKicker 12-29-2011 01:47 AM

Sooooooo... i loaded my game at lvl 14, where he apparently showed up in Whiterun Inn. Cool guy. But in my lvl 40 game, where i have yet to meet him, he does not show up their. Have looked in every city with no luck.

What is the best i can do?

Elundari 12-29-2011 02:41 AM

He was in whiterun for me too - although I had somehow picked up a misc objectives saying to challenge Sam to a drinking contest in the Banned Mare in Whiterun - can't remember how I picked it up though - sorry!

huwhashabam 12-29-2011 05:21 AM

He was in whiterun for me aswell. He was my last daedric artifact, took me awhile to find him.

CaptainKicker 12-29-2011 10:44 AM

Many hours later, i still have'nt found him. Its getting fustrating.

DecadentBeaver 12-29-2011 12:08 PM

I started a new game to get the daedric artifacts and again, he was in Riften. I've started another new game, this time just for doing everythhing possible, with no fast travelling, and again he was in Riften. Seems to like Riften on my 360.

CaptainKicker 12-29-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver (Post 4792886)
I started a new game to get the daedric artifacts and again, he was in Riften. I've started another new game, this time just for doing everythhing possible, with no fast travelling, and again he was in Riften. Seems to like Riften on my 360.

He's quite the joker. Loves messing with people, making this quest impossible to know-how to do. Oh well, better keep looking in the inns.

Flugruger 12-29-2011 04:49 PM

This guy was an absolute pain in the arse to find, I swear I went round everywhere three times looking round for him in every inn and couldn't find him. I was level 20-something as well. Eventually I found him in Dead Man's Drink after I'd finished the main story, despite the fact that I'd searched there several times for the bastard.

ChickinOnaChain 12-29-2011 06:00 PM

Oh..."A Night to Remember" quest! I have that staff but I've never used it. Actually, I've never used any staffs and I have a ton of them.

fastNcurious 12-29-2011 06:31 PM

I've used that staff and it's pretty helpful when you've got a lot of enemies or pretty powerful ones coming after you. The Dremora has good combat skills and lasts quite a while. With the exception of one time, they always outlast the battle in my experience (playing on Adept).

GodKonflik 12-29-2011 11:27 PM

He appears in whichever major city is closest to you when you level up to 14. I had the same trouble but eventually found him in whiterun only to find out the quest he gives was glitched anyway due to me killing my wife Ysolda of whiterun

Nitnoid 12-30-2011 12:29 PM

For me, he's been sitting in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun for a long time. You pick up the quest when you walk by him, its not an active dialog, just a passing comment about a drinking contest.

Lordvader178 12-30-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNcurious (Post 4793429)
I've used that staff and it's pretty helpful when you've got a lot of enemies or pretty powerful ones coming after you. The Dremora has good combat skills and lasts quite a while. With the exception of one time, they always outlast the battle in my experience (playing on Adept).

Conjure Dremora Lord is amazing (the spell). I play on master and the only thing my Dremora Lord's can't beat in 1 life are Elder/Ancient Dragon's, Briarhearts and any type of supermancer (thin line here, sometimes they do). Supermancer eg. Master Pyromancer and shit like that.

Mikesumus Prime 03-30-2013 09:30 AM

So i know there's an inn in Ivarstead, Riftin, Windhelm, Falkreath, Solitude, and two in Whiterun, and i've looked all these places for this sam clown. Does anyone know what other bars i can check?

Darth Maleval 03-30-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikesumus Prime (Post 5666545)
So i know there's an inn in Ivarstead, Riftin, Windhelm, Falkreath, Solitude, and two in Whiterun, and i've looked all these places for this sam clown. Does anyone know what other bars i can check?


You first have to be at least Level 14. Then he just randomly will show up in any local pub. It could be any one, so if you just keep visiting them...he should show up eventually.

Skillet 03-30-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Maleval (Post 5667308)
You first have to be at least Level 14. Then he just randomly will show up in any local pub. It could be any one, so if you just keep visiting them...he should show up eventually.

It's whichever pub is closest to you when you hit level 14. So if you hit 14 fighting bandits outside of Whiterun, he would be found at the Bannered Mare. If you hit level 14 while in the Ratway in Riften, he'd appear at the Bee and Barb... etc, etc...

Slaughter. 03-31-2013 03:46 AM

He can show up in any of the inns in Skyrim. He showed up in Rorokstead for me, not Ivarstead.

Mikesumus Prime 03-31-2013 05:48 AM

Yes i know all of that already. My question is are there any other inns other than the ones in Ivarstead, Riftin, Windhelm, Falkreath, Solitude, and two in Whiterun?

Skillet 04-05-2013 11:19 PM

Markarth... I found him in Markarth.

There may also be an inn in Morthal, can't remember.

Darth Maleval 04-08-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikesumus Prime (Post 5668416)
Yes i know all of that already. My question is are there any other inns other than the ones in Ivarstead, Riftin, Windhelm, Falkreath, Solitude, and two in Whiterun?


Yes there are....http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Inns

It's pretty much random as to which one he will show up inside. It is not necessarily the first one after you reach level 14. Just keep visiting the Inns and he will show up sooner or later.

Creazil 04-11-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiyusNL (Post 4697919)
I've found him in the inn of Whiterun I think, so it's just a random spawn.. He could be everywhere in any inn so just go to every inn and you'll find him eventually..

I found him here. I went to discuss matters with someone else for a little miscellaneous quest and while I was talking to this person, persuading, all of a sudden another misc quest came up on my screen telling me to have a drinking match. I didn't even know it was a Daedric Quest til it started. Was awesome!

He appears in any inn in the main cities.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.